ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt -12.5 over Virginia

Damn - I was ready to put a nice wager on it hoping it was going to be 9.5 or so. However, I figured Armstrong's unknown status and the recency bias without out yesterday would probably inflate it some.

He was looking super fragile tossing the ball before the game. Makes little sense for him to play with that type of injury. Not worth it

Reactions: TD_6082
He was looking super fragile tossing the ball before the game. Makes little sense for him to play with that type of injury. Not worth it

I agree 100%. He looked bad, and makes no sense. That being said...

We will see

Honestly I actually would like him to play. He would most likely eliminate half his game. He would not be scrambling

Yeah his back up did not look good but that being said we MUST play clean ball or we will give them a chance we need to steam roll them early and shorten the game.

Prepare to get Virginia's best, but overcome it by matching their preparedness and overwhelming them with intensity, it's the only way to go!

Reactions: WishfulPanther
Never expect a blowout, just be happy we win. We should have crushed NC on Thursday, and wound up going to OT to win. Without knowing whether or not Armstrong plays, I think 12.5 is way too many. Virginia is well coached and will be ready for battle. I am hoping we win by a touchdown, but, expect a serious tussle. Plus, as a team, we have never excelled in the art of burying a team when we have them down.

It’s obviously not going to be a blowout… UVA is good, and bronco is a really good coach.

Pitt will need to play well and mistake free to get a W.

Either way I expect a good close game and Armstrong will absolutely play.

This line has to be assuming Armstrong isn't playing.

Pitt was 9.5 favorites at home to Miami, 6.5 point favorites to UNC.

Virginia isn't 4 points worse then Miami and 7 points worse then UNC.

Really!! Part of the beauty is seeing a match up against their best. Pickett vs Armstrong battling it out. Another QB duel.

its rewarding when Pitt beats a solid team at full strength.
It will be rewarding if we have a 10+ win season and are playing a big bowl game. Hopefully the kid is fully healthy for their game against VT.

On another note, Clemson is a 3.5 point favorite at home against Wake. Yet, Clemson is unranked.

Reactions: gary2
On another note, Clemson is a 3.5 point favorite at home against Wake. Yet, Clemson is unranked.

Rankings don't matter. Not much separates Clemson and Wake. Excellent offense vs excellent defense. Terrible offense vs terrible defense. The game is a coin flip. I'm picking Wake though.

This line has to be assuming Armstrong isn't playing.

Pitt was 9.5 favorites at home to Miami, 6.5 point favorites to UNC.

Virginia isn't 4 points worse then Miami and 7 points worse then UNC.
without armstrong 100% they absolutley are. they arent very good with him because their d is so porous

If Armstrong does play, the D that played the first half of NC needs to show up and not the D that played during the first half of Miami.

While I like for Pitt to beat the Best the other team has, I nice lopsided win for the Coastal would be enjoyable.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I really think this is both Bronco and Armstrong playing coy. I wouldn’t put it past him to send Armstrong out to throw with the message to make sure he make it look like he’s struggling. Don’t kid yourself for a minute, Bronco wants the Costal title bad, to a point he was saying prior to the season they’ll be the only team to repeat in 7 years. If Armstrong was truly that hurt why would you put him in front of the camera’s to only wince after every throw?? Personally I think it’s a game and was done to boost Armstrong’s stock when he plays Pickett. I fully expect Armstrong to play against Pitt.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I've said this is another thread, but if he does play there's a good chance he gets roughed up enough that he won't play against VT.

That backup appeared to have some decent tools (no idea if he can actually play the position... It obviously didn't go well Saturday night), but I imagine we could throw enough confusing looks at him to really render him ineffective.

I think the line with Armstrong would be about - 7.5. If we start to see it drop, maybe that means somebody knows something. Although the goal, obviously, is to even out the money and not to predict the final score.

That #99 used to be a qb. He's kind of a jack-of-all-trades now. I would not be surprised if him throwing the ball is incorporated into their game plan.

We should beat these guys. We should also know better than to ever take an opponent lightly. People don't want to hear the negative stuff, but my goodness does it come to fruition all too often. We were talking to a fellow Pitt fan in Knoxville at halftime. We all said we'd probably win that game and lose against WMU. We were talking to some guys in the concourse at the UNC game at the half. Everybody agreed that UNC would make it a game. Why do Pitt fans think like that? Because at this point they would be crazy not to. I'm not predicting a loss. Not in the least. But we've all seen the formula... a turnover here, a busted coverage there, etc. This game offers Virginia a chance to rectify their entire season. If you don't think they'll be bringing it, you are nuts.

There is no way Pitt can be a 12.5 point favorite in this game. I think the best guess at this point is maybe as high as a 5 point favorite, 3 for the home field and 2 more because Pitt is perceived as the better team on both sides of the ball. It will not be a blowout and will be a very close game. But it sure would be fun to see a blowout!

I dont think Armstrong plays. Virginia is already bowl eligible. Whats the next most important and realistic goal to them, to beat VT. So I would think Bronco will sit him and make sure he is available and healed an extra week to maximize their chance against VT. Playing him against sack happy Pitt is too much of a risk I would think.

I dont think Armstrong plays. Virginia is already bowl eligible. Whats the next most important and realistic goal to them, to beat VT. So I would think Bronco will sit him and make sure he is available and healed an extra week to maximize their chance against VT. Playing him against sack happy Pitt is too much of a risk I would think.
Ummm, they could win the Coastal if they beat Pitt and VT

Winning the Coastal would be here.

Beating Virginia Tech would be here.

They might have a statute of Bronco erected by Monday morning if he wins the Coastal two years in a row (since there was no Coastal last year).

Reactions: ThePanthers
Armstrong will be in uniform 100% He will be in the warm ups. The rest is a bit of a mystery. Its a good tactic to keep Pitt guessing and on their toes.

If he's going to play with pain and have trouble making throws, I don't think it makes any sense for him to be out there.
With the coastal on the line he will be present. They aren't going to surrender the coastal that easily. Would love to see him out there another chance for the Pitt D to step up and for Kenny to duel with another big time QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT