ADVERTISEMENT

Pens must do the most difficult but right thing to do and trade Crosby

I wasn't. Jarry was not good but to put all the blame on his shoulders is lazy and sophomoric analysis.....you know... like yours
I agree. Is it hard for everyone to acknowledge the possibility that Jarry is a good, solid goalie who had a bad series? I’m not saying he’s 100% the long term solution, but the number of people ready to send him on his way is astounding.

I agree. Is it hard for everyone to acknowledge the possibility that Jarry is a good, solid goalie who had a bad series? I’m not saying he’s 100% the long term solution, but the number of people ready to send him on his way is astounding.
Possible yes, very likely no way.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
The Pens had a boatload of careless turnovers that led to odd man rushes where Jarry was on his own. Would have been nice for him to come up big more often but his teammates left him on an island too many times

Letang needs to go. I know he’s a great offensive defenseman don’t get me wrong but it seems like every time their opponent scores he’s around the play. Granted, I’ve seen him make some outstanding defensive plays but I feel this late in his career he’s logging too much ice time. Curious what his +/- is. I like Letang but I think its time to move him.

If you don’t watch hockey I can give you some better sources of info than this guy’s post.
Another senseless post from Sean Miller fan 6000 ?
Glad I have him on ignore .

Last edited:
The puzzling thing is he played well last year in Game 4 against Montreal with the Pens facing elimination. In fact, he seemed to have played better last year overall. He could bounce back but imagine if he's back with the team next year, the Pens make the playoffs and he's the starter. Will the team have confidence in him?

They've already stated that the core will end their days in PGH. Is that in stone? I guess if someone is stupid enough to make a big offer, the Pens might bite but lets face it, Gino and Letang aren't all-stars anymore and in most roles, they might not even be above average. Crosby would be an outstanding 3rd line center and is still a decent top liner but no longer is a dynamic force. The best play IMO is to keep them all, trade the others with actual worth, trash these next 2-3 seasons and rebuild. Maybe, you could get enough talent to make a run in 3-4 years and Sid might still be a good role player and get a 4th cup.

These guys played hard for a long time. Its a shame they got stuck playing this stupid system their whole career but they made the most of it.
Do you actually watch hockey?

They just arent going to move Crosby. It wont happen. If anything, they might cut ties with Sullivan, and they would have to move quickly on that. Tocchet is out there, but not for very long. Like others have said, many of their high end players have no movement contracts. And who would Malkin really wave that for? He has a home in Miami, but why would the Panthers want him? They have young affordable players! Tampa is over the cap. He will likely retire as a Penguin, and have a victory tour in Russia. I can see them moving on from Jarry, Petterson, but the return will be minimal. Rutherford handicapped this team with some bad contracts, very little in terms of prospects, and even less in draft picks.

The puzzling thing is he played well last year in Game 4 against Montreal with the Pens facing elimination. In fact, he seemed to have played better last year overall. He could bounce back but imagine if he's back with the team next year, the Pens make the playoffs and he's the starter. Will the team have confidence in him?
We've seen this show before ... Fluery plays good and we go far in the playoffs. But there were years where he looked awful during playoffs, and naturally we didn't have a deep run. Same deal with Murray -- when we got good Murray in the playoffs we won cups. But we've also had bad Murray. While it wasn't this year, I'm hoping Jarry has a good playoff run or two in him. The problem might be that the rest of the team is over the hill and doesn't have what it takes to make that run.

Reactions: jrozycki
The new management team is the wild card in the Penguins' deck. They have no loyalty to the Holy Trinity. But of course any shakeup will need to have Mario's blessing.

The Penguins have rolled the dice with the Terrific Trio for years because two Cups wee in the cupboard and the potential for more remained. But like with the Blackhawks and Red Wings, that dance with Father Time is ending badly.

It would be bold to break up the core and send thousands of Gino or LeTang jerseys onto the clearance racks. But I argue that it is necessary. Cast your lot with 87. Crosby isn't going anywhere unless he wants out. Period.

Do what is necessary to land a top goalie and at least one heftier wing for Sid's line. Obtain some guys who have the mettle for postseason play.

I think the Penguins are reluctant to act in any way, shape or form that could be compared to the pennypinching Pirates. Which sounds absurd, because the Pens have a winning mindset that is proven. But fan bases are fickle. I'd wager that the base is wide but shallow, and when the Pens' stars fade so will the crowds. It happened after Lemieux and it could happen again. There is a strong business-side argument to keeping the three cash cows in Penguin colors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT