ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt / Louisville

Have to think Blake is the type of star that could help Pitt get into tourney if they are right on the cut line.

Need to win this game by 25-30 points and get that NET to go up by maybe 5-7 spots maybe from 54 to maybe high 40’s at 48 or 47.

Shoutout to Fede too.

This guy has done a complete 180 rebounding the ball the last 10 games of the season. I don't know what in the hell happened to this guy from last year to the start of this year to now, but somehow, someway, Capel has lit some type of fire under his ass. And this guy now appears to want to rebound and get after it.

Its almost incredible how a player could literally not even try to rebound during part of the season and now wants to rebound. Its like some light switch that just goes on and off with him and he had some type of depression going on with him earlier this year. Whatever it is, we have needed it badly, and its been helping in a big way.

Fede does look entirely different the past few games.
I see a quickness in his game that was missing earlier.
He's doing tonight what we need out of him every game,
and that's protecting the rim, rebounding. blocks, tips,
and put backs. Where's that been all year?

Fede does look entirely different the past few games.
I see a quickness in his game that was missing earlier.
He's doing tonight what we need out of him every game,
and that's protecting the rim, rebounding. blocks, tips,
and put backs. Where's that been all year?

The change in his defensive rebound rate from earlier this year to now is almost something like Ive never seen.

He had 7 straight games earlier this year with a defensive rebound rate of 6 or under. You have to literally not even try to rebound that poorly as a center on the defensive end. He's been over 20 on the defensive end in 6 of the last 10 games.

There was something clearly not right with him mentally earlier this year.

Even though we beat an awful team, with its two best players missing, metrics should love this. Win by 27 points, 21 of the opponents' points came from the FT line.

Even though we beat an awful team, with its two best players missing, metrics should love this. Win by 27 points, 21 of the opponents' points came from the FT line.
Yea it was good to hear Josh Pastner talking about how important it was that Pitt win this game by a big margin since the NET really looks at the blowout wins. I expect Pitt’s NET will go up from 54 to at least 50 maybe even 47-49.

Yea it was good to hear Josh Pastner talking about how important it was that Pitt win this game by a big margin since the NET really looks at the blowout wins. I expect Pitt’s NET will go up from 54 to at least 50 maybe even 47-49.
They will move up 2 or 3, at most. Will jump Butler and South Carolina because they lost today. Pitt won't get a ton of computer credit for beating a bad team at home. They could move up a few more after Sunday's action if a few teams help them out.

The confidence level with our players right now is sky high.
You can see it not only in their play, but also how they carry
themselves and in their demeanor. This was a game they seemed
to know they'd win, and as the game wore on they took it to
Louisville as if it were what they expected. Some tough games
coming up, even the BC game is no gimmie.

College basketball continues its slow descent toward becoming Olympic figure skating.

Reactions: upj87 and Fredact
Jim Boeheim on ACC Network after saying he thinks Pitt is definitely in the tournament and says the committee really focuses on road wins and the wins they have at Duke and Virginia and even NC State will really help them out over other teams currently on the bubble with them.

They will move up 2 or 3, at most. Will jump Butler and South Carolina because they lost today. Pitt won't get a ton of computer credit for beating a bad team at home. They could move up a few more after Sunday's action if a few teams help them out.
I’ll say they will move up 5 to 49. I think winning by 27 will help them move up an extra spot or two.

Reactions: FireballZ
The change in his defensive rebound rate from earlier this year to now is almost something like Ive never seen.

He had 7 straight games earlier this year with a defensive rebound rate of 6 or under. You have to literally not even try to rebound that poorly as a center on the defensive end. He's been over 20 on the defensive end in 6 of the last 10 games.

He has made noticeable improvement in several areas. The thing I like most is he appears dialed in. It is like his basketball IQ went up 30 points in the last few weeks. The truest test is coming up Tuesday though. Will he be more effective against Efton Reid?? I want to see him use that IQ. Front him at times, play behind him at times, body him up, and when he trys to bully his way and he feels him, drop and draw the charge. We need him to show up huge on the defensive end on Tuesday.

The until now Pitt secret was that there’s not 1, but actually 2 sets of twin big men on the team. We all knew of the Diaz-Graham twins but few knew of Federiko and his twin brother Frederiko Federiko.

Zack had some big hustle ball save plays that led to some key threes. He rarely takes bad shots. If he could shoot at a higher percentage, like he has in the past, that would be big for this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT