ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett has nobody to blame but himself.

Attitudes seemed to be at least partially fixed with a QB who could consistently get the ball down the field. Granted a lot of that had to do with Canada as well.
That’s the narrative our wonderful Pittsburgh media gives.
I’ve mentioned before, look at the passing charts. Kenny actually threw more balls 15+ yds and had a better completion rate on the longer passes. However most of those passes were to sidelines With Canada. Mason actually threw more balls at or behind line of scrimmage. Although the media said Kenny checked down too much. The perception of the three 70 yd TDs by Mason were all thrown 10 yds or less.
The biggest issue if you look at the Pre-Canada vs Post- Canada was the lack of the use of the middle of the field. After Canada, and the start of throwing across the middle, moved LBs back and helped the rushing game.
Regardless of QB, Canada was a big problem.
Im not saying Kenny is an AllStar.. I’m saying, We should hold judgement until we have a competent OC.

Week 10 vs Packers with Canada.

Week 12 vs Bengals without Canada

Just for everyone’s review

That INT was on Johnson, not Mason.
It's on the person who called the play, because that's not a throw you ask Mason Rudolph to make. It's an out route on timing, not a comeback.

If that ball is thrown with velocity on a rope, it's a TD all day. Instead we got a throw with an 8-10ft arc. You could've had a cup of coffee and read the paper waiting for that ball to get there.

Don't ask him to make a throw that he can't. Have him throw the fade instead.

Reactions: DruidTM
It's on the person who called the play, because that's not a throw you ask Mason Rudolph to make. It's an out route on timing, not a comeback.

If that ball is thrown with velocity on a rope, it's a TD all day. Instead we got a throw with an 8-10ft arc. You could've had a cup of coffee and read the paper waiting for that ball to get there.

Yes, from a throw the QB could not make (put me in the camp putting the blame on the QB for throwing it too far inside) instead to a very low percentage play.

Honestly though if it’s thrown on a rope that pass gets dropped I bet…

Amiright?

That’s the narrative our wonderful Pittsburgh media gives.
I’ve mentioned before, look at the passing charts. Kenny actually threw more balls 15+ yds and had a better completion rate on the longer passes. However most of those passes were to sidelines With Canada. Mason actually threw more balls at or behind line of scrimmage. Although the media said Kenny checked down too much. The perception of the three 70 yd TDs by Mason were all thrown 10 yds or less.
The biggest issue if you look at the Pre-Canada vs Post- Canada was the lack of the use of the middle of the field. After Canada, and the start of throwing across the middle, moved LBs back and helped the rushing game.
Regardless of QB, Canada was a big problem.
Im not saying Kenny is an AllStar.. I’m saying, We should hold judgement until we have a competent OC.

Thanks for posting this. It saved me a lot of keystrokes.

Listened to an analysis of KP8 from the 33rd Team recently. Basically, their experts have a very high opinion of his play given what he was asked to do with Canada.

In summary, KP looks like professional QB and he is what NFL coaches want at the position. He knows where he's supposed to go with the ball, can get it there with anticipation and doesn't turn the ball over. People seem to forget he's was up to 208 attempts without a turnover after the Bengals game.

The problem is the "system" he was in didn't take advantage of what he does well and talent around him is subpar. It's comical to me that anyone would think Justin Fields with his 41 turnovers in 31 games would somehow be an improvement.

If you aren't familiar with 33rd Team. Here's their experts :

Horse muffins.

Johnson can’t let the defender get between him and the QB. His mistake was doing a fake to the inside and giving up the valuable space that would have kept the defender on Johnson’s back. Diontae Dropson had poor technique on that play

Horse muffins.

Johnson can’t let the defender get between him and the QB. His mistake was doing a fake to the inside and giving up the valuable space that would have kept the defender on Johnson’s back. Diontae Dropson had poor technique on that play
Yep

I’m still surprised at the number of people that choose to overlook the 58 games of the Canada OC ineffectiveness.
Personally, I would like to see Kenny and Madon back with an efficient OC.
To me, fixing the WR attitudes is a priority.
North Carolina fans want to see Mitch Trubisky get a shot with an “efficient OC” too.

Ran across this. Found it interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT