ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt 6 again

Never gets old. Bryce Ford-Wheaton with a good natured post in the comments.
Not to change the subject, but I would like to say that Bryce Ford-Wheaton, in my opinion. has the potential to be a star in the NFL. Can't believe the guy wasn't drafted. he looked incredible last year against a very good Pitt secondary.

Last edited:
I know he had a really good season overall, but I was underwhelmed by him. I would way more credit Chip Kelly's great offensive mind for their success passing that day, he clearly knew how to expose what HCPN does, it was the scheme.

BFW, like Marcus Mariotta, was a great fit for Kelly's scheme, but he looks similarly limited as a qb. Also, he is well regarded for his character, but for that game at least he got caught up in the moment, made it about himself, got into too much after play showboating and frankly lost his composure.

As much criticism Slovis has received (well deserved IMO), he did lead a
well run drive to tie it for us late in the game. He looked good throwing
and in command of the offense. Unfortunately prior to that drive, he
looked pretty bad for a good part of the game. Re watching it, I could
see how his season would unfold in such a negative way.

Colors in the crowd popped and looked really good on that play. Way better then the muted dark blue and "vegas" gold garbage from before.

As much criticism Slovis has received (well deserved IMO), he did lead a
well run drive to tie it for us late in the game. He looked good throwing
and in command of the offense. Unfortunately prior to that drive, he
looked pretty bad for a good part of the game. Re watching it, I could
see how his season would unfold in such a negative way.
Slovis played really well in that game. To be honest, I still think everything changed when he got dumped on his head right before halftime of the Tennessee game.

Hindsight of course is often 20-20. My sense watching it last night as
opposed to last year in real time is an exmple of that. When he was sacked
a few times earlier in the game, I thought Yup, he has trouble moving in the
pocket, and that's why he often was referred to as a statue back there.
As for the Tennessee game, I agree.

Colors in the crowd popped and looked really good on that play. Way better then the muted dark blue and "vegas" gold garbage from before.

I was going to say that. The blue and yellow in the crowd looked really awesome on that play, specifically. Those 2 colors really complement each other well. When the stadium is full (like for Clemson the year before), the visual of the house packed witj those colors is really awesome. Better than black and gold.

Slovis played really well in that game. To be honest, I still think everything changed when he got dumped on his head right before halftime of the Tennessee game.
The couple key drops in the first half, one that was a td. Then the blow to the head. Those were really bad breaks for him. I thought he was very solid in the WVU game and in that first half of TN. But after that concussion he was PTSD after, and a shadow of the same player until the very end, when he started to show more, but it was too late. Too bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT