ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Say what you want about his situation with the Stillers, but he's now with a team that runs a productive offensive system with a proven OC, behind decent OL (does the Eagles coach play the best players or does he dick around?), and WRs who aren't diva bitches and will block.

I noticed the Pittsburgh media picked up on a tweet that said KP is "struggling" and would be battling for the #2 spot with a rookie, but seemed to totally ignore when he did well in practice. No surprise from those jabronies.

Philly media are the ones who who 1st mentioned he's struggling in training camp.

They said he is battling for the 3rd QB spot.

We all love Pitt and Pitt players in the NFL, but the fan boy love should get thrown out the window.

If Pickett never was affiliated with the Steelers, this wouldn't be such a hot button topic.

Remember this when the Steelers start to pass on drafting Pitt players...and Pickett wasn't even a homegrown Pitt player, but yet people still die hard over his NFL Skillset

The Steelers are building an offensive line. Having said that, Pickett, Fields, or Wilson will not be the answer for this team. They really need to end Tomlin's meaningless streak and suck badly for a year so they can draft a genuine quarterback talent. This offense would make it tough for any qb to succeed. Think about it: no rb who is a breakaway threat, one legitimate receiver who makes contested catches but rarely gets good separation. A pass catching tightend that can't block, and a run blocking tightend who is never thrown to. If you look across the league, even some of the poorer teams have better offensive talent.

Philly media are the ones who who 1st mentioned he's struggling in training camp.

We all love Pitt and Pitt players in the NFL, but the fan boy love should get thrown out the window.

If Pickett never was affiliated with the Steelers, this wouldn't be such a hot button topic.

Remember this when the Steelers start to pass on drafting Pitt players...and Pickett wasn't even a homegrown Pitt player, but yet people still die hard over his NFL Skillset

Philly media also said he was going well, but to my knowledge the Pittsburgh media didn't pick up on that. Just the negative items.

Philly media also said he was going well, but to my knowledge the Pittsburgh media didn't pick up on that. Just the negative items.
He always looks impressive before the season starts.

He looked flawless last preseason!

I don't really care how he looks...it be the community comments that irritate me.

He did everything he was supposed to for my teams...having said that, I'm supporting the guys at the QB position now.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Can’t wait for Fields and Wilson to completely crash and burn. The Pittsburgh media is making them out to be saviors yet their previous employers couldn’t wait to get rid of them.
Nah, not really. Every report I’ve seen or heard on Fields is the same as it was in Chicago. Makes some jaw dropping good but too many jaw dropping bad plays. High ceiling but just as low of a floor.

As far as Wilson he is nothing more than a cheap lottery ticket and has been covered as such. If he can find some form it’s a win. If not, very little lost.

Rumor has it Hurts and Sirianni may not see eye-to-eye. If Pickett is serviceable the eagles can land a haul by trading Hurts

Reactions: passedout
Nah, not really. Every report I’ve seen or heard on Fields is the same as it was in Chicago. Makes some jaw dropping good but too many jaw dropping bad plays. High ceiling but just as low of a floor.

As far as Wilson he is nothing more than a cheap lottery ticket and has been covered as such. If he can find some form it’s a win. If not, very little lost.
Fields stinks

He’s said to be struggling when behind Philly’s OL backups and is holding onto the ball too long. Sound familiar? He will be fine behind a solid line. If he doesn’t have one, he won’t. That’s just the QB he is right now.

Reactions: HailtoPitt
He looks better than Fields… so far.

I get the whole “he plays well in pre season “ stuff

But what does that say when you don’t look great in preseason? Because it’s not the reverse is guaranteed to be true either.

It’s preseason but the Steelers don’t look good

I’ll watch the Philly-Baltimore replay on NFL network out of curiosity, but it looks like he had an okay night. TD pass to Shipley, the rookie RB from Clemson, but mostly short passes and nothing downfield. Sounds a lot like his time with the Steelers. I’m pulling for KP, but he looks like a back up / spot starter.

But the struggles hit national news because well...it's a better story. If you want to find bias, you can find bias wherever you decide to find it.

One of these is a story that people will read, the other is reporting on platitudes given by a player's new coach.
QB that was traded to be a backup is in fact playing like a competent backup and gets vague moderate praise from new coach.
or
Heisman finalist, first QB taken in draft, and former starter might be demoted to 3rd string on new team against 6th round draft pick you've never heard of.

Do you really think local media would have ignored the story if it was instead...Scorned local QB splitting first team reps against Pro Bowl incumbent in unanticipated QB battle.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
But the struggles hit national news because well...it's a better story. If you want to find bias, you can find bias wherever you decide to find it.

One of these is a story that people will read, the other is reporting on platitudes given by a player's new coach.
QB that was traded to be a backup is in fact playing like a competent backup and gets vague moderate praise from new coach.
or
Heisman finalist, first QB taken in draft, and former starter might be demoted to 3rd string on new team against 6th round draft pick you've never heard of.

Do you really think local media would have ignored the story if it was instead...Scorned local QB splitting first team reps against Pro Bowl incumbent in unanticipated QB battle.

Sometimes it's bias, other time it's true. It's was bias when national news outlets reported ok on Jay Paterno sending Urban Meyer a letter asking for a coaching job... but the PG editor says it "wasn't news worthy".

Pickett played better than the guy who is allegedly battling him for QB2

He had some guys drop balls that would have made his stats much better. So did the other guy (McKee)

Bottom line though it was obvious he hasn't cleansed his mind of all the garbage the Steelers coaches and the abysmal pass protection he got in Pittsburgh put in there yet

89 yards on 14 completions? A 15-play scoring drive?

Seems like the same old Pickett to me. Doesn't get the ball downfield in chunks, and he doesn't put points on the board.

I get that it's the preseason, but that's an all-too-familiar stat line.

Seems like the same old Pickett to me. Doesn't get the ball downfield in chunks, and he doesn't put points on the board.

That is how he played for the Steelers but truthfully he plays exactly how you want a backup to play, with the exception of taking too many sacks.

Which is frankly what fields did too
Except add some fumbles

Yep. I checked the stat line and 4 yards per completion is far too familiar. Until Kenny stops seeing ghosts and the PTSD from Pittsburgh is gone, it will be the same old same old. Put him with a solid 1st team OL , things will change. But until then…

Contrarily the Steeler QBs last night had much better averages. Nice to see this potential change in offensive philosophy and offensive line play here.

Reactions: SteelBowl70

It would be a mistake to ‘pass on drafting Pitt players’. After all, Pitt players have done pretty well in the NFL.

Yep. I checked the stat line and 4 yards per completion is far too familiar. Until Kenny stops seeing ghosts and the PTSD from Pittsburgh is gone, it will be the same old same old. Put him with a solid 1st team OL , things will change. But until then…

Contrarily the Steeler QBs last night had much better averages. Nice to see this potential change in offensive philosophy and offensive line play here.
If Pickett has PTSD from the last 2 years, I can't imagine what Fields has, one sack short of doubling Kenny's woes. So using the same logic, what would you expect from Fields with a competent line in front of him?

I think it was 6.7 yards pee completion or something like it

I saw him drive the offense down the field and then lob a TD. I don't recall seeing Philly's top WRs or RB on the field when that happened. If AJ Brown and Davonta Smith are playing, then Kenny's averages go up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT