ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford Update?

Sad to say his bigger mistake might have been committing to a school that is too honest.
Absolutely Not! Accountability! The problem is these athletes are often allowed to take short cuts at other schools, but eventually it catches up to them. Look at how many athletes end up broke or do not have the skill set to do well after their football career.

Not sure but we are pitt so we are due for at least 2 more pieces of terrible news or it wouldn't be an off season for us. Tipton was bad but we are pitt so we need at least a few more arrests or some other pieces of bad news before I feel comfortable.

Well, Taleni, Bookser, Ford, Tipton.....

Isnt it a sliding scale? His GPA is whatever. His SAT score is whatever. He cant raise his SAT at this point but if he retakes a few HS classes and turns C's or D's into A's, couldn't he get eligible that way?

Well, Taleni, Bookser, Ford, Tipton.....
yeah, 2 are out for season in early July, one is out for 1 game (hopefully) and we haven't even gotten into summer camp where we seem to get one of the obligatory season ending knee injuries..

Sorry, this annual bad luck is NOT normal around college football..

Last edited:
Isnt it a sliding scale? His GPA is whatever. His SAT score is whatever. He cant raise his SAT at this point but if he retakes a few HS classes and turns C's or D's into A's, couldn't he get eligible that way?
He can only make up one class, so the days are gone where the dumb jock suddenly gets 4 A's in the summer after his SR year to clear out 4 Ds and move him way up the (or down depending how you look at it) sliding scale and become eligible.

And, there is the same one makeup class rule for prep school, so, really, if he goes to prep school, it is just to play football and prepare for the ACT/SAT.

Absolutely Not! Accountability! The problem is these athletes are often allowed to take short cuts at other schools, but eventually it catches up to them. Look at how many athletes end up broke or do not have the skill set to do well after their football career.

Does Pitt have anything to do with the process?

Does Pitt have anything to do with the process?
Pitt had nothing to do with him transferring high schools. He started out at CC, then went to Seton LaSalle, and finished out at SV. He fell behind, and now is playing catch up. Hopefully he gets qualified.

Last edited:
yeah, 2 are out for season in early July, one is out for 1 game (hopefully) and we haven't even gotten into summer camp where we seem to get one of the obligatory season ending knee injuries..

Follow an SEC team. I used to live in Atlanta and had a bunch of SEC buddies. They always had issues pop up every year.

Their schools all took "chances" but many times they backfired.

Bump...so basically no one knows anything except for the people that know something, and they are not talking?!

Reactions: Swervin27

It's pretty average stuff around D1 really. It's just that the stronger programs have enough quality depth and talent to minimize the impact of this kind of stuff. Pitt is not in that position. To lose a Bookser or the top incoming freshman hurts in a tangible way. Last year with Hill and Gilbert lost to heart conditions, now that was an anomaly.

I will admit, it seems Pitt always seems to have more of these kinds of problems with the most important players as opposed to the depth guys.

I'd guess that Pitt has done, and will do, everything that they can legally do to get him to meet the eligibility requirements. But sometimes the hole is dug so deep that there's no easy way to climb out.
For some reason I feel like they will find a way to make it work because Narduzzi knows how badly he needs Paris on the field this fall.

It's pretty average stuff around D1 really. It's just that the stronger programs have enough quality depth and talent to minimize the impact of this kind of stuff. Pitt is not in that position. To lose a Bookser or the top incoming freshman hurts in a tangible way. Last year with Hill and Gilbert lost to heart conditions, now that was an anomaly.

I will admit, it seems Pitt always seems to have more of these kinds of problems with the most important players as opposed to the depth guys.
Agreed other programs might have such situations but have such wealth of riches that its barely a speed bump. Foster in bama as an example.

But rarely hear its a problem to clear anyone academically and there is no way a Bama or Louisville (just to name two that get a lot of accusations for ... ahem... academic indifference) are attracting nothing but intelligent and accountable recruits (who also just happen to be 4 and 5 star athletes as well). Interventions (I believe Dr. Barbay referred to them as "bribes, kickbacks, and mafia payoffs" in Back To School) have to be occurring in such places that Pitt won't touch.

Bump...so basically no one knows anything except for the people that know something, and they are not talking?!
Pretty much... the only possible clue of optimism that he may still have a shot at playing this year is that he re-tweeted a comment from a PSU alum 2 days ago stating they were looking forward to seeing him in Happy Valley in Sept.

Agreed. I imagine that is what he was doing. My point was with the poster saying "the exam" and not "a class" which seems to indicate they think he is taking the SAT/ACT again.

Ummm... who.said it was sat or act? You need a combination of GPA and scores you need a Combo score according to ncaa.org

It's private and it's personal. What about that confuses some of you? My god, you think everyone runs to a public message board to spill the beans. Just 2 weeks ago I had a long conversation with the parents of a Pitt player who shed light on many things. I didn't post them here if you noticed, nor on the pay board out of respect for their privacy.

Sometimes you get information, you process it and then you move on.

The days of sneaking kids in with questionable grades is over with current NCAA rules. You either qualify or you don't and the school has zero to do with it unless they have higher standards than the NCAA (Stanford). This is why so many Southern schools over recruit knowing that many will never qualify and go JUCO.

Reactions: Jpripper88
It's private and it's personal. What about that confuses some of you? My god, you think everyone runs to a public message board to spill the beans. Just 2 weeks ago I had a long conversation with the parents of a Pitt player who shed light on many things. I didn't post them here if you noticed, nor on the pay board out of respect for their privacy.

Yeah, but what if I want to know? You selfish jerk.

Recruits, you need to step up and spill the beans regarding the inside Pitt football info you have obtained. This is a Pitt football Board. We trade info with each other. Besides your info will be kept confidential and restricted to Board members only. Time to get off your "high" horse.

Reactions: Swervin27
You guys have ruined the thread and it is officially off course. In an attempt to bring this back to its original intention I will say that Paris is studying hard and we will know soon.

And then you tell Bobfree the info you learned.

That's the protocol.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT