ADVERTISEMENT

Pack Heinz

Neutral field works too, but even home wouldn’t be an issue for me.

And I’m thinking Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc.

Not Vandy or Tennessee or that crowd. A top-15 matchup.

I don’t think it’s all UCF’s fault that their conference isn’t that good.

Since 2008 Auburn has only had 3 seasons with 10 or more wins, of the past 9 seasons UF has only had 4 seasons with 9 or more wins. If UCF beats either of these two on their down seasons then the game is meaningless and doesn't prove anything to anyone.

A. LSU, Georgia or Alabama will not sign up to play UCF at this point
B. If they do, they would probably only do a 2-0-1 where they will not pay UCF much for the away game and that means we will ultimately lose a lot of money. We make about $3 mill per home game and we do not have comfy tv deals from our conference either.

Reactions: footnfan1
I'd say it was 35k or so.

Regardless, people always clamor for 330. Let's see if they show up.

35k was about right.

I was there, the upper sections were almost empty, the North End Zone had a few VA fans in seats otherwise it was completely empty which equates to 35k give or take a few fans in the restrooms.

Hopefully more fans show up for UCF.

But it could be:
to windy
not windy enough
to sunny
not sunny enough
to hot
not hot enough
there's a hurricane churning around in the Carribbean and we have to board up in Pittsburgh
no rain
could rain maybe
we don't go to games unless it rains
we don't go to games if it rains
don't like the smell of fried food from the concession stands
to much traffic
possible pop up thunder storm
grandmother is playing in a senior soccer game
the assisted living facility that parents are in qualified for rugby tourney finals
grandfather is playing in a bocci ball tournament at the Italian American Club
can't take mass transit wife is to big to fit on the bus or T

Excuses like that will keep some away.

Last edited:
35K just like OKST. Top 15 team that nobody cares about. Nobody goin
Yup, I'd rather go see Delaware, at least there's a chance that that will be a good game and a Pitt WIN, UCF will blow them out, what fun is that?

especially when their kids have soccer games...
Absolutely, it was great missing the football games this week, you're own kids are always a HUGE, HUGE PRIORITY over Pitt or even the more important Steelers, I missed Pitt and the Steelers this week to watch D3 woman's college soccer both days, If I had missed that soccer I would feel devastated! Her team one twice (unlike Pitt and the Steelers) My daughter scored a goal in a college soccer game for the first time! That's WAY, WAY, WAY BIGGER to me than Pitt beating Penn State, it's once in a lifetime, Pitt vs. Penn State, been there, done that. but I did see it on DVR! :)

You're supposed to go to games to support your team and cheer them on not just the games that make you happy.

In a possible upset effort against a ranked team they need the fans.
I live 4 hours away, I hate driving, I go to one or two games a year consistently for the last 25 years, IMO that's pretty damn good.

Reactions: SisadaPITT
Anyone who doesn’t know who UCF is at this point and says sounds like a MAC team should not be attending any college football games.

You guys have one of the most exciting offenses in the nation coming to your city.

How do the Orlando Breakers look this year?

Reactions: pittdan77
There will be about 25,000 there tops on Saturday.

But I'll say this. Somehow someway pull out a win, then start on a roll with some of the easier teams on the schedule after that ... and if the Steelers keep losing without BR, JC, etc... this team can catch some buzz in town. But all these things have to happen, and it starts with the hardest task of all on Saturday. But if this coach wants to salvage his rep (gotta be taking a beating the last two weeks with the faux pas) and if the team wants to make its own destiny, there's actually a window there.

How about victories over Georgia, Auburn, Penn St at Happy Valley in 2014, #5 Baylor in the Fiesta, Alabama when were freshly D1.

We lost 40-32 to LSU in the Fiesta in January....without Heisman candidate McKenzie Milton. Milton had a gruesome injury during the regular season, so we had redshirt freshman D Mack at QB. He did his best, but the freshman in him showed in fumbles and decision making. Still, we lost. By 8 points.

ACC seems like the right conference to join, but I don't think there is any talk of expansion. Big 12 has shown interest, but they've mulled over expansion for years. Until we get chartered into the P5 country club, we play the Cincys, Houstons, etc.

This might be one of the most rediculous post ever. You beat 3-8 Alabama in 2000 and 6-7 Georgia in 2010. 2014 Penn St was still on probation. Basically of all those teams you mentioned is Baylor and Auburn.

I stand by my statement, you want more respect schedule and beat blue bloods. Pitt and Stanford type wins only go so far.

But we'll announce 45,000, and people here will say that they thought there might have been even more than that.
it wasn't too long ago that pitt under pederson went way overboard with the attendance.. i think they've gotten a lot better lately.

42k for Ohio. that's 62% capacity. i don't think that's too far off. you think that number was inflated? Damn stadium holds close to 69k.

Reactions: ThePanthers
it wasn't too long ago that pitt under pederson went way overboard with the attendance.. i think they've gotten a lot better lately.

42k for Ohio. that's 62% capacity. i don't think that's too far off. you think that number was inflated? Damn stadium holds close to 69k.
They announced 29k for one game a couple years ago, don’t get whyd the would lie/exaggerate. The crowd vs Ohio looked not too far off from UVA.

Reactions: ThePanthers
There will be about 25,000 there tops on Saturday.

But I'll say this. Somehow someway pull out a win, then start on a roll with some of the easier teams on the schedule after that ... and if the Steelers keep losing without BR, JC, etc... this team can catch some buzz in town. But all these things have to happen, and it starts with the hardest task of all on Saturday. But if this coach wants to salvage his rep (gotta be taking a beating the last two weeks with the faux pas) and if the team wants to make its own destiny, there's actually a window there.

There will be a nice amount of UCF fans scattered around the lower bowl (on top of our visitor section seats). Hopefully Pitt comes out and supports their team.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Anyone who doesn’t know who UCF is at this point and says sounds like a MAC team should not be attending any college football games.

You guys have one of the most exciting offenses in the nation coming to your city.

I would bet 90% of people in Pittsburgh either never heard of UCF or didnt know they had a football team. I would bet only 1%-2% of people here know they have a very good team. Its just not a college football town.

I would bet 90% of people in Pittsburgh either never heard of UCF or didnt know they had a football team. I would bet only 1%-2% of people here know they have a very good team. Its just not a college football town.
90% of Pittsburgh doesn’t go to Pitt football games either. But if they see a rank next to the team they’re playing people will show up just for that.

12k were in the restrooms at any given point in time which reconciles the difference between the real attendance of 35k versus the 47k reported.
35k is 1/2 filled. You are out of your mind if you are telling me there were only 35k at that game.

Really? Like what other G5 team has done that on the last decade? Since 2000?

BYU is the original over 40 years of making runs like that. Utah and TCU did it where they were able to capitalize it to P5 offers where they are solid programs but nothing like when they were on top of the G5 world. Boise St did it also and they are a fringe top 25 team. In between all that you would have 1 year wonders like Fresno St, W Mich, etc. It is UCFs turn as a G5 darling making a run. They come down to reality at some point.

Hopefully this week.

They’ve made 3 elite bowls over the last 6 years. Fiesta Bowl Twice and Peach Bowl Once - They are 2-1 in those games. They have won 9 or more games six times since 2010, and have finished in the Top 10 multiple times.

BYU is the original over 40 years of making runs like that. Utah and TCU did it where they were able to capitalize it to P5 offers where they are solid programs but nothing like when they were on top of the G5 world. Boise St did it also and they are a fringe top 25 team. In between all that you would have 1 year wonders like Fresno St, W Mich, etc. It is UCFs turn as a G5 darling making a run. They come down to reality at some point.

Hopefully this week.

None of those teams you listed have done the following that is bolded ( not sure about BYU).

There are somewhere around 25,000 seats in the upper level. Probably about 2,000 of them were filled. That means that if every other seat in the place, lower level, club level, boxes, everything, were completely filled there would have been about 44,000 in attendance. If you went to the game, is it even within the realm of possibility that there were only approximately 2,000 empty seats in the whole rest of the stadium excluding the upper deck?

Go look at some of the pictures that Pitt posted after the game and tell me if it looks like the lower level was 95% full. Here's a link for you:

https://pittsburghpanthers.com/galleries/?gallery=3370

In that link, look at the background of photos like the one where Mack is running with the ball and Hargrove is behind him to the right, or the photo of Baldanado and Pinnock tackling the Ohio player, or the one with Davis being held up by Van Lynn and tell me that there were only a couple thousand empty seats in the lower level.

I would agree with the idea that we have been getting better with these numbers lately. But that number is simply unbelievable by anyone looking at it with anything other than blue and gold, or would it be yellow, glasses on.

That place was not even close to half full, and half full is 34,000. So start from there and work your way down.

None of those teams you listed have done the following that is bolded ( not sure about BYU).

Geese could the reason be that it was only in 2014 that the highest ranked G5 team got an auto bid so since UCF has been the best during that time the benefited? When Utah and Boise were making their run there was no such rule.

So they didn't win that marquee bowl game? Thanks

Keep moving those goal posts buddy, your excuses to delegitimize UCF wont help the state of your program.

Not sure what you’re talking about? Both Utah and Boise have won multiple major bowls since 2000. Hell, Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: Mikefln
They announced 29k for one game a couple years ago, don’t get whyd the would lie/exaggerate. The crowd vs Ohio looked not too far off from UVA.

Would you rather tell a prospective in stadium advertiser we average 30k or 50k when you're selling them advertising opportunities? That's why they lie.

It got so ridiculous under Pederson that nobody ever believed any number that was announced. It got better after he left, but it seems the over inflation factor has returned.

Would you rather tell a prospective in stadium advertiser we average 30k or 50k when you're selling them advertising opportunities? That's why they lie.

It got so ridiculous under Pederson that nobody ever believed any number that was announced. It got better after he left, but it seems the over inflation factor has returned.
If Heather Lyke really wants to be loved, she needs to find a way to undo the damage Pederson did. 45k stadium in North Oakland with ample parking and tailgating space. Won’t be easy.

90% of Pittsburgh doesn’t go to Pitt football games either. But if they see a rank next to the team they’re playing people will show up just for that.

That’s because they move to Florida. All schools have a problem as did us, UCF, until we started beating people. I’ll hand it to PITT though it’s one of my favorite cities to visit in the summer

Not sure what you’re talking about? Both Utah and Boise have won multiple major bowls since 2000. Hell, Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

You'll have to forgive him, he's a UCF fan, he thinks college football was invented 5 or 6 years ago. He has no recollection of things like Utah winning the Sugar Bowl or the Fiesta Bowl.

So they didn't win that marquee bowl game? Thanks

Keep moving those goal posts buddy, your excuses to delegitimize UCF wont help the state of your program.

LOL yeah right. You and many UCF fans act like there was never college football played before 2010.

In this thread alone a UCF fan claimed victories over Bama and Georgia insinuating they happened in the past few years. The reality is that you beat a 3-8 Bama team in 2000 and a 6-7 Georgia team in 2010. You guys then claim that no other G5 team won New Year 6 Bowls and others have.

Face reality, the way your schedule is made you only get so much respect for being undefeated with it. I give you credit with scheduling Pitt and Standford, but those are not blue bloods. They are respectable programs but not the blue bloods.

Obviously I want Pitt to win this week, but in many ways I want them to win just to shut you UCF fans up. You guys are obnoxious.

You'll have to forgive him, he's a UCF fan, he thinks college football was invented 5 or 6 years ago. He has no recollection of things like Utah winning the Sugar Bowl or the Fiesta Bowl.

Or Boise St beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl with the statue of liberty play and that player proposed to the cheerleader afterwards. Why should they know that. Not only was it on ESPN for days on end, it was also on everything from Good Morning America, Today, and a bunch of other non sport shows.

Then a few years later Boise St won the Fiesta Bowl again against TCU.

But according to UCF fans, UCF is the only G5 team to do so.

I hope your players go easy on our little G5 team on Saturday. We've struggled against the P5 in the last 3 years only going 4-1 with an average margin of victory over 20 points and our lone loss coming against top 10 LSU by 1 score with our backup QB. We just can't compete against the P5 they are too strong for us.

Now I see why your school is a diploma meal, because I never said you were not a good team. You are a legit 10-15 ranked team and better than Pitt right now. Nothing I said suggested otherwise. My point is other G5 teams have made runs like this before UCF did and they faded and UCF will too at some point.

:rolleyes:

That's the spirit!
Going to see THE OTHER GREAT TEAM is never on my radar. I want to go on a day when it's more likely Pitt could win or be competitive. I'd never consider going to the game if Alabama came to Heinz Field, why? To leave early depressed at a non entertaining game that is probably a humiliation?

Enjoy your 15 minutes. They're about up.
It would be nice to get 15 minutes, Pitt hasn't had that in THIRTY FIVE YEARS. I guess 13-9 and 43-42 where worth a minute each, but nothing much else.

I know but these guys are insufferable. For two years they've been coming here and telling us how wonderful UCF is and how the P5 is so much worse off without them.
In the current era, the last few years, they are a blue blood compared to Pitt, it might end soon, who knows? But Pitt hasn't had a year even close to their last two for over 35 years. And I actually enjoy watching them, and rooting for them to beat P5 teams, was great last week seeing them pound Stanford.

Reactions: KnightFanHBB
In the current era, the last few years, they are a blue blood compared to Pitt, it might end soon, who knows? But Pitt hasn't had a year even close to their last two for over 35 years. And I actually enjoy watching them, and rooting for them to beat P5 teams, was great last week seeing them pound Stanford.

Good for you. Has nothing to do with the point but I'm happy you enjoy it.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT