ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's Value in Realignment

Who is advocating for Pitt among the Big 10 membership?

Surely you aren't equivocating the addition of Texas to the SEC with what would be an addition of Pitt to the B10. I don't think anyone has to spell out why that is a nonsensical analogy.

Pitt has two hurdles: $ and political.

I’m not saying anybody is. Maybe the Big 10 wants Pitt. Maybe it doesn’t.

What I’m saying is if the Big Ten values Pitt, I don’t think PSU can stop it.

The leverage for these schools to stop anything just isn’t there anymore. You’re not jumping off of one of the two life boats if you’re on it.

The leverage for these schools to stop anything just isn’t there anymore. You’re not jumping off of one of the two life boats if you’re on it.
So when it comes down to it, you’re not saying anything.

Who is advocating for Pitt among the Big 10 membership?

Surely you aren't equivocating the addition of Texas to the SEC with what would be an addition of Pitt to the B10. I don't think anyone has to spell out why that is a nonsensical analogy.

Pitt has two hurdles: $ and political.
Do you people think Pitt is poor. They have big donors. If they keep those 3 guards, what does that tell you? Look at these 4 star transfers the football teams are getting. There is money. The scales are a lot more even now than they were. Thats why all these blueblood coaches are complaining. They can no longer stack their teams 4 deep.

Players are transferring all over the place.

Do you people think Pitt is poor. They have big donors. If they keep those 3 guards, what does that tell you? Look at these 4 star transfers the football teams are getting. There is money. The scales are a lot more even now than they were. Thats why all these blueblood coaches are complaining. They can no longer stack their teams 4 deep.

I know it is poor. Pitt has very few big athletic donors. And the % of alumni contributing to athletics was 2.6% a couple years ago...that was #14 out 15 ACC schools and total athletic contributions is one of the worst levels in the ACC as well. Donations are the second largest source of revenue for athletic deparments, so Pitt is handicapped compared to peers in a big way.

The truth is, the vast majority of Pitt alumni and people calling themselves Pitt fans just don't care.

Last edited:

So in your hypothetical where Pitt is the Texas of the northeast, the flagship of the state, and the richest athletic department in the nation, Penn State couldn't stop the conference from adding Pitt. Sure. Makes sense in that hypothetical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Las Panteras
Just want to see Pitt land in one of the big Two.
Don't think the perverts can stop it if Michigan and Ohio State sign off on it.
The SEC would be a gold mine for Pitt. But we would have to learn to push the
envelope on cheating.

Just want to see Pitt land in one of the big Two.
Don't think the perverts can stop it if Michigan and Ohio State sign off on it.
The SEC would be a gold mine for Pitt. But we would have to learn to push the
envelope on cheating.
And exactly how do we get to the point of Ohio State and Michigan signing off?

It's all relative. Pitt has big donors, for sure. Problem is most schools have even bigger ones and there's more of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT