ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt needs a famous fan

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Keegan-Michael Key impersonating James Franklin. I wished I wouldn't have seen this though as I am a fan of Key's but didn't realize he has a grad degree from PSU and is a big fan. I hope I can get past that.

Who are our most famous Pitt grads (not counting athletes or businessmen like Pat Croce, Art Rooney, David Tepper, etc)

Gene Kelly, Mark Cuban, Dick Thornburgh, Matt Bloom, Mark May, Joe Manganiello, Edgar Snyder, Alaska Thunderf***... to name a few that could turn heads

Gene Kelly, Mark Cuban, Dick Thornburgh, Matt Bloom, Mark May, Joe Manganiello, Edgar Snyder, Alaska Thunderf***... to name a few that could turn heads

Neither Cuban nor Manganiello are alums.

As for Gene Kelly, is he alive? I meant people who were alive.

That is a pretty sad list. I am looking for "famous" alums. Edgar Snyder is famous locally. I honestly have no idea who Matt Bloom is so he cant be famous.

140924141552-james-traficant-story-top.png

traf1.jpg

Michael Douglas, not that Michael douglas, Michael Douglas, aka Michael Keaton. How about him, Dennis Miller, the old short lady from Poltergeist, all leading our team out of the tunnel against psu this fall?

Oh, and the dude from Urban Cowboy, not john Travolta but this guy? He can be there too but only if he wears this see thru shirt..

Reactions: kramerica415
Michael Douglas, not that Michael douglas, Michael Douglas, aka Michael Keaton. How about him, Dennis Miller, the old short lady from Poltergeist, all leading our team out of the tunnel against psu this fall?

Oh, and the dude from Urban Cowboy, not john Travolta but this guy? He can be there too but only if he wears this see thru shirt..

Scott Glenn.
Born in pgh. attended William & Mary according to wikipedia

Scott Glenn.
Born in pgh. attended William & Mary according to wikipedia
he's a bad dude in all seriousness, great actor. For some weird reason, every time I think of him though, I envision him shirtless with great abs. not saying it turns me on, not saying it doesn't.

When Johnny Majors was the head coach (at least during his first Pitt go-round), we often saw actor Lee Majors (a/k/a "The Six Million Dollar Man") on the sidelines. He's not a Pitt alumnus, but he took the idea for his last name as a tribute to Johnny.

SMF has goofy ideas...then he has some real doozy ones....

Then he has some that are brilliant and this is one of them.

You are 100% correct in the need and the lack thereof of this.

And believe it or not, the solution is right under our noses.

Juju.

He is buds with Conner. He has been to multiple football and basketball games. He has a social media platform established. If I am pitt, he's on my sidelines whenever the Steelers are home.

Juju.

He is buds with Conner. He has been to multiple football and basketball games. He has a social media platform established. If I am pitt, he's on my sidelines whenever the Steelers are home.
Juju
Lol

SMF is looking for Bill Gates not some Stiller who could buy a couple seats at Heinz..
looking for somebody to finance the 2 man clown show Unicorn dream of a stadium in the slums of Oakland.

Even though The Boss said it ain’t even being thunked about.
And just for sh!t and giggles she put it off at least 10 yrs!!!!!

LMAO

Juju.

Juju
Lol

SMF is looking for Bill Gates not some Stiller who could buy a couple seats at Heinz..
looking for somebody to finance the 2 man clown show Unicorn dream of a stadium in the slums of Oakland.

Even though The Boss said it ain’t even being thunked about.
And just for sh!t and giggles she put it off at least 10 yrs!!!!!

LMAO

Bill Gates would be nice but Pitt has incredibly low number of famous non-athlete, non-business, non-politician alums/fans. Pop-culture, I'm talking about. Still, I'm asking who is the most famous? Survivor winner Jenna Morasca who was barely famous for a year or 2 15 years ago? Is that it? Cant be.

Our best "mascot" ever was Tiger Paul Auslander. I don't think he was a grad, but was very successful running a news stand and a book at the same time. So good he ended up in Vegas.

I'd rather have famous NFL alumni in the HOF. Famous fans don't matter unless they have deep pockets and contribute.

Reactions: Mikefln
I'm envisioning him trip or crap his pants ala Key/Peele.
Otherwise dewdroppy.

Dude on my dorm floor named Larry Lindholm.

Guy went to the triangle bar in Swissvale around 6pm.....came back with 6 battleships.

By 9pm that night, The guys on our floor split 4 ships, Larry crushed the 2 others.

2 whole ships in less than 3 hours.

Larry remains famous today

Fight Comedy Star with Comedy Star. Since Key is an actual CULT Member, PITT should get Peele(give him an honorary degree or make him a Visiting Faculty Member in the Drama Department), as he came up with the funny Skit on Names of College Football Players. Also, with Peele on Team PITT, we can tell all CULT Members to 'Get Out' during the Game at Heinz Field this September or warn fellow PITT Fans to 'Get Out' of Creepy Valley, if they decide to attend the Game there next year.

Also, Comedian, Anthony Jeselnik is from Pittsburgh, although he did not attend PITT, and he uses very dark insult comedy that includes jokes on children, that might cross the line for some people, but nothing he has ever made a joke about is worse than prioritizing College Football to Cover Up Children being sexually assaulted and fraternity members covering up deaths of their own 'brother'. Jeselnik has been one of the top funniest comedians in recent Comedy Central Roasts of Celebrities. Hope he will be doing the Bruce Willis Roast this Summer.

Bill Gates would be nice but Pitt has incredibly low number of famous non-athlete, non-business, non-politician alums/fans. Pop-culture, I'm talking about. Still, I'm asking who is the most famous? Survivor winner Jenna Morasca who was barely famous for a year or 2 15 years ago? Is that it? Cant be.

Wasn't Morasca just busted for like Crack or Meth or something like that? She has fell on some pretty bad times.

One thing, Outside of sports figures and some business figures, Pitt has pretty weak as far as the fame aspect of producing alumni.

Michael Chabon, but I mean he doesn't really appeal to sports fans would he? How many on here even know who he is?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT