ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Recruiting Thread and Roster building

Syracuse has lost 3 and still counting. Benny Williams is gone and Mintz has 1 and 1/2 feet out the door.
Always figured Syracuse would go south fast after Boeheim was gone. This might be the beginning.

This is why I don’t follow portal recruiting. Between this kid and the Pepperdine kid, the tampering is insane. The sport is irrevocably broken until they figure out NIL and transfers
I love it. Chaos is king.

What I find Ironic. Not that I would even give a shit, but go back and look all the posters complaining about players being stuck at a school, players needing paid. Well you boys got your wish.

It’s the same ones who are crying and bitching about the system is broken.

Wild Wild West was a great time in History. Sit back and enjoy and have a beer.

I love it. Chaos is king.

What I find Ironic. Not that I would even give a shit, but go back and look all the posters complaining about players being stuck at a school, players needing paid. Well you boys got your wish.

It’s the same ones who are crying and bitching about the system is broken.

Wild Wild West was a great time in History. Sit back and enjoy and have a beer.
I agree Phillip. It’s the Wild West. I have no complaints with them getting paid. The portal is absurd. Bama lands a play 1 hour after he’s in from Pepperdine, let’s do the geography there….

But I was told staffs of 9 guys couldn’t prepare for a game and recruit?

This is why I don’t follow portal recruiting. Between this kid and the Pepperdine kid, the tampering is insane. The sport is irrevocably broken until they figure out NIL and transfers

They need to be employees with contracts. Sign a player out of HS to a 4 year contract with a $0 buyout if he declares for the NBA. If the player outperforms his contract and wants more money elsewhere, the new team can buyout his contract if it wants.

I edited it, it was supposed to read 3 ships to match what you said.

Following up on my thread earlier.

Copeland is now in the transfer portal like I heard earlier, its now official. Syracuse is in the process of losing half its roster.

The Capels are watching Meleek Thomas and Brandin Cummings in the state semifinals. Cummings is on pace for 40 points tonight (hes already got 30) and Lincoln is dominating led by Cummings. They are going to move onto the state championship game next for a chance at back to back state championships.
Copeland is in the portal but no reports of our recruitment so what you have is just you projecting what you want. When in reality we are recruiting low d1 school prospects.
Your world is a weird one where next year is always the one we have been waiting for.
We arent getting a syracuse transfer..... nothing suggests we will or have

Copeland is in the portal but no reports of our recruitment so what you have is just you projecting what you want. When in reality we are recruiting low d1 school prospects.
Your world is a weird one where next year is always the one we have been waiting for.
He wants a portal recruiting thread then talks about Meleek Thomas who we are currently running 3rd for. His whole schtick is weird

Reactions: caleco's
OP listed seven players and two were from mid-majors. I'm still not following your logic.
We arent actively recruiting those guys those are just him projecting. Then he claims in history we have tons of p6 tranfers and we dont we have a dozen scrub school transfers. There is no reality in what he is saying

What a strange post.

1) Where did I say Pitt would reach out to Copeland? Answer. I never did. I simply said he was likely going into the portal before anybody else did. I said in my personal viewpoint its someone we may have interest in and nothing more. Reread it.

2) Go see Papa Kante last year and read my old posts. Because I was the ONLY person that said Pitt was going after Kante hard and we were in a good spot to get him but all you guys didnt want to believe me and wanted a twitter source to back it up. The best part about it? Andrew Slater put a tweet out and left Pitt off his list. And some people tried to call me out on it before he committed. One word, oops. I got it right.

What a strange post.

1) Where did I say Pitt would reach out to Copeland? Answer. I never did. I simply said he was likely going into the portal before anybody else did. I said in my personal viewpoint its someone we may have interest in and nothing more. Reread it.

2) Go see Papa Kante last year and read my old posts. Because I was the ONLY person that said Pitt was going after Kante hard and we were in a good spot to get him but all you guys didnt want to believe me and wanted a twitter source to back it up. The best part about it? Andrew Slater put a tweet out and left Pitt off his list. And some people tried to call me out on it before he committed. One word, oops. I got it right.
These guys like to make crap up.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
Here's what is crazy, Bballinsider and Vader are two sides of the same coin, imo.

Vader was clearly right on his predictions for Lowe and Carrington, as well as Kante.

I can 100% vouch Bballinsider is correct that HCJC doesn't like Dambrot.

Yet you both seem too stubborn to realize you both have good info.

Get over it, gentlemen

Here's what is crazy, Bballinsider and Vader are two sides of the same coin, imo.

Vader was clearly right on his predictions for Lowe and Carrington, as well as Kante.

Get over it, gentlemen

Fair enough.

I dont need recognition for any information I provide. I just dont understand why some things I write gets taken way out of context or somehow twisted around.

Reactions: buckage

Get over it, gentlemen
He gets some info right, but if you mean correct on player evaluations go look at his 2020 class predictions and others. It’s downright embarrassing.

He has some good info every once in a while but he gets way too caught up in recruiting which is fluid and oversaturated plus advanced stats so it’s easy to dig on him.

I have some good info every once in a while and if it’s negative for Pitt or JC it is IMPERATIVE the white knights come out in defense of Pitt and Jc

Even
He gets some info right, but if you mean correct on player evaluations go look at his 2020 class predictions and others. It’s downright embarrassing.

He has some good info every once in a while but he gets way too caught up in recruiting which is fluid and oversaturated plus advanced stats so it’s easy to dig on him.

I have some good info every once in a while and if it’s negative for Pitt or JC it is IMPERATIVE the white knights come out in defense of Pitt and Jc
Even the best talent evaluators miss. I'm not saying he's among best. I am saying he's one of the better on here. It's enjoyable to read, imo.

As for white knights, every fanbase has them. I ignore and move on. Post what you know and let chips fall.

Serious question and lose your stupor for just a moment.

Is Tony Bennett retiring? I heard it was coming within the next few years because he hates NIL like Jay Wright and others that hung it up. I saw one big player mention it could happen this offseason. I have zero inside information in regard to this.

Im only bringing this up here because that sways the decision of Derek Dixon heavily to Pitt to almost lock status.

Reactions: buckage
Even

Even the best talent evaluators miss. I'm not saying he's among best. I am saying he's one of the better on here. It's enjoyable to read, imo.

As for white knights, every fanbase has them. I ignore and move on. Post what you know and let chips fall.

Correct.

People also get angry because, there are plenty of guys I pumped early on like RJ Davis that were once 3 stars that were lightly recruited. Davis missed most of the EYBL his sophomore season so no one knew about him.

The issue is, people forget about these players yearly because Pitt didn't get them. See Jalil Bethea, Thomas Sorber, Austin Swartz, and a bunch of others that blew up and I called it way, way, way before anyone had them highly ranked with big offer sheets.

Ive been on the Derek Dixon train for a year now.

Get over it, gentlemen
So you saying that Dambrot lied to the press? My info comes directly from his quote. I have no idea where yours comes from or if it is credible.

Furthermore, when BBallinsider claims that Pitt never offered to play Duquesne because Capel hates Dambrot but Lyke issues a statement that she sent a proposal to Duquesne to play, his credibility on the whole topic goes to crap.

Your information seems to be all opinion and no facts.

I'm saying HCJC doesn't like Dambrot. That's what I'm saying because that's what I know.
I'm saying that I don't accept internet chatter from a rando over a direct quote from one of the principles.

I'm saying HCJC doesn't like Dambrot. That's what I'm saying because that's what I know.
I don't follow the Dambrot/Capel personal situation (do they like each other or not). All I know is - using a football comparison - Pitt and Duquesne should play each other, just as Pitt and WVU and/or PSU should play each other, year in and year out. The "City Game" here should be analogous to what UC and Xavier have. Sure, there are going to be years where the games are not as competitive but play them anyway. On campus. Home and home.

I don't follow the Dambrot/Capel personal situation (do they like each other or not). All I know is - using a football comparison - Pitt and Duquesne should play each other, just as Pitt and WVU and/or PSU should play each other, year in and year out. The "City Game" here should be analogous to what UC and Xavier have. Sure, there are going to be years where the games are not as competitive but play them anyway. On campus. Home and home.
I couldn't agree more

Serious question and lose your stupor for just a moment.

Is Tony Bennett retiring? I heard it was coming within the next few years because he hates NIL like Jay Wright and others that hung it up. I saw one big player mention it could happen this offseason. I have zero inside information in regard to this.

Im only bringing this up here because that sways the decision of Derek Dixon heavily to Pitt to almost lock status.
stupor? I am always level headed during the week.

I haven't spoken to Tony Bennett in 3 years and I rarely talk to his top lieutenants anymore so I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
Beagle > Fede? Would he pair well with GDG at the 4? I think so.

The center recruiting in general has been pretty tight lipped. And I dont think it should be that hard to upgrade Fede.

Who we target in the next few weeks in the portal will be telling. Because if we are not going after centers pretty hard, then there has to be a major confidence in Papa Kante next year. Everyone saw the issue here with Fede this year.

Even the recruitment of Matt Gilhool has been quiet. He's a top 75 4 star pf / center in 2025 and I was told we were in his Top 5 a few weeks back which was to a degree somewhat surprising to me. He did visit here and made multiple stops to Syracuse, but there isn't much information right now.

The guy I want is Ben Ahmed, Amdy Ndiaye's teammate. He is going to be an absolute load at the college level at center and I have not seen or heard we have reached out to him yet. Perhaps we have, but this is currently a 2026 kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT