ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Gets Meaningless Verbal from 2024 4 Star WR

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010

He will immediately be downgraded to a 3-Star recruit....

Any day day now now...

Right. Just like Isaiah Neal. Oh, wait….

Well we have two 4 star players already for 2024. I wonder how many 4 stars we actually wind up signing??? I hate to be negative, but if I set the over under right now at three 4 star players, I would take the under with conviction.

Yea I know. The media hates Pitt, the Rooneys hate Pitt, the ACC refs hate Pitt, the scouting services hate Pitt. Everyone hates Pitt.

Well, Rivals did screw up with Pinkston and would not fix it. And it did take them 10 years to stop having the Big Ten teams appear first in the team list instead of alphabetical like they have it now. So there is at least some bias.

That’s huge

The notion that the majority of posts in this thread have little to do with the player hinself speaks volumes about how little these early commits mean anymore.

Not a slight at Pitt. Im quite sure this same scenario is happening on a lot of message boards when 4 stars commit a year early.

Reactions: pittmeister
Well we have two 4 star players already for 2024. I wonder how many 4 stars we actually wind up signing??? I hate to be negative, but if I set the over under right now at three 4 star players, I would take the under with conviction.
As soon as they realize their error, Pitt will have no 4 Star players….. OOPS!!!

King Of All Message Boards = Butthurt about what I said…

Reactions: FireballZ
As soon as they realize their error, Pitt will have no 4 Star players….. OOPS!!!

King Of All Message Boards = Butthurt about what I said…
Fwiw, I don't think this guy will be losing a star. He is at or near a top 150 national recruit by all the recruiting services. It is far more likely he would sign somewhere else than him losing a star. What is weird is he says he committed now so he could hold his spot with Pitt. He claimed to be concerned about us filling spots in the portal. Quite unusual from a player rated as high as he is. I am afraid we will have to fend off many to hold on to this guy.

Fwiw, I don't think this guy will be losing a star. He is at or near a top 150 national recruit by all the recruiting services. It is far more likely he would sign somewhere else than him losing a star. What is weird is he says he committed now so he could hold his spot with Pitt. He claimed to be concerned about us filling spots in the portal. Quite unusual from a player rated as high as he is. I am afraid we will have to fend off many to hold on to this guy.
Just kidding about losing a star. Even if he did lose a star……Who cares?!

However, some people have nothing better to do than to make certain that everyone thinks and acts the way they do. If you even joke about such a thing, you’re labeled as paranoid in their book. Sad…

Last edited:
Maybe the portal works in our favor. Teams are diverting NIL to transfer players who are plug and play. Does this limit openings for upper 3 and 4 star players?

With the way other schools keep flipping 4 stars, the staff needs to live at their house and screen all their cellphone calls from other coaches. Or adjust him down to 2 stars so other coaches don't bother.

This thread is comical. We get a huge 4 star recruit, and clicking on the post I assumed no typical nitter posters would even post on it. But, reading the combo of happiness mixed with the usual negativity is hilarious. Most these posters if we didnt get a 4 star recruit would just bitch that we never get recruits and Cignetti cant recruit, or whatever. When we do get a recruit the (knee)jerk reaction is he will decommit, blah, blah... like holy sheet just be happy we are getting good recruits. i get some of you have nefarious objectives, but it is too obvious some of you are trolls.

This thread is comical. We get a huge 4 star recruit, and clicking on the post I assumed no typical nitter posters would even post on it. But, reading the combo of happiness mixed with the usual negativity is hilarious. Most these posters if we didnt get a 4 star recruit would just bitch that we never get recruits and Cignetti cant recruit, or whatever. When we do get a recruit the (knee)jerk reaction is he will decommit, blah, blah... like holy sheet just be happy we are getting good recruits. i get some of you have nefarious objectives, but it is too obvious some of you are trolls.
we didnt get him though, that's the point. If and when we "Get him" then we will all be excited..

no one is bitching about us getting him, people are questioning the false mindset that we landed him when in reality, we are 12 months away from "getting him."

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

we didnt get him though, that's the point. If and when we "Get him" then we will all be excited..

no one is bitching about us getting him, people are questioning the false mindset that we landed him when in reality, we are 12 months away from "getting him."

Why is this so hard for people to understand?
Sure we did, we got the verbal commitment. That is what the entire thread is about. Maybe read it first before making weird rebuttals?

And hard to understand? That is exactly what I am asking. A kid commits to Pitt, and a post is made about it on the Pitt Recruiting website. What is hard to understand about that? Holy crap. The false mindset, I would add, is you assuming a verbal commitment means we dont land him.

Sure we did, we got the verbal commitment. That is what the entire thread is about. Maybe read it first before making weird rebuttals?

And hard to understand? That is exactly what I am asking. A kid commits to Pitt, and a post is made about it on the Pitt Recruiting website. What is hard to understand about that? Holy crap. The false mindset, I would add, is you assuming a verbal commitment means we dont land him.
Because a non binding verbal commitment 12 months prior to LOI day is about as reliable as a car warranty from a telemarketer.

posters are upset that other posters arent celebrating a recruiting victory 12 months before it's confirmed is so ridiculous to me..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT