ADVERTISEMENT

Panther-Lair Pandemic Fantasy Draft Conversation & Dialogue

Probably should make sure that the player played a minimum of games in that season too. While I'd love to take Rod Brookin's sophomore year where he shot 53.8% from three I don't think that 5 games is a representative sample size. :cool:

There have been at least two guys picked based on seasons that included less than half of their team's games that year. I would think that that is something that would be taken into account when thinking about which team would win a particular matchup, but who knows?

There have been at least two guys picked based on seasons that included less than half of their team's games that year. I would think that that is something that would be taken into account when thinking about which team would win a particular matchup, but who knows?

Yeah, it's just a thing to consider when evaluating, I suppose. Because obviously Ryan Luther wouldn't have averaged a double/double over a full season but he still would have had a good year.

Yeah, it's just a thing to consider when evaluating, I suppose. Because obviously Ryan Luther wouldn't have averaged a double/double over a full season but he still would have had a good year.
Essentially he had 13/10. On that team, he still would have been the goto guy. How quickly we forget what happened to that team when he went out. I’d contend he’d still get his stats. Someone had to. And playing alongside Charles Smith on my team? What would that mean?

Khem is another one who fits into that category. Had pretty good numbers with great efficiency in the 10 games he played in.

Reactions: thirteenNINE
Essentially he had 13/10. On that team, he still would have been the goto guy. How quickly we forget what happened to that team when he went out. I’d contend he’d still get his stats. Someone had to. And playing alongside Charles Smith on my team? What would that mean?

Oh I am sure that he still gets his numbers, that team would have been awful on the boards, but his efficiency numbers certainly go in the toilet as the season goes on. He probably goes for 12 and 8 with an Ortg around 95-100 over a full year, which still ain't bad.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Another thing to be mindful of as we keep each other accountable...we can’t manipulate the numbers and take a guys scoring numbers from one year and combine them with his rebounding numbers from another. So if you use a guy that scored 18 points one year, and you deem that his best year, then he carries with him all of the other stats from that same year.

I happened to notice one guy, when posting his team, did the honorable thing and posted a players 2nd best year for PPG Because his rebounding numbers were higher that year. So he took the year where the overall stats were better but the PPG were not the players best.

we’ve seen guys posting stats from players from their time at other schools. I wouldn’t be surprised to see guys manipulating other stats too and trying to pass them off. :)
Just figured I’d ask: can I use Ontario Lett’s stats from the Iranian Super League where he put up 15 points and 7 boards a night?

Ryan would’ve been a great complimentary player on a very talented team , but if he was the man he’d have struggled to keep his numbers up in ACC competition .

Every Pitt player in the history of Pitt bb player would’ve benefited by having Charles Smith as a teammate !

Ryan would’ve benefited more if he had played alongside a Blair or Clancy than with CS . Jerome was the perfect PF for CS .

1.9 blocks per game on a 14.3% block percentage though which is pretty useful.
I think I saw that he had some kind of absurd rebounding percentage, too - north of 20%.

That said, if you’re looking to build a team on culture, not sure if he’s the guy I’d go with. But if you’re willing to put the low usage and only 10 games played in context, the numbers per minute look pretty good.

I think I saw that he had some kind of absurd rebounding percentage, too - north of 20%.

That said, if you’re looking to build a team on culture, not sure if he’s the guy I’d go with. But if you’re willing to put the low usage and only 10 games played in context, the numbers per minute look pretty good.

16.9 OR% and 26.4 DR% so those are top 20 in the nation numbers and top 5 P6 numbers over a full season. Which, naturally, you should not extrapolate.

His shot blocking was college ready when he got here. All other parts of his game ... not so much.

The funny thing about Birch is how poorly his shot blocking translated into the pros. He just never acquired the discipline necessary to progress that skill and relied purely on his physical gifts at UNLV and now in the NBA he's a...fine-ish defender when he should be much better.

Do you mean his 4.4 ppg and 5.0 rpg?

No, I mean he was the third guy who got picked who played less than half a season in the season that the person who picked him is theoretically using. Birch and Luther played 10 games, Demetris played 14 (out of 29).

No, I mean he was the third guy who got picked who played less than half a season in the season that the person who picked him is theoretically using. Birch and Luther played 10 games, Demetris played 14 (out of 29).
Gotcha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT