ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - Louisville PRIMEtime

The other obvious thing is the D knows he isn’t going to scramble out of the pocket or run which makes their job easier.He is like a cigar store Indian back there.To me Patti could at least do some good with his ability to run.
Agreed, that’s totally gone away since the Tennessee game. He outright refuses to run.
That is vital part of a QBs game, even and especially a guy like him. Is there anything more demoralizing to a defense that covers receivers perfectly and gets pressure only to see the QB slip away and get a big gainer with his feet? You often also get a frustrated late hit at the end of the play and fifteen extra yards. That’s exactly what saved Clemson ass in the Syracuse game, a penalty at the end of a QB who ran when the play broke down. If that’s Slovis he would either take the sack or throw a pick.

The backups aren’t promising alternatives but you have to try someone else.

The other obvious thing is the D knows he isn’t going to scramble out of the pocket or run which makes their job easier.He is like a cigar store Indian back there.To me Patti could at least do some good with his ability to run.

That may be true, but my post that you were quoting was about Domann, and specifically about the couple times that he completed passes when he was about to get clobbered so he just launched up balloon balls to his wide receivers thinking that they might make a play for him (or draw a penalty). The play where his receiver caught the ball clearly with a foot on the line that was somehow upheld as a catch being the specific play we were talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT