ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

As of today what does next year look like?

Camacho
Priest
Mathews
McMillen/Kemmerer
Badgett
Keslar
Augustine
Lledo/Hivnor
Stout/Cooley
Pitzer/Reid

Can any current seniors return?

Philippi and Nino can come back. Next year would be Philippis 7th year in college so not sure he would want to come back at that point. He may just want to move on. However I feel a lot may ride on if he finally gets over the hump this year. He has been so close to being an All American that if he fails again this year, he may just give it one more go.

Reactions: gary2
Let’s assume he won’t come back. Priest will never be able to go 133 so we are in desperate need of a 125 or 133, whichever Camacho doesn’t go. I’m not exactly confident in anyone for 165 after wentzel is gone and 184 in terms of competing for an ACC championship. We definitely have some holes that need filled sooner than later.

Reactions: jctrack and gary2
Philippi and Nino can come back. Next year would be Philippis 7th year in college so not sure he would want to come back at that point. He may just want to move on. However I feel a lot may ride on if he finally gets over the hump this year. He has been so close to being an All American that if he fails again this year, he may just give it one more go.
Thanks for the info

They literally might be able to pull in the best recruiting class of all time if everyone sticks haha. Few things big brand in the big ten. There new workout center is like the Alabama of college wrestling. Some things I am not sure of but can speculate is NIL money as well. Rumors were swirling that #1 overall Jesse Mendez had an offer for 80k to go to Indiana yet he committed to Ohio state. Logic tells me that there are some pretty incredible NIL deals in Columbus too. Plus that is a great college town thoroughly enjoyed my visits there back in the day. Also have Steiner be your lightweight coach is a very nice bonus

Reactions: _DBHoops
They literally might be able to pull in the best recruiting class of all time if everyone sticks haha. Few things big brand in the big ten. There new workout center is like the Alabama of college wrestling. Some things I am not sure of but can speculate is NIL money as well. Rumors were swirling that #1 overall Jesse Mendez had an offer for 80k to go to Indiana yet he committed to Ohio state. Logic tells me that there are some pretty incredible NIL deals in Columbus too. Plus that is a great college town thoroughly enjoyed my visits there back in the day. Also have Steiner be your lightweight coach is a very nice bonus
Thank you for the reply and great info.

Let’s assume he won’t come back. Priest will never be able to go 133 so we are in desperate need of a 125 or 133, whichever Camacho doesn’t go. I’m not exactly confident in anyone for 165 after wentzel is gone and 184 in terms of competing for an ACC championship. We definitely have some holes that need filled sooner than later.

I only just remembered Camacho has four whole years of eligibility left. If he could be a career 25 that would be huge.

One of 165 or 184 should get filled when MacKay arrives depending on whether he lands at 165, or 174 with Luca moving up.

Reactions: singregardless
Off topic a bit, but look how strong was that 106 weight class 2 years ago. Kilkeary win it, with Kasak, Church, Van Dee, and Priest all in the bracket and winning states the following year. Has there even been a bracket with 5 future state champs in it?

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
Maybe I will try to come back. Lets see, 70 years old, replaced knee, bad shoulder, 100lbs overweight, slow and weak. On second thought I'll pass.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting any 184lbers? I See McKay at 165 and Luca at 174 and maybe Lledo but just wandering.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting any 184lbers? I See McKay at 165 and Luca at 174 and maybe Lledo but just wandering.
I think McKay 174, Luca 184 eventually. Once Pletcher and Keslar have had a couple years in the room and are ready to break into the lineup at 57 and 65.

Could happen, I just don’t see Luca at 184, he’s a built 174 right now, not sure how much bigger he can get

Reactions: persp
I think McKay 174, Luca 184 eventually. Once Pletcher and Keslar have had a couple years in the room and are ready to break into the lineup at 57 and 65.

How good is the younger Pletcher I've somehow never really seem him wrestle much

How good is the younger Pletcher I've somehow never really seem him wrestle much
Good not great prospect. Won’t be in the top 100 or anything like that but he is a guy who could easily be a starter in 2/3 years if things go right. If I was coach Gavin I’m signing 4 or 5 of this level prospect every year and I’d be ecstatic if one pans out

Reactions: lucac and persp
Bethel Park's Mason Kernan (soph, 120) is 28-0 with some nice recent wins.
I'm guessing that is Hunter's brother?

If so, that would be a good pickup. Love Hunter's athleticism, just don't love his head game

I would like to think we have a very good shot to land him if we want. I know KG was sitting with the family at one of the tournaments I believe Allegheny County.
I know Hunter seems gun shy but his progress has been incredible. Coming out of high school he profiled more like a D3 or D2 guy and he has pulled off some impressive wins this year and nearly beat a top 15 guy a week ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT