ADVERTISEMENT

USA Olympic soccer

You and the moron have completely missed the point. But I’m not surprised. You’re making straw man arguments. None of it is relevant.
You're a dumb ass, you are a fvcking moron, you are absolutely wrong about this, take your idiotic know it all, soccer snobbery and shove it up your ass.

Makes no sense at all why FK_Pitt - THE DUMB ASS SOCCER SNOB KNOW IT ALL, wants to die on this hill where he's absolutely wrong 110% with his STUPID OPINION, that any athlete would not covet an Olympic medal! Only this IDIOT -FK_Pitt - THE DUMB ASS SOCCER SNOB KNOW IT ALL, would be so stupid as to believe that? Generally I always thought he was a decent guy, I guess I was wrong about THIS MORON.

PS, I don't believe in name calling other than as retaliation

Makes no sense at all why FK_Pitt - THE DUMB ASS SOCCER SNOB KNOW IT ALL, wants to die on this hill where he's absolutely wrong 110% with his STUPID OPINION, that any athlete would not covet an Olympic medal! Only this IDIOT -FK_Pitt - THE DUMB ASS SOCCER SNOB KNOW IT ALL, would be so stupid as to believe that? Generally I always thought he was a decent guy, I guess I was wrong about THIS MORON.

PS, I don't believe in name calling other than as retaliation
Buddy, maybe I wasn’t clear and that’s on me…but what I originally meant is that these overage pros are morons if they value competing in a tourney in which they have no chance of winning and no more than 5000 people in this country actually care about. These guys are barely hanging onto professional jobs and a paycheck and they are one injury away from ending their career. Combine that with two day turnarounds in France…yeah I stand by my opinion that they are morons. You then came at me with the name calling and insults toward an anonymous guy on a message board, pretty hard. Relax bro. I promise you that my opinion doesn’t impact your life whatsoever. It’ll be ok. Did you ever stop and wonder why it’s you that flies off the handle on these boards and not many others?

Buddy, maybe I wasn’t clear and that’s on me…but what I originally meant is that these overage pros are morons if they value competing in a tourney in which they have no chance of winning and no more than 5000 people in this country actually care about. These guys are barely hanging onto professional jobs and a paycheck and they are one injury away from ending their career. Combine that with two day turnarounds in France…yeah I stand by my opinion that they are morons. You then came at me with the name calling and insults toward an anonymous guy on a message board, pretty hard. Relax bro. I promise you that my opinion doesn’t impact your life whatsoever. It’ll be ok. Did you ever stop and wonder why it’s you that flies off the handle on these boards and not many others?
That was JUST YOUR OPINION, and my opinion, WHICH AS JUST AN OPINION - IS AS VALID AS YOURS, maybe some of these overage guys participating does make them morons, but that is JUST YOUR OPINION, and maybe these guys IN MY OPINION, think it's worth it to experience participating in the OLYMPICS and have a shot at an Olympic medal, did they have no chance? That isn't true, if they had gone one round further, they would have been playing Egypt for the bronze, so maybe your opinion that they are morons is correct, but my opinion that an athlete might want to participate in the Olympics, even with little to gain, just to experience it and say they did, is also correct, or why would they be there? I forget his name, there was a 33-year-old guy from France that played, he has hundreds of career goals, is he a moron? Apparently, he wanted to be there, Georgi Mihalovic, his a mediocre USMNT player, probably barely hanging on and probably an afterthought by 2026, he won't lose his MLS spot over being here, is he a moron, I don't think so. But your opinion that they are morons is valid, as is my opinion that there are pro soccer players that want to be there and want to win an Olympic medal.

That was JUST YOUR OPINION, and my opinion, WHICH AS JUST AN OPINION - IS AS VALID AS YOURS, maybe some of these overage guys participating does make them morons, but that is JUST YOUR OPINION, and maybe these guys IN MY OPINION, think it's worth it to experience participating in the OLYMPICS and have a shot at an Olympic medal, did they have no chance? That isn't true, if they had gone one round further, they would have been playing Egypt for the bronze, so maybe your opinion that they are morons is correct, but my opinion that an athlete might want to participate in the Olympics, even with little to gain, just to experience it and say they did, is also correct, or why would they be there? I forget his name, there was a 33-year-old guy from France that played, he has hundreds of career goals, is he a moron? Apparently, he wanted to be there, Georgi Mihalovic, his a mediocre USMNT player, probably barely hanging on and probably an afterthought by 2026, he won't lose his MLS spot over being here, is he a moron, I don't think so. But your opinion that they are morons is valid, as is my opinion that there are pro soccer players that want to be there and want to win an Olympic medal.
Listen, I’m going to forget the fact that you went on an unhinged insult laden tirade toward me. It’s all good. So many things to say in response to this post…but I’m just letting it go.

But I can’t let go of your question about Alexandre Lacazette. Of course!.!.!.He is absolutely a moron for an abundance of reasons.

But I can’t let go of your question about Alexandre Lacazette. Of course!.!.!.He is absolutely a moron for an abundance of reasons.

Imagine if he had gotten hurt today (I didn't see the game, but I am assuming that him going off in the 52nd minute was performance related and not due to injury) and ruined his career all for a silver medal.

True.

Don’t know if you watched, but I’ve watched most of their games this tourney and watch most of the US womens games Regardless of whether it’s a friendly or major tourney…and Girma has been playing the center back position better than anyone I’ve ever seen.

Our front three gets all the glory and they deserve it. They are as good as it gets and won’t be in their prime for another four years. Although Swanson is probably in her prime. I couldn’t imagine if arguably the best player in the game (Macario) were healthy, in form, and sitting underneath them at the 10. This team would be sick.

But Girma in the back is unbelievable.
Agree, said the same to my wife. She is the single most important player on the team. I believe she’s the best center back the US has ever fielded, men or women.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Imagine if he had gotten hurt today (I didn't see the game, but I am assuming that him going off in the 52nd minute was performance related and not due to injury) and ruined his career all for a silver medal.
That proves my point, that while he may seem like a moron to some of you, here is the guy I'm talking about, he didn't have to go, but apparently, he actually wanted that silver medal.

That proves my point, that while he may seem like a moron to some of you, here is the guy I'm talking about, he didn't have to go, but apparently, he actually wanted that silver medal.
It’s different for French for an abundance of reasons. Plus, he’s on the downside of his career. He’s played at a high level and has made his money, plenty of it, and it wasn’t lowly MLS money.

You get that he can actually really want a silver medal, and that that would make him an idiot too, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
You get that he can actually really want a silver medal, and that that would make him an idiot too, right?
I do get that some people, like you and Fk_Pitt would have the opinion that wanting an Olympic medal makes him an idiot, and others would not.

so, if there where 12 teams in the Olympics and each had 3 overage players, your opinion is that those 36 guys are all idiots? :)

I do get that some people, like you and Fk_Pitt would have the opinion that wanting an Olympic medal makes him an idiot, and others would not.

so, if there where 12 teams in the Olympics and each had 3 overage players, your opinion is that those 36 guys are all idiots? :)

Actually, there were not 36 overage players there. At least one of the teams, I forget which off the top of my head, didn't bring any overage players at all.

OK, I found the list. I thought it might have been Japan, and it was. They did not have any overage players.

Also, Ukraine, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Mali and Israel only had two of them.

It might also be worth mentioning that 12 of the overage players were guys born in 2000, so rather than older, experienced guys they were players who just missed the age cutoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT