ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford Update?

HOF, thanks for posting that. This is VERY good news.
It's not news. It's a coach making an ambiguous public statement about the eligibility of a star recruit. It doesn't mean anything. It might mean that Dooz is optimistic that Ford will still qualify, but that it hasn't haooened yet. We will just have to see if Ford is on the field in the fall. As of right now it appears that there is a real question about that and Dooz's answer to that question only muddies that water further.

It's not news. It's a coach making an ambiguous public statement about the eligibility of a star recruit. It doesn't mean anything. It might mean that Dooz is optimistic that Ford will still qualify, but that it hasn't haooened yet. We will just have to see if Ford is on the field in the fall. As of right now it appears that there is a real question about that and Dooz's answer to that question only muddies that water further.
There is nothing to lose by duzz supporting ford

Reactions: pittdan77
I disagree. Usually our HC says nothing about a lot of things. He was asked a direct question and he gave an answer. He could have easily answered with no comment or by saying something along the lines of time will tell or we'll have to let the process play out. He didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a lock that Ford will play this year. But to be honest, I do feel better about the situation after reading PN's comment.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
There is nothing to lose by duzz supporting ford
I agree with you. My only point was that Dooz's response to that question was not in any way definitive about Ford's eligibility to play for Pitt this fall. Only a slappy would interpret the answer and context that way. We will know for sure in less than a month.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I disagree. Usually our HC says nothing about a lot of things. He was asked a direct question and he gave an answer. He could have easily answered with no comment or by saying something along the lines of time will tell or we'll have to let the process play out. He didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a lock that Ford will play this year. But to be honest, I do feel better about the situation after reading PN's comment.
If the question had been "will Paris Ford be on the field this fall" the meaning of Dooz's answer would be different. However, the question was whether Dooz "expects" Ford to be eligible. I'm sure the ambiguity in the question was not accidental.

Reactions: Jpripper88
It's definitely not a guarantee, but obviously narduzzi has much, much more inside information on the situation. All I take from it is that he knows the work Paris has been putting into his academics this summer and coach narduzzi feels confident he will do enough to become eligible.

Never Forget...

lamont_zps1oanibpz.png~original

The good thing is that Ford must be in a situation where he has a course he can drastically change his grade and get eligible. Frankly, I hope he has folks involved who are making it so he clearly gets the grade needed. In all honesty, if a kid can't get an A in one high school course when his college career depends on it and he has all the support possible, he probably isn't going to make it, even if he ever does get eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77
The good thing is that Ford must be in a situation where he has a course he can drastically change his grade and get eligible. Frankly, I hope he has folks involved who are making it so he clearly gets the grade needed. In all honesty, if a kid can't get an A in one high school course when his college career depends on it and he has all the support possible, he probably isn't going to make it even if he ever does get eligible.

Took three pages to get there but this sums it up.

Never Forget...

lamont_zps1oanibpz.png~original
Yeah I know Wade is a kid, but that rubbed me the wrong way. He's a cocky little f*cker and I hope our guys take him out.

OK don't come to Pitt because you think you're too big time, but don't be such a punk-a$$ disrespectful clown to flex on the Script like you are all that.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Yeah I know Wade is a kid, but that rubbed me the wrong way. He's a cocky little f*cker and I hope our guys take him out.

OK don't come to Pitt because you think you're too big time, but don't be such a punk-a$$ disrespectful clown to flex on the Script like you are all that.

The lollipop gild

Ford just might be good to go. Awesome news if true. When the story broke, Ford called it "garbage". When Narduzzi was asked about Ford, Narduzzi replied he expected ford to play this season. It's possible they were both right!

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Ford just might be good to go. Awesome news if true. When the story broke, Ford called it "garbage". When Narduzzi was asked about Ford, Narduzzi replied he expected ford to play this season. It's possible they were both right!

I think since he changed high schools, some credits didn't transfer. He is taking some classes to get the credits to be good to go.

I think since he changed high schools, some credits didn't transfer. He is taking some classes to get the credits to be good to go.
You mean Intro to Flash Cards, Flash Cards 101, and Intro to See Spot Run.
Its unreal what PITT fans have to deal with!

ADVERTISEMENT