ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

Thrilled you are here man! Must be a relief that the process is winding down. I hadn't thought about your point in bold before but it's a really smart one! With so many more WPIAL kids coming in we should really see home crowd sizes boosted over the next few seasons.
Thanks, Yea, he’s my third, daughter runs at RMU, heptathalon and pentathlon, Dylan’s at Bucknell, now Tebo. It doesn’t get any easier and while it’s a relief to get this done still have post season and off season to perform at the level he can. W/covid and team being down it’s been challenging and I am all over the place on weekends with all 3 of them competing. All 3 of them wanted to go to Pitt, knew Tebo had best shot when it appeared 125 was going to be a need and he’s walking around lighter than that still.
He loved the visit, was like an old Team Pa all star team reunion. Once they are all there, I can see representation from many of the local towns coming to cheer on the panthers. Lots of folks up here already said it’ll give them a reason to get season tickets again.
Couldn’t be happier unless they were back on same team again.

Thanks, Yea, he’s my third, daughter runs at RMU, heptathalon and pentathlon, Dylan’s at Bucknell, now Tebo. It doesn’t get any easier and while it’s a relief to get this done still have post season and off season to perform at the level he can. W/covid and team being down it’s been challenging and I am all over the place on weekends with all 3 of them competing. All 3 of them wanted to go to Pitt, knew Tebo had best shot when it appeared 125 was going to be a need and he’s walking around lighter than that still.
He loved the visit, was like an old Team Pa all star team reunion. Once they are all there, I can see representation from many of the local towns coming to cheer on the panthers. Lots of folks up here already said it’ll give them a reason to get season tickets again.
Wow I just looked at Dylan's wrestlestat and he is crushing. Rini and Peterson wins are very impressive and so are the close matches w/ C Bailey and A Gonzales.

Welcome to the area, youre a year late from seeing a really good team. We had 5 graduate who combined for 650 wins over their HS career. My son Dylan and AHR were 340 of those combined. We were loaded from 106-157. This is a down year, back to being good next year and a few years before we challenge for WPIAL championship again. Great youth and Jr High programs, we are blessed with a number of good volunteer coaches at youth level
Thank you for the welcome. Music to my ears about the youth and Jr High program coaches

Congratulations! We live off Freedom Rd.
Did your son play any other sports at SV?

Congratulations! We live off Freedom Rd.
Did your son play any other sports at SV?
They both played a little baseball and lacrosse but focused on wrestling starting in JR high. My daughter ran track and did cheer. Two older ones are already in University. We’re in Pinehurst across from North Boundry park

They both played a little baseball and lacrosse but focused on wrestling starting in JR high. My daughter ran track and did cheer. Two older ones are already in University. We’re in Pinehurst across from North Boundry park
Nice! Our good friends live in that neighborhood and we go to the water park all the time. I just got done coaching my youngest in the SV youth basketball league.

Thrilled you are here man! Must be a relief that the process is winding down. I hadn't thought about your point in bold before but it's a really smart one! With so many more WPIAL kids coming in we should really see home crowd sizes boosted over the next few seasons.
It’s a snowball that really rolls downhill. When I was at NA, we heard non-stop about Ty Moore and Ray Brinzer and on and on. You get amped up to keep the legacy going. Although to be fair to us, it would have been really, really hard to keep that one going.

I don’t know much about D5 down in the mountains but it seems like Chestnut Ridge has like 100 students but always makes some team noise in AA. I love things like that.

Would this be awesome or what?

Obviously I’m biased but there are only a few teams that really need them like we do in terms of stepping right in and being a big bonus. Penn State doesn’t, Lehigh doesn’t,Penn doesn’t, the surrounding states I don’t believe do except for maybe Maryland so unless he wants to return to New York I hope we can land him by the end of the weekend.

Obviously I’m biased but there are only a few teams that really need them like we do in terms of stepping right in and being a big bonus. Penn State doesn’t, Lehigh doesn’t,Penn doesn’t, the surrounding states I don’t believe do except for maybe Maryland so unless he wants to return to New York I hope we can land him by the end of the weekend.
He visited WVU as well not sure if he has more planned or not

Reactions: lucac
I think Nebraska makes the most sense, if he doesn't have anything against the Midwest. They are down bad at both lightweight spots.

Maryland has a stud redshirting at 125.

Oh I forgot, came here to say: i think all our commits won WPIAL titles either this week or last. Chappell, Priest, Laffey, Pletcher, Keslar, Stout, Pitzer. Laffey and Keslar had good finals opponents and came away with 7-1 and 5-2 wins.

In Ohio, Codie Cuerbo won his sectional and wore a Pitt tee on the podium.

He’s going to take a couple more official visits from what I understand.
Well that's disappointing as I was hoping for a commitment during his Pitt visit. Thanks for the info.

I feel pretty good about it, definitely getting him here was huge, I think he’ll see what we can offer and he’ll start next year. Bwh05, if you here anything more or how his visit went definitely let us know?

Oh I forgot, came here to say: i think all our commits won WPIAL titles either this week or last. Chappell, Priest, Laffey, Pletcher, Keslar, Stout, Pitzer. Laffey and Keslar had good finals opponents and came away with 7-1 and 5-2 wins.

In Ohio, Codie Cuerbo won his sectional and wore a Pitt tee on the podium.
I think that was sectionals, not WPIALs. I can only find the sectionals brackets on Flo

I think that was sectionals, not WPIALs. I can only find the sectionals brackets on Flo

In 3A the sectionals were yesterday. The WPIAL championships are next weekend, Friday and Saturday.

For 2A the WPIAL championships were last weekend, and next weekend is the state southwest regional (districts 5, 6 and 7).

Reactions: _DBHoops and persp
EDIT: The AAA WPIAL tourney appears to be this coming weekend perhaps? AA was indeed completed and Mackay and Pitzer did win their titles. Pitzer did his usual thing of pinning everyone and Mackay did his best Pitzering by winning all by fall or default. The default was in the semis. He won by fall in the finals too. Excited to see what he does at states. We know Pitzer will keep pinning. Can Mackay follow suit?

EDIT: The AAA WPIAL tourney appears to be this coming weekend perhaps? AA was indeed completed and Mackay and Pitzer did win their titles. Pitzer did his usual thing of pinning everyone and Mackay did his best Pitzering by winning all by fall or default. The default was in the semis. He won by fall in the finals too. Excited to see what he does at states. We know Pitzer will keep pinning. Can Mackay follow suit?
AAA Sections were last week, WPIALs start Friday at 4 PM at Canon Mac. Brackets should come out today and will be on WPIAL wrestling web page. Section results are on there and Flo Arena. AA SW Regional is this weekend at Peters Township, brackets are already up on WPIAL site and Flo.

States start following Thursday, 3/10.

PA-Wrestling.com has good information on PA Wrestlers like stats, tournament brackets, etc... http://pa-wrestling.com/index.htm

AAA Sections were last week, WPIALs start Friday at 4 PM at Canon Mac. Brackets should come out today and will be on WPIAL wrestling web page. Section results are on there and Flo Arena. AA SW Regional is this weekend at Peters Township, brackets are already up on WPIAL site and Flo.

States start following Thursday, 3/10.

PA-Wrestling.com has good information on PA Wrestlers like stats, tournament brackets, etc... http://pa-wrestling.com/index.htm
WPIAL AAA Brackets

Reactions: lucac
For those who are interested the Trib web site is showing the whole WPIAL 3A tournament tomorrow and Saturday.

Trib Story

Tomorrow:

WPIAL Individual Wrestling Class 3A Championships – Video Stream: Preliminaries and Quarterfinals at 5 p.m. on Greene Sports Net at TribHSSN.TribLive.com with audio on WJPA-AM 1450

Saturday:

WPIAL Individual Wrestling Class 3A Championships – Video Stream: Semifinals at 10 a.m. on Greene Sports Net at TribHSSN.TribLive.com with audio on WJPA-AM 1450

WPIAL Individual Wrestling Class 3A Championships – Video Stream: Consolation and Championship Finals at 4 p.m. on Greene Sports Net at TribHSSN.TribLive.com with audio on WJPA-AM 1450

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT