ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt 1 grown 0 half score

I hope we can get more in-depth comments from those who were there because there are so many new players: who played; which newcomers played; who looked good. Any other comments?

Can someone help refresh my memory? I couldn’t log into the game last night but had access to hundreds of others. The game was listed on espn+ as an ACCN game so it wouldn’t log me in. But the game wasn’t on the ACC Network. Was there another way to watch? I don’t ever remember having this problem before.

Can someone help refresh my memory? I couldn’t log into the game last night but had access to hundreds of others. The game was listed on espn+ as an ACCN game so it wouldn’t log me in. But the game wasn’t on the ACC Network. Was there another way to watch? I don’t ever remember having this problem before.
The game was broadcasted on ACCNX

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
The game was broadcasted on ACCNX
What does that mean to me though? I have espn+ and the game’s icon is listed with all the other games. Yet it won’t grant me access when I click on it. I am logged into espn via my cable provider(comcast), yet couldn’t watched. I don’t ever remember not having ability to watch a game before.

What does that mean to me though? I have espn+ and the game’s icon is listed with all the other games. Yet it won’t grant me access when I click on it. I am logged into espn via my cable provider(comcast), yet couldn’t watched. I don’t ever remember not having ability to watch a game before.

First home opener I've missed in awhile. I watched it on the ESPN app. This game (and pretty much all Pitt Olympic Sports) are on ACCNX, which is just really how ESPN lists the game. Its not like its a separate network. What this means to you is this:

- If you get ACC Network through your cable/satellite/streaming provider, you have free access to ACCNX games on the ESPN app.

- If you do NOT have ACC Network through your provider, you STILL get access to ACCNX (not ACCN) content on the ESPN app if you pay the monthly ESPN+ subscription.

Sounds like you have both ACC Network and ESPN+ so you had to 2 "ways' to watch and it still didnt work. That doesn't really make any sense.

First home opener I've missed in awhile. I watched it on the ESPN app. This game (and pretty much all Pitt Olympic Sports) are on ACCNX, which is just really how ESPN lists the game. Its not like its a separate network. What this means to you is this:

- If you get ACC Network through your cable/satellite/streaming provider, you have free access to ACCNX games on the ESPN app.

- If you do NOT have ACC Network through your provider, you STILL get access to ACCNX (not ACCN) content on the ESPN app if you pay the monthly ESPN+ subscription.

Sounds like you have both ACC Network and ESPN+ so you had to 2 "ways' to watch and it still didnt work. That doesn't really make any sense.
I had a heck of a time logging in last night. Usually I’m already logged in on my tv’s but it required me to put in my credentials this time, then change my password, etc. I did all that but there were glitches along the way. We thought the app was having technical issues. I was finally able to watch games. I watched WVU men prior to the 8pm Pitt men. Then after 8pm, no matter how many times I tried, it said that I wasn’t authorized to watch the game. So I quite trying. It was bizarre.

I had a heck of a time logging in last night. Usually I’m already logged in on my tv’s but it required me to put in my credentials this time, then change my password, etc. I did all that but there were glitches along the way. We thought the app was having technical issues. I was finally able to watch games. I watched WVU men prior to the 8pm Pitt men. Then after 8pm, no matter how many times I tried, it said that I wasn’t authorized to watch the game. So I quite trying. It was bizarre.

Taking a guess here:

- You were logged into your ESPN+ subscription to watch WVU. Although the Pitt game was available for paying ESPN+ customers AND "free" ACCNX customers (who get ACCN through their provider), maybe you had to log out of ESPN+ and log in a different way for ACCNX content since the ACCNX content is in market and you dont need an ESPN+ subscription for it.

I hate to watch games on apps though. I canceled MLS Season Pass for literally 1 reason. Its too hard to watch their games because they make me verify my account, change my password, enter some link on my phone, etc. Its far too many obstacles to clear to watch a league that I am not that big of a fan of. I hope they ask me why I canceled. If I want to watch an MLS game, I want to do it in 2 or 3 clicks. Dont make me verify my account just because I am watching in my living room instead of the man cave. I hate that.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Nothing like a bunch of Euro’s learning the Pitt version of sweet Caroline on the fly.

Btw, I’m starting to turn into an old curmudgeon. Can’t we as a fan base, do something unique that we can call our own? I guess Sweet Caroline is fresh for 18-22’s…but most of us are tired of it after a couple of decades and also know that the rest of the world does it too.

Ok. Who can give us the low down? That’s a really good win. Especially given, like SMF said somewhere, ncaa soccer doesn’t have much of a preseason. Turning over rosters in a sport that relies on player continuity isn’t easy to do. Impressive win.

Ok. Who can give us the low down? That’s a really good win. Especially given, like SMF said somewhere, ncaa soccer doesn’t have much of a preseason. Turning over rosters in a sport that relies on player continuity isn’t easy to do. Impressive win.

Announcers were complaining about the short preseason last night.

I think we forget that Pitt DOES return some multi-year starters. Sahmkow, Feitosa, Sullivan, Gilman. Then we have other experienced guys like Thorsen, Mercado, Maiuffeauld. And they said Jay was very high on Arnau Vilimitanja who played for Barcelona (academy I'd guess). He comes over as a graduate student with 1 year left.

Pitt looked really good last night. Georgetown was ranked #16 but Pitt looked quite a bit better and we have seen Gtown take Pitt behind the woodshed several times. Even a few years when we beat them, I felt Gtown was better and deserved to win. Last night, you could see early on Pitt was better.

Announcers were complaining about the short preseason last night.

I think we forget that Pitt DOES return some multi-year starters. Sahmkow, Feitosa, Sullivan, Gilman. Then we have other experienced guys like Thorsen, Mercado, Maiuffeauld. And they said Jay was very high on Arnau Vilimitanja who played for Barcelona (academy I'd guess). He comes over as a graduate student with 1 year left.

Pitt looked really good last night. Georgetown was ranked #16 but Pitt looked quite a bit better and we have seen Gtown take Pitt behind the woodshed several times. Even a few years when we beat them, I felt Gtown was better and deserved to win. Last night, you could see early on Pitt was better.
Thanks for this

it was packed. great energy and atmosphere. standing room
only. no bleacher seats. people standing all over the place. great defense and opportunistic scoring. jumped all over chances. header and a banger. gk was good also.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
At this point, I wonder why they don't add some more seats? If you are continually playing to standing room only crowds and you have the space to easily add another 500 (or whatever the number would be) seats, why would you not do that? It's not like it would cost all that much money to extend the bleachers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT