ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett

Can’t wait for Fields and Wilson to completely crash and burn. The Pittsburgh media is making them out to be saviors yet their previous employers couldn’t wait to get rid of them.

They are both gonna be a disaster… the Steelers will never be a contender again until they move on from Tomlin.

Yeah - he made Kenny seem like Brady with pocket awareness

Listen - did I think Kenny was the long term solution ? No
But he still had 2 years on a rookie contract .
Now we have Fields and Wilson - neither of who is signed for next year .
What’s the value in having a guy who’s not the answer signed for two more years? Either way you’re still looking for the guy.

Hindsight is 20-20 but at some point you get tired of the BS - Kenny got tired of the Steelers BS.
Here’s what I don’t get. We’ve all had jobs like this where we were lied to. We’ve had jobs where policy, upper management, and technology keep you from meeting performance objectives or goals and upper management ignores issues.

I don’t understand why people think a pro athlete would be different? Are they all just complete simps that take that stuff, don’t complain, and don’t look to move jobs?

Here’s what I don’t get. We’ve all had jobs like this where we were lied to. We’ve had jobs where policy, upper management, and technology keep you from meeting performance objectives or goals and upper management ignores issues.

I don’t understand why people think a pro athlete would be different? Are they all just complete simps that take that stuff, don’t complain, and don’t look to move jobs?
Exactly - if you have an opportunity/leverage to move on and improve your situation - you do that.

Yeah - he made Kenny seem like Brady with pocket awareness

Listen - did I think Kenny was the long term solution ? No
But he still had 2 years on a rookie contract .
Now we have Fields and Wilson - neither of who is signed for next year .
Sounds like a win win for the Steelers. They get out from the KP situation - one that wasn't going to pan out long term. They get to see if the answer is Fields. It likely won't be and they'll hopefully bottom out and get a solid draft pick to move on from there.

At the end of the day, like about 27 other teams, they're screwed until they land an elite QB. Everything else is irrelevant.

Sounds like a win win for the Steelers. They get out from the KP situation - one that wasn't going to pan out long term. They get to see if the answer is Fields. It likely won't be and they'll hopefully bottom out and get a solid draft pick to move on from there.

At the end of the day, like about 27 other teams, they're screwed until they land an elite QB. Everything else is irrelevant.
the problem with this is they are starting russell wilson. so outside of an injury, which is probably going to happen considering Russell WIlson's age and health, they really wont know if Fields will be the answer..

What will really suck is if WIlson plays ok, good enough to not be benched, gets us a 8-9 or 9-8 record. we draft in the late teens and we have no clue who our QB is for 2025..

If fields does get alot of playing time, enough to know if he's our man for the future or not, then that means that we would have had to tank the first 1/2 of the season cause Wilson sucked. So by then, it will probably be too late to salvage the season.. again, barring any long term injury to wilson early in the season.

Reactions: 303vND
Hindsight is 20-20 but at some point you get tired of the BS - Kenny got tired of the Steelers BS.
They did make him the starter for most of his time there and he really didn't do much.

I kinda think this is what will happen.
What will happen then? Steelers won't PAY, Wilson will walk, then they try to sign Fields cheap if nobody else wants him, that sounds like a Steelers thing to do,

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Have you ever onboarded a new employee? They gave Kenny an old MS-DOS type of environment and expect him to write AI or ML algorithms.
But he had a chance to play, just by luck he should have stumbled to better than the all-time fewest TD passes in 500 attempts in NFL history

But he had a chance to play, just by luck he should have stumbled to better than the all-time fewest TD passes in 500 attempts in NFL history
With an OL that couldn't stop Central Catholic, two wide receivers that the old OC called LAZY, and and a OC that shouldn't have been allowed to coordinate an offense on Saturday, let alone Sunday. But yeah...by luck he won some games.

Last edited:
With an OL that couldn't stop Central Catholic, two wide receivers that the old OC called LAZY, and and a OC that shouldn't have been allowed to coordinated an offense on Saturday, let alone Sunday. But yeah...by luck he won some games.
YES ABSOLUTELY, if he was an NFL level QB he would have done more with even that situation.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Can’t wait for Steelers at Eagles on Dec. 15! Just praying that somehow Kenny is the starting QB for them, and then soundly beats the Steelers! Me thinks that a lot of the hate Kenny people here would suddenly become very quiet!
You and me both - to eliminate the Steelers from playoff contention and kill the never had a losing season bullchit!

I mean he looked good in the preseason last year. So whatever.

Hope he does well. I’m a Steeler fan so I don’t really care 🤷‍♂️
Did well? His preseason QB rating was actually perfect.

Glad he's doing well. As a Steelers' fan, hope he is starting in the Super Bowl next year against us.

You and me both - to eliminate the Steelers from playoff contention and kill the never had a losing season bullchit!
Feel the hate. Embrace your dark side.

The losing record thing won't be an issue this year. But continue wearing your nice red hat.

They are supposed to do what the fans say.

What’s the value in having a guy who’s not the answer signed for two more years? Either way you’re still looking for the guy.
2 years of rookie contract
Fields will be due a 5th year option next season and it’s very unlikely Wilson is here next year when he’s due a big free agent deal

You clearly aren’t thinking this through.
Sure I am
We
Have a completely new Qb room this season , and will have a completely new Qb room next season .
That’s not a good plan
Keeping neither Kenny nor resigning Mason cheaply was a bad plan

Field will be due $25 mil next year . And he sucks so bad he was traded for a 5th round pick

Reactions: 303vND
Sure I am
We
Have a completely new Qb room this season , and will have a completely new Qb room next season .
That’s not a good plan

Field will be due $25 mil next year . And he sucks so bad he was traded for a 5th round pick
I don’t think he’s due anything next year. The Stillers have already declined the option. I’m 99%+ sure it’s already been stated he’ll be a free agent after this year.

Reactions: Pitt79 and 303vND
Can’t wait for Steelers at Eagles on Dec. 15! Just praying that somehow Kenny is the starting QB for them, and then soundly beats the Steelers! Me thinks that a lot of the hate Kenny people here would suddenly become very quiet!
I hope Kenny does well, but you better believe they'd rather play Kenny rather than Jalen Hurts.

Not really. They weren't going anywhere with Kenny or Mason so took the cheap veteran option hoping Wilson has one more playoff run in him. Fields option wasn't picked up so they don't have a QB for 2025.

I hope he does well for Philly .
Steelers currently look foolish .. (Tomlin in particular)
How or why? I loved what Pickett did for Pitt, but the only thing they kinda look foolish for is investing a first-round pick for him. All the analysts calling that QB class terrible appear to be correct so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT