ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt 24 Leigh 9

Good match. Feel like 125 has been soft spot for us for a few years now. Lehigh did not have the lineup I expected but still very good guys. That was a good team we beat

It's wild how weak 125's been the last 5+ years considering they've actually brought in a grip of decent prospects.

Hoping Steen snaps that trend. As of now, it doesn't look like he'll outgrow that class.

Lledo is impressive. Talk about coming with zero hype. Sheesh. Kid was apparently 38-4 with 28 pin for Lower Merion his senior year. Love his aggression. Kid hunts pins. Could be a good one.

Reactions: singregardless
Very good win.

I like our upper weights. Nico seems very comfortable at 195. Harvey has been impressive at 184 as has McGill at 174. Jake has been excellent at 165. And, Badgett came back after getting thumped against Navy. I think he has a future.

It’s not like the PSU teams where they were essentially unbeatable from Nolf at 157 through Roth at 197, but it’s a solid group.

The lower weights are a different story. Kemerer is very disappointing. Matthews is shaky. Mickey is solid. And 125 is a disaster. Haven’t we brought in 3 or 4 guys there? Is Camacho really the best we can do?

This was a really nice win. I’ve always liked Lehigh, more so since Pat became the coach. He always seems to have at least one All-American in the lineup. I know this is their first match, but I didn’t see anyone resembling an AA in their lineup.

Reactions: Pitt_97
Lledo has been good now let’s realize this has not been against top flight competition but I’m very encouraged and look forward to watching him develop. Camacho has potential but it will be a rough year for him. Ideally Newell can make it down there because I feel he is the better option this year, really thought he was progressing towards the end but it must be a very tough cut for him

Lledo has been good now let’s realize this has not been against top flight competition but I’m very encouraged and look forward to watching him develop. Camacho has potential but it will be a rough year for him. Ideally Newell can make it down there because I feel he is the better option this year, really thought he was progressing towards the end but it must be a very tough cut for him

louis is pretty tall for a 125. Not sure what’s up with Camacho, he’s had a rough go of it so far. Last year he had some good performances.

Reactions: Ryno53
Newell aint making 125. He has filled out some.

To be fair to Camacho, kid that pinned him was a hammer on top. Apparently, its his thing and does it all the time. Camacho looked much better getting a close win in the scrimmage part against a solid freshman from Lehigh. He will win his share this year

Reactions: WillardYears
125 is tough because it is hard to predict what those lower weight guys will grow into, some guys never fully grow into 125, and some blow right past it in a year or two.

Reactions: bwh05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT