ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-Clemson Gamethread

Why do you think that is...I'll give you a hint. No QB will thrive when they have no protection, compounded by an incompetent OC. I know - I know - this is Pittsburgh where everyone loves the backup QB, but I guess yinzers gotta yinz

Pickett doesn't make things happen when he does have protection. Every completion is a struggle. I never said anything about the backup, the comment was there was no QB out there who would succeed. I believe otherwise.

If you come out in the 2nd half with a nice drive you are only down 4, with a over a quarter left to play. It makes zero sense to pass the ball in that situation with THIS passing offense. We remember the Cuse game, right? Where Pitt did a 2 minute drill basically without passing the ball? That is how pathetic Pitt's passing attack is.

And you are going to try a 2 minute drill passing the ball against this defense? I would fire him for that alone.

Definitely agree with you here.

All the pressure is on Clemson, they lose and they’re done.

The longer you are able to keep the game within reach the more pressure builds on them and their true freshman QB. Made no sense to throw the ball there.

Okay the playcalling has been really bad, but when KPs number has been called to put it in the air, hes been bad and WRs not much better. Over shooting Lopes, Mack wondering where he is. We can have an ineffectual OC and QB. We have problems, and they are many on offense. Just run the damn ball

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Pickett doesn't make things happen when he does have protection. Every completion is a struggle. I never said anything about the backup, the comment was there was no QB out there who would succeed. I believe otherwise.
The way this OL pass blocks plays a larger role than you think. I'm not defending KP at all. There is no chance any QB would thrive in this offense, with this OL, with these WR and this OC. None. Zip.

The way this OL pass blocks plays a larger role than you think. I'm not defending KP at all. There is no chance any QB would thrive in this offense, with this OL, with these WR and this OC. None. Zip.

Whoa, let's not change it to thrive, we are just talking about competence here. You expect your starting QB to do better than 5 yards passing in a half. That is downright awful and isn't entirely on the OC, OL, WRs, etc.

Whoa, let's not change it to thrive, we are just talking about competence here. You expect your starting QB to do better than 5 yards passing in a half. That is downright awful and isn't entirely on the OC, OL, WRs, etc.
I can remove thrive and easily say do any better with all the reasons I said.

Didn’t see one trick play or anything out of the ordinary and still could have been down just 11 Instead gave them 14 points and are on the brink of a blowout. The defense played damn well minus 2-3 plays but give them the ball at the 2 and the 10 and you have what we have. We did about everything we said we couldn’t penalties, turnovers, missed tackles and forced zero turnovers.

They've all sucked. It's not one or the other.

If you're going to use Pickett he needs to run more.

If you don't want the QB to run, need to use someone else, he's not any good as a pocket passer right now.

But they haven't switched him out all year, not once, so our backups must stink worse.

You have to pass in football, if Pickett cant pass, then he doesnt need to be in there. If we had just an avg passing QB we would be in this game. Give George Jr a shot or someone in second half

I dunno, then we have Jeff George Jr who was demoted to 3rd string at Illinois (behind a couple guys who couldn’t play at all) or Ricky Town, who somehow lost his backup job to George Jr.

Pickett gives Pitt the best chance to win right now by far, it’s an unfortunate truth.

Yes, I am Telling you on 3-10 there probably isn’t enough time for the head coach to overrule a play call.

They passed the ball on every play, right? Narduzzi couldn't overrule ANY of those 3 passing plays? Plus I know he is involved with the headsets on the sideline.

I can remove thrive and easily say do any better with all the reasons I said.

A QB who can make quick decisions would perform better or one who had above average accuracy. There are so many QBs who could have more than 5 yards passing on 3/12 passing right now.

Reactions: Mike Kudis 2024
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT