ADVERTISEMENT

Papa Kante Narrative

LOL. Yeah, I'm sorry that the information on Kante has changed, as of course would his progression, playing time and long term potential with a torn ACL and I don't believe he can be counted on to unseat a 2 year starter at Center now. I should definitely just bury my head in the sand like you and him and use no new information to formulate opinions.

You guys probably drive in your cars with masks on.
I have no dog in this fight, but what has significantly changed if you're comparing Kante 2024 to Kante 2023?

Yeah, we know he tore an ACL, but he will be playing this summer and should be fine by fall. He's already doing shoot around with the team. Nothing at center has changed all that much either. Seems pretty equal situation to me.

I have no dog in this fight, but what has significantly changed if you're comparing Kante 2024 to Kante 2023?

Yeah, we know he tore an ACL, but he will be playing this summer and should be fine by fall. He's already doing shoot around with the team. Nothing at center has changed all that much either. Seems pretty equal situation to me.

Regarding ACL tears,

Everyone heals differently and obviously how bad the tear was is important. There are 3 different grades of tears and Kante was probably between a 2 and 3 and maybe a full 3.

Regarding Kante, because he is a big with more body weight, it probably will take a little more time to heal fully. However, he was injured at the beginning of September of last year. And next season in November it will be 14 months to recover from his injury which "should" be more than enough time. The fact that he is on the court moving now 8 months in advance is obviously great news to be encouraged about. He can still be doing strength training of other muscles while his leg heals.

The best example I can think of in regard to Kante at the college level was Dennis Smith Jr in regards to the timing of the injury. Smith tore his acl in mid August, Kante tore his at the start of September. Smith came back the following season and scored over 18 points per game at NC State and was drafted 9th in the NBA draft. So not only did Smith make a full recovery in a years time, he also dominated in the ACC before going to the NBA. We are only talking about a 3 week difference in terms of when the 2 players tore their ACL. Now Smith was a guard, so that probably helps with less body weight. But I still think Kante will be more than ready for the first game next year and his conditioning should be fine. As Ive said many times, he is a workhorse that just outworks people. He'll put the effort in to get back on the floor.

That was what I was trying to figure out. In May (well before the injury) he said he was going to be our best big man this year and now he is saying he would have played five minutes in ACC play had he stayed healthy. Massive flip flop.

Last edited:
He seems to have a bigger frame than the twins to me.

That's because he does. These 3 photos were within the last few weeks. Anyone that belongs to a gym can see his arms, shoulders, traps and chest are significantly bigger than Guillermo in these pictures. You can also see that he is substantially thicker than Marlon Barnes for example. He's listed at 235lbs on the Pitt website, and that looks accurate.

Reactions: Millerton24
We are talking about juco basketball.

And Yea, they absolutely would.

And Cooper Flagg would win player of the year. Easily. Cooper Flagg at 16 years old would have been the JUCO player of the year. Easily. Cooper Flagg is going to be the runaway favorite for ACC player of the year next year.

These are the same type of players going to Duke and Kentucky. They would out talent juco without even blinking.

Although then again, you questioned how good Dior was. And he is embarrassing the rest of juco basketball.
LOL. you are a silly little man. They absolutely would not win a league like the WAC or beat McNeese State. If you seriously think that, all of your 2020 recruiting predictions make sense. The year of weight training and elite coaching make all the difference in the world. Anyone with a working brain would know that.

FWIW, I've watched JUCO nationals and Peach Jam finals. While Peach Jam finals are cooler, they would get smoked by the Indian Hills of the world. And we held Chris Payton in open gyms where he tortured a wing that played for Team Takeover while he was awaiting the portal. AAU basketball is not real basketball.

He's averaging 13 and 10 for D2 Augusta. Dont tell me he couldnt get time for St. Francis.
Augusta is better than St. Francis and a nicer place to live. And Dip Metress is a HELLUVA coach. If he wasn't an absolute nut, he would've been a really good MM coach. Cannot get out of his own way.

Augusta is better than St. Francis and a nicer place to live. And Dip Metress is a HELLUVA coach. If he wasn't an absolute nut, he would've been a really good MM coach. Cannot get out of his own way.

There's a number of D2 teams that are better than the bottom 100ish D1 teams so Augusta might be better than St. Francis. Honestly, with those numbers at good D2, he could probably be a valuable player at the lower mid-major level (Horizon/RMU), possibly a starter. And probably a valuable reserve at the upper mid-majors (MAC, CAA, etc).

Here's are low post answer for next year. NIL!!!!!!

430178121_944046013743842_7574290076167609657_n.jpg

He looks like a beast sitting on the bench tonight. I can’t wait to see a center with some weight and not the string beans skinny centers that we are currently playing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT