ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt at UNC

I am concerned about UNC RB that's for sure... dude is a different animal. AJ Dillon like style attack on the ground, and I truly don't know if UNC runs him 25+ times how Pitt will stop it. UNC will win if they slow this game down to a time of possesion offensive approach. I'm not overly concerned with the QB's ability to make consistent throws.

It will definitely be a contrast in game management for sure - I think Pitt will have their successes on offense, but I need to see more consistency.
They won't slow it down to a TOP game, and it won't really matter anyway. Pretty sure we've lost TOP in every game, and lost it by a very wide margin against YSU.

Their QB is gonna have to make throws. Probably a safe assumption that we'll stack the box against the run and make them throw to win. If Pitt stacks the box and they still have success running... its gonna be a long day.

I worry most about a letdown. On the road as a slight favorite after starting 4-0. We've had one road game and came out sleep walking.

Oh please. You'd be citing National Enquirer headlines if they supported your position on something.
At least I don't cite someone who heard from someone who heard that Holstein should be a tight end.

A couple of weeks ago, Saban said Holstein was a good quarterback and he should know as he recruited him.

Twain was right.

At least I don't cite someone who heard from someone who heard that Holstein should be a tight end.

A couple of weeks ago, Saban said Holstein was a good quarterback and he should know as he recruited him.

Twain was right.

I said that Bud Elliot stated on the Cover 3 Podcast that he heard from within the Alabama circle that multiple coaches on that staff thought he would never play QB and should consider a conversion to H Back. Would you like a link to the video?

And you don't believe in stats (per above), but you actually think Nick Saban was going to give him anything but praise and/or platitudes on GameDay? Holy smokes, man.

I mean, he's been worthy of compliments thus far. But let's please not start validating him by what a guy who had him on the 5th string last year said about him on a TV show.

Should be another great game!

I am headed there with my fam if anyone else is. would love to meet up.

UNC looks pretty good, QB is electric as usual, and good skill players, they played a half well on d, but they have one really good CB, and the rest have been suspect. basically, same UNC type team, good athletes, can win any game, can lose any game. I think this Pitt team is more equipped to win than last year, typically need to shoot it out.

Should be another great game!

I am headed there with my fam if anyone else is. would love to meet up.

UNC looks pretty good, QB is electric as usual, and good skill players, they played a half well on d, but they have one really good CB, and the rest have been suspect. basically, same UNC type team, good athletes, can win any game, can lose any game. I think this Pitt team is more equipped to win than last year, typically need to shoot it out.
Just got my tix today. We'll be heading up SAt Am from Charlotte.

Anyone who knows our history with this team should not be overconfident about this game. I don't think they will be dwelling on their prior games. They will be thinking about righting the ship against an undefeated team in their home stadium. It is up to us to get off to a good start and put the pressure on them. If we don't, we are asking for trouble.

Carolina has more talent overall. Pitt has to actually coach something different on d vs them.

I said that Bud Elliot stated on the Cover 3 Podcast that he heard from within the Alabama circle that multiple coaches on that staff thought he would never play QB and should consider a conversion to H Back. Would you like a link to the video?

And you don't believe in stats (per above), but you actually think Nick Saban was going to give him anything but praise and/or platitudes on GameDay? Holy smokes, man.

I mean, he's been worthy of compliments thus far. But let's please not start validating him by what a guy who had him on the 5th string last year said about him on a TV show.
In other words, exactly what I said.

Don't pretend to know what I think. You aren't at my level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT