ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open

That was some great wresting to watch today. Really enjoyed it. First time I seen Santaniello brothers and both are very impressive. Good IQ and quick. Also thought Solomon, Keslar, Heller and Stout looked good. Many of the other young guys battled. That first year adjusting to college wrestling can be brutal.

I know it's a pipe dream, but Bo Bassett is sitting in the middle of our team haha

3-1 in the second round at 149. Solomon, Pletcher, Laffey make the R16 but Badgett got worked.
I guess Bishop McCourt is allowe to wrestle as a team this season after being shutdown last season due to recruiting.

I guess Bishop McCourt is allowe to wrestle as a team this season after being shutdown last season due to recruiting.
McCort served a two-year postseason suspension. They wrestled in Ironman and Powerade, among others - including a dual meet with LHAC rival Chestnut Ridge. This year they have the full conference slate and are eligible for team and individual postseason.

Bishop McCort situation is interesting. My understanding is they received 3 year suspension for recruiting. Appealed last year and lost. Appealed again and won. Basically servicing 2 years of the original suspension.

Give the kids from Bishop McCort all the credit in the world. Amazing wrestlers that have put in hard work from a young age.

I am actually surprised they even want to wrestling against public PA schools. To me they seem very similar to Malvern Prep. Both have recruited top kids from all over the country. Malvern Prep wrestles against other national Prep schools. That would seem like the competition McCort desires and looks forward to.

Bishop McCort situation is interesting. My understanding is they received 3 year suspension for recruiting. Appealed last year and lost. Appealed again and won. Basically servicing 2 years of the original suspension.

Give the kids from Bishop McCort all the credit in the world. Amazing wrestlers that have put in hard work from a young age.

I am actually surprised they even want to wrestling against public PA schools. To me they seem very similar to Malvern Prep. Both have recruited top kids from all over the country. Malvern Prep wrestles against other national Prep schools. That would seem like the competition McCort desires and looks forward to.
To me, the craziest thing is McCort only started the program in 2016 and it was going nowhere prior to the transfers and would be the same today if the sh*t didn't hit the fan at Forest Hills.

To me, the craziest thing is McCort only started the program in 2016 and it was going nowhere prior to the transfers and would be the same today if the sh*t didn't hit the fan at Forest Hills.
It will always be feast or famine for private schools because there is no feeder system. McCort finished second in AA in its first season, but there was nothing behind the group of studs that they had then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT