ADVERTISEMENT

Patti

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017

Hope he does really well 1.) because it’s gives us a better chance to win and 2.) he seems like a good guy who is liked and respected by teammates and coaches.

He doesn’t have the arm strength of KP but we don’t need him to be KP vs the poor Mich at pass D. Just protect the ball and run the O that he knows very well from the past 3 years.

Patti does not have the downfield arm that Pickett has so I expect throws to the TEs & RBs with screens mixed in. Patti has good feet in the pocket and he keeps his eyes on the receivers so he should be fine. Would not be surprised to see Beville in for a few series. Should be fun!

Patti does not have the downfield arm that Pickett has so I expect throws to the TEs & RBs with screens mixed in. Patti has good feet in the pocket and he keeps his eyes on the receivers so he should be fine. Would not be surprised to see Beville in for a few series. Should be fun!
Yep that’s all I was stating is that we prob won’t go downfield as much. All I care is that we score 1 more point than MSU.

Yep that’s all I was stating is that we prob won’t go downfield as much. All I care is that we score 1 more point than MSU.
A season in review the defense really showed up. Imho the defense won the Clemson, UVa, UNC, and Wake game.

Reactions: pittdan77
I don’t get the “not strong arm” comments.

The spring game TD to Lucas showed a pretty strong arm to me.

2:30 mark

That wasn’t exactly a bomb down filed. No one is saying his arm is weak but KP has a much bigger arm and can make every throw from the really deep ball to the deep sideline out from the opposite hash. The difference this year for KP was he was super accurate on the deep ball when he wasn’t in the past. Therefore our O got many quick strike big play TD’s. A lot less pressure when you can get easy deep scoring plays instead of long drives.

Because of his arm their is no NFL throw KP can’t make and besides improved accuracy it’s a big reason he will be a first round pick.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
That wasn’t exactly a bomb down filed. No one is saying his arm is weak but KP has a much bigger arm and can make every throw from the really deep ball to the deep sideline out from the opposite hash. The difference this year for KP was he was super accurate on the deep ball when he wasn’t in the past. Therefore our O got many quick strike big play TD’s. A lot less pressure when you can get easy deep scoring plays instead of long drives.

Because of his arm their is no NFL throw KP can’t make and besides improved accuracy it’s a big reason he will be a first round pick.
3.5 yards and a cloud of dust

I get what you’re saying about Kenny’s ability this year, but my point is that I haven’t seen an indication that Nick can’t throw it deep. The pass from the spring game was c. 40 yards without being able to step into the throw.

If Nick’s game is limited, I’d think it would be from a lack of experience rather than a weak arm. The fact that he’s been in plenty of film sessions with Kenny and Whipple, I’m hoping he’s ahead of the learning curve from an experience standpoint.

I get what you’re saying about Kenny’s ability this year, but my point is that I haven’t seen an indication that Nick can’t throw it deep. The pass from the spring game was c. 40 yards without being able to step into the throw.

If Nick’s game is limited, I’d think it would be from a lack of experience rather than a weak arm. The fact that he’s been in plenty of film sessions with Kenny and Whipple, I’m hoping he’s ahead of the learning curve from an experience standpoint.
Salem said he’s been living in the film room so that’s good to hear. This is the right pass D to go against for his first start of the year. I think he will be prepared and do fine.

Salem said he’s been living in the film room so that’s good to hear. This is the right pass D to go against for his first start of the year. I think he will be prepared and do fine.
Really a perfect situation all around for Patti. The OL should be back healthy, he’s had plenty of time to prepare, he has the weapons, Salem will likely call more runs than Whip, MSUs poor pass D(as mentioned). I’m expecting Patti to play well. That’s a relative term but I expect him to be solid, take care of the ball and give Pitt a chance.

Really a perfect situation all around for Patti. The OL should be back healthy, he’s had plenty of time to prepare, he has the weapons, Salem will likely call more runs than Whip, MSUs poor pass D(as mentioned). I’m expecting Patti to play well. That’s a relative term but I expect him to be solid, take care of the ball and give Pitt a chance.
Yes an excellent all around situation for Patti due to all you said. I know everyone hates the WR screens but as mentioned earlier in the thread I like the idea of screens to Gavin and short passes to the RB’s to start the game. Getting a few early easy completions for positive yards can do wonders for a QB without much game experience.

I don’t think they will open it up much the first series or even first quarter. That’s a lot of pressure for Patti even if he has been in the system for a few years. But for sure I am interested to see what he can do. He does have some wheels to scramble a bit. We may see that early on if he has happy feet due to nerves or what the MSU defense will be showing him. I think the MSU defense will try to shut down the run first but double team Addison and make Patti beat them in the air with other targets. With Whipple and KP gone I think they don’t believe Pitt can air it out.

Reactions: USN_Panther
FRIDAY'S HEADLINE:

"Patti Prolifically Pounds Pat's Previous.Place of Play - Panthers Prevail!"

images

Expect MSU to stack the line, blitz and dare Patti to throw. The best way to mask a bad d backfield is to rattle the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT