ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-Clemson Gamethread

That is one of the worst managed drives of the season. No sense of the game situation there or the caliber QB you have. The guy has thrown for 5 yards the entire game, he's not going to put you in scoring range with his arm with under a minute left. Dumb.

Reactions: BFo8
Omg these announcers....why did Pitt even bother to show up? Now i really hope we pull off an upset.

Obviously it’s easy to say now, but it was really stupid the way they played that.

Passing game had been totally ineffectual to that point, the only way Pitt wins the game is to keep it within reach, shorten the game and get some turnovers. By trying to run out the clock there you are actually giving yourself the best chance to win.

Made no sense at all.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Shame it ended that way. Some fight in that dog for awhile. Not much you can say. Some mistakes on us alone for sure. But these blueblood teams have too many financial advantages and have too many elite players.

I posted how dumb it was before the interception. Hell the pass Pickett got tipped easily could have been picked. THAT should have given him a clue.
Eh. I said before this game, we needed to gamble to have a real chance to win, so i'm not all that dismayed. 11 vs 18, really not a huge diff, honestly.

Just shows how dumb this coaching staff is not to realize that was the only thing that would end this game at halftime. Just unbelievable lack of football knowledge

Eh. I said before this game, we needed to gamble to have a real chance to win, so i'm not all that dismayed. 11 vs 18, really not a huge diff, honestly.

It really is though. Get the 2nd half kickoff and score a TD it really starts to put some pressure on Clemson.

All of a sudden it’s a one score game in the 2nd half and their season is on the line. Who knows how they would react there?

If you come out in the 2nd half with a nice drive you are only down 4, with a over a quarter left to play. It makes zero sense to pass the ball in that situation with THIS passing offense. We remember the Cuse game, right? Where Pitt did a 2 minute drill basically without passing the ball? That is how pathetic Pitt's passing attack is.

And you are going to try a 2 minute drill passing the ball against this defense? I would fire him for that alone.

Get out. It's not a great offense, but there are QBs out there who'd be just fine. Pickett just has not got the job done.
Why do you think that is...I'll give you a hint. No QB will thrive when they have no protection, compounded by an incompetent OC. I know - I know - this is Pittsburgh where everyone loves the backup QB, but I guess yinzers gotta yinz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT