ADVERTISEMENT

PA Online Liquor Site.

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Just wondering, has anyone even gotten on this site. Many people are starting to understand or think this is just a HUGE RUSE. It is not like I want to go on to buy something, but I did want to go on and see what is offered, etc...

So I went on when it was announced. And everyday since then. Morning. Noon. Late PM. Early evening. Late evening. All of the time have gotten the same bullshit screen that tells me that the COVID19 may cause this site to be overrun and try back later.

It is 100% BS. It is a fraud. Oh, I am sure there is a site. But there are like 3 people managing a website of possible 12 million people. What a joke. What an insult. I was giving Wolfe alot of credit, but this is deplorable. Just ridiculous.

Oh wait...because Tom Wolfe is a Democrat and I am criticizing it Soufie, Freepie and the rest of boot sucking Libs will want to call me a "conservative". No. Again, what is right is right. People cannot handle this crap because of partisan crap.

Only this state can’t figure out how to sell booze. I quit trying to login and went to Wiggle Whiskey.
I did the same thing, even before they said they were going to the online sales. I was just curious if anyone has gotten through because I have heard the same stories from friends, and just saw this very same complaint in an article in tomorrow';s Trib Review.

I like Wigle. Great stuff. Really quality stuff. But also a bit pricey.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I did the same thing, even before they said they were going to the online sales. I was just curious if anyone has gotten through because I have heard the same stories from friends, and just saw this very same complaint in an article in tomorrow';s Trib Review.

No one I know was actually able to order. They probably have 3 people filling orders in Harrisburg so they can say they’re open.

Just wondering, has anyone even gotten on this site. Many people are starting to understand or think this is just a HUGE RUSE. It is not like I want to go on to buy something, but I did want to go on and see what is offered, etc...

So I went on when it was announced. And everyday since then. Morning. Noon. Late PM. Early evening. Late evening. All of the time have gotten the same bullshit screen that tells me that the COVID19 may cause this site to be overrun and try back later.

It is 100% BS. It is a fraud. Oh, I am sure there is a site. But there are like 3 people managing a website of possible 12 million people. What a joke. What an insult. I was giving Wolfe alot of credit, but this is deplorable. Just ridiculous.

Oh wait...because Tom Wolfe is a Democrat and I am criticizing it Soufie, Freepie and the rest of boot sucking Libs will want to call me a "conservative". No. Again, what is right is right. People cannot handle this crap because of partisan crap.
The LCB is an independent government agency, and is not under the control of the governor. So check your outrage against him.

They probably do have three people filling orders. Do they have a centralized warehouse? How many drunks were using this service a month ago? How many drunks are trying to use it today?

The same thing is happening with unemployment. A month ago very few claims were being processed. Now over 1.1 million claims are being filed and the same number of people who were processing claims a month ago are being expected to process all those claims in a single day. It’s just not possible.

Wigle is good. If you haven't tried it, check out the stuff from Southern Tier's distillery. I think it is better. Not sure if they sell it at their brewpub on the North Shore.

As for the online liquor sales, the state doesn't do anything fast. And I suppose this is a matter of them trying to do something quickly and failing. I put it pretty far down the list of things that matter right now.

The online portal is for wholesale only! You can order online with Wiggle or PA Libations or drive to Ohio like we did! PA is so parochial.

Local craft breweries have added online ordering for pickup of beer. It has been slick and seamless. I know it is way smaller volume and distribution but that has been great.

I don't know one single person who has gotten through the website.

Here's a great article about the whole situation.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...eopened-interest-in-liquor-privatization.html

"As of Tuesday, nearly 7,800 people successfully placed an order since online-only sales began on April 1 out of the 1.9 million people who tried, according to the PLCB. That translates to about 238 out of 239 people who visited the website and found the online store’s virtual door closed, with the sign saying: “Thank you for being a valued customer."

Four times, the House has passed privatization legislation shepherded by House Speaker Mike Turzai, R-Allegheny County, including once in 2013 and three times in 2015. The first attempt in 2015 made its way through both chambers and ended up receiving Wolf’s veto. The last attempt in 2015 became the compromise measure that Wolf signed that led to beer and wine sales in grocery and convenience stores, among other reforms.

“Virtually no one was satisfied with the government-run liquor monopoly before, but it’s shocking that 99.7 percent of visitors to PLCB’s new online sales site can’t buy anything, and our border states see a crisis from Pennsylvania crossing state lines,” Benefield said.

Turzai indicated that several privatization bills will be introduced soon including one that he and Rep. Tim O’Neal, R-Washington County, plan to sponsor that calls for privatizing both the wholesale and retail liquor system.

“I am quite sure there will be other proposals as well,” Turzai said. “Like wine and beer, other beverages should be sold in the private sector under the same responsible parameters that exist now. It has become abundantly clear we don’t need the state stores and we should allow purchases to occur in private sector stores that are regulated and taxed as we do with wine and beer.”

That idea of spirit expansion already was a topic of conversation “but this just really makes things move a little quicker,” he said. “It’s just unfortunate that Pennsylvania is the only state in the country that has completely shut down its spirits stores.”

The LCB is an independent government agency, and is not under the control of the governor. So check your outrage against him.
What? :rolleyes:

The agency is governed by a three-member Board whose members are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by two-thirds of the state Senate.

State government has done a pretty solid job of preventing NY and NJ craziness in our state. I think we are doing pretty well if this is our worst issue. Besides, distributors and local brewers/distillers/wineries are open.

Reactions: pittdan77
Don't rain on the OP's parade, he's on a roll! LOL
So let's cloud the whole point of the thread and article in today's Trib that it isn't working cause I threw a shot at Wolfe. If Corbett is in charge, I would have thrown it at him. They are the ones not allowing privatized distribution of liquor like you know, 90% of the states. Stop getting panties in a bunch when someone criticizes a Democrat. You sound like Trump supporters. Which is essentially you are the same folks.

Point here, website was made available, and obviously it is not working. I know of ZERO persons who was able to access let alone order.

Reactions: LivinWell
So let's cloud the whole point of the thread and article in today's Trib that it isn't working cause I threw a shot at Wolfe. If Corbett is in charge, I would have thrown it at him. They are the ones not allowing privatized distribution of liquor like you know, 90% of the states. Stop getting panties in a bunch when someone criticizes a Democrat. You sound like Trump supporters. Which is essentially you are the same folks.

Point here, website was made available, and obviously it is not working. I know of ZERO persons who was able to access let alone order.
For some reason, you brought me into your rant?
So you mistakenly blame Wolfe for the website not working and it is me who has his paties in a bunch?
Lots of things "aren't working" right now.
You are very odd. I think the isolation is getting to you.

Reactions: JimNazium
FYI it's Wolf not Wolfe. Not to be that guy but I want to spare you from typing the extra letter.

For some reason, you brought me into your rant?
So you mistakenly blame Wolfe for the website not working and it is me who has his paties in a bunch?
Lots of things "aren't working" right now.
You are very odd. I think the isolation is getting to you.
Well......I was just anticipating because I criticized something that is being overseen by a Democrat, I was going to take fire and I was right. The same thing happens on the Trump board when I criticize him or his followers. The fact that I have defended Wolfe for advancing PA's Liquor Laws evidently doesn't count.

As for this, it seems pretty damn simple. I know Tom Wolfe is not personally writing code for the website access, but he is in charge and he has to have been hearing how much of a failure is. The State stores were losing $6.5 mill/day in sales. The website was designed to allow sales to get the PLCB some revenue. I don't think he intentionally made it poor as to discourage drinking from a morality perspective. But it is an easy fix. Get more bandwith, hire more people, have more distribution points. It ain't that hard.

The site that I went on said "consumers" but it asks for your ID# and when you search it is all bars and restaurants. We are pretty set now that we went to Ohio and stocked up but if we need anything we will try again. Thanks for the heads up and remember .....

You can't drink all day unless you start 1st thing!

No it is not. They opened it up for consumers. But no one can get through. This is different from the Wholesaler site.

Well......I was just anticipating because I criticized something that is being overseen by a Democrat, I was going to take fire and I was right. The same thing happens on the Trump board when I criticize him or his followers. The fact that I have defended Wolfe for advancing PA's Liquor Laws evidently doesn't count.

As for this, it seems pretty damn simple. I know Tom Wolfe is not personally writing code for the website access, but he is in charge and he has to have been hearing how much of a failure is. The State stores were losing $6.5 mill/day in sales. The website was designed to allow sales to get the PLCB some revenue. I don't think he intentionally made it poor as to discourage drinking from a morality perspective. But it is an easy fix. Get more bandwith, hire more people, have more distribution points. It ain't that hard.

Get more bandwidth isn't always an easy fix. My company had us working nights for three weeks as our network couldn't handle the extra daytime traffic. I'd assume it's something similar here. Add in the speed it takes for government to do anything and it makes sense.

That's called paranoia.
Trust me, you're not that important.

The site that I went on said "consumers" but it asks for your ID# and when you search it is all bars and restaurants. We are pretty set now that we went to Ohio and stocked up but if we need anything we will try again. Thanks for the heads up and remember .....

You can't drink all day unless you start 1st thing!
That's not the site.

Get more bandwidth isn't always an easy fix. My company had us working nights for three weeks as our network couldn't handle the extra daytime traffic. I'd assume it's something similar here. Add in the speed it takes for government to do anything and it makes sense.

Another problem is the inventory is spread out amongst how many stores throughout the state? The simple and obvious thing to do, and it's long overdue, is to reopen the stores. It's like closing the rest areas on the interstates. That mistake was realized early and immediate action was taken to correct it.

What do you not understand about the LCB being an independent entity that is not under the control of the governor? The governor appoints the Board members, who are approved by the state senate, and they run the organization. The governor’s only role is to appoint the board.

That's called paranoia.
Trust me, you're not that important.

What are you talking about - how is he being paranoid?

What do you not understand about the LCB being an independent entity that is not under the control of the governor? The governor appoints the Board members, who are approved by the state senate, and they run the organization. The governor’s only role is to appoint the board.
Anything run by the Commonwealth is the responsibility of the Governor - he is the CEO of Pennsylvania. You are spitting hairs here.

Reactions: PITTBus
What are you talking about - how is he being paranoid?
Well......I was just anticipating because I criticized something that is being overseen by a Democrat, I was going to take fire and I was right.

Personally dragging me into his original post, when I don't have a dog in this fight.
Are you his mommy?

Well......I was just anticipating because I criticized something that is being overseen by a Democrat, I was going to take fire and I was right.

Personally dragging me into his original post, when I don't have a dog in this fight.
Are you his mommy?
No - are you always this snarky?

Perhaps he was jumping the gun in his OP, but the responses are exactly why I rarely if ever venture over to the Locker Room. Politics make people look ridiculous.

Defending the PLCB in normal times is a stretch, but now? It's ridiculous.

Reactions: PITTBus
No - are you always this snarky?

Perhaps he was jumping the gun in his OP, but the responses are exactly why I rarely if ever venture over to the Locker Room. Politics make people look ridiculous.

Defending the PLCB in normal times is a stretch, but now? It's ridiculous.
Not always, but at times, yes.

My initial response to him was quite tame.

Agree about the locker room, a cesspool.

The same could be said about ATTACKING the PLCB now?

Have a nice day, and stay safe.

Reactions: pitt-girl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT