ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Signal

Thinking it's Green. Partridge just put out #L1TS8URGH on Twitter and he normally doesn't do that for other recruits. Assuming he did it because he just got a new D-Lineman.

Scratch that, it's not Green. Just announced he'll be deciding tomorrow at 1:30. No idea who this could be then. Asamoah?

If you want to get into it I'm pretty sure he sent in a pay signal the day before our new commit if I'm not mistaken?

Yes. I think you are correct. The name of the commit is just held clise until the kid can officially announce himself.

I feel pretty confident that Narduzzi knows what he's doing when he sends out these tweets. I'm sure he asks them for permission.
Curious that he sends out these pre-announcement tweets, yet kept the fact that Paris Ford was cleared by the NCAA secret for a couple of days. At least that is the way I read his comments announcing that Ford was with the team.

Curious that he sends out these pre-announcement tweets, yet kept the fact that Paris Ford was cleared by the NCAA secret for a couple of days. At least that is the way I read his comments announcing that Ford was with the team.
Well he doesn't always do this, so I have to think there is some method to the madness.

It got some people talking when they normally wouldn't, and built a bit of drama. It's the entertainment business.

It's similar to the Espn "controversy" over the Lee announcer. People may think they're sticking it to ESPN the past day but it was a masterful stroke on their part. They actually got nationwide interest and anticipation drummed up for two of the most mundane, crappy college games on the first week schedule. The only surprise Is not letting it leak a little closer to the actual game, this is a bit early. But someone there should get a fat raise.

Hell, even Tim Benz classless comments about JC succeeded in his and his boss' (if he actually has a real job with an actual station, which is unclear to me) objective, to get someone, anyone, talking about him. Who the hell has thought a freaking second about Tim freaking Benz in, well, forever? Mission accomplished.

It got some people talking when they normally wouldn't, and built a bit of drama. It's the entertainment business.

It's similar to the Espn "controversy" over the Lee announcer. People may think they're sticking it to ESPN the past day but it was a masterful stroke on their part. They actually got nationwide interest and anticipation drummed up for two of the most mundane, crappy college games on the first week schedule. The only surprise Is not letting it leak a little closer to the actual game, this is a bit early. But someone there should get a fat raise.

Hell, even Tim Benz classless comments about JC succeeded in his and his boss' (if he actually has a real job with an actual station, which is unclear to me) objective, to get someone, anyone, talking about him. Who the hell has thought a freaking second about Tim freaking Benz in, well, forever? Mission accomplished.

Huge difference. ESPN has a history and can keep people entertained....Benz has been and always will be a big loser. All he got was 5 seconds of fame and now he's back to being a nobody. It's not hard to cause a stir and get attention, it's what you do with it after that makes an impression on your boss.

If Raines has a press conference and picks us. Let me know when narduzzi sends out a signal the day before raines presser. because we will know the presser date in advance.

yesterdays signal may have been the kid from florida.

He does all the time lol

Last edited:

There will be zero interest in those games, it was far from a masterful stroke.

If you think more people are going to stream those games, you're nuts

He sends one out when the kid tells him he is coming. Has nothing to do with when the kid finally goes public. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?
No one is disagreeing with that. People in this thread said he doesn't send out signal day before the announcement, which is wrong.

No biggie though, it's all in good fun. Some of us are over anxious, that's all.

There will be zero interest in those games, it was far from a masterful stroke.

If you think more people are going to stream those games, you're nuts
If even some will, it's a win. But at a minimum, it got more people watching SportsCenter that night. It also had an arch-enemy (Fox) mentioning them all day on its programming and web sites.

I don't believe it started out as a conceived strategy, it was more of a coincidence and likely originated with some internal snowflake who earnestly was nauseous when he or she saw the name. But they ended up gaining from it.

Yeah, I don't think that worked well for ESPN. Doubtful even double digit more people watch those games because of the announcer screw up. More likely they lose viewers because of this continual BS.

If even some will, it's a win. But at a minimum, it got more people watching SportsCenter that night. It also had an arch-enemy (Fox) mentioning them all day on its programming and web sites.

I don't believe it started out as a conceived strategy, it was more of a coincidence and likely originated with some internal snowflake who earnestly was nauseous when he or she saw the name. But they ended up gaining from it.
Definitely not. You think more people watched Sportscenter because of that? Less people watched and stopped for good.

They most definitely haven't "gained" at all.

ESPN insulted those who are legitimately protesting by suggesting they are stupid enough to get upset by a game announcer's name at a college football game.

The ESPN decision implies that those protestors lack the critical thinking skills of an eight year old, and that ESPN had to protect them from themselves by reassigning the announcer. Insulting.

ESPN insulted those who are legitimately protesting by suggesting they are stupid enough to get upset by a game announcer's name at a college football game.

The ESPN decision implies that those protestors lack the critical thinking skills of an eight year old, and that ESPN had to protect them from themselves by reassigning the announcer. Insulting.
Indeed. And history shows that insulted parties TUNE IN (or read, listen, etc.) MORE, not less, to entities that insult them!

No doubt how it went down is that word got out (and was perpetuated) by those who dislike ESPN for whatever reason (politics, hate the big teams they favor, just dislike the BMOC, etc.) ... and tuned into SportsCenter to see how or if ESPN would address it.

Similar to how prudes who hate Howard Stern would listen rapturously to hear "how he would offend them" etc. ... or bigots who would watch "All In The Family" because they DIDN'T like how Archie Bunker was portrayed ... or snowflakes who follow Trump like moths to a light today.

I liken it to when the conservatory features that giant plant that opens up and belches out a hideous odor every 17 years or such ... and it draws rabid crowds. Humans are weirdos.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT