ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt now with 7 4-star recruits as Hayes gets upgraded

If nothing else, it's the first signs that program stability is paying some dividends. No matter how you feel about Narduzzi and his staff, the stability helps recruiting.

This recruiting class may do more than any win against Duke or even UCF to help him get another extension, rightly or wrongly.

Reactions: pittdan77
This recruiting class may do more than any win against Duke or even UCF to help him get another extension, rightly or wrongly.

As much as I don't want to say this, a mediocre staff that allows the program to gain a foothold is valuable right now. Don't take that as my final judgement of Narduzzi. It's just a fair assessment of his body of work, so far. The general sense is that he has things moving the right direction at the moment. If he took Pitt from a regular 6-8 win program to a 8-9 win program, maybe even sniff ten wins, I can't imagine they wouldn't extend him.

As much as I don't want to say this, a mediocre staff that allows the program to gain a foothold is valuable right now. Don't take that as my final judgement of Narduzzi. It's just a fair assessment of his body of work, so far. The general sense is that he has things moving the right direction at the moment. If he took Pitt from a regular 6-8 win program to a 8-9 win program, maybe even sniff ten wins, I can't imagine they wouldn't extend him.
And realistically speaking that would be a very successful tenure. We’d all love for Heinz to be packed, and for us to win 11 or more games every year. But unfortunately, neither is going to happen in today’s college football world.

And realistically speaking that would be a very successful tenure. We’d all love for Heinz to be packed, and for us to win 11 or more games every year. But unfortunately, neither is going to happen in today’s college football world.

I do believe that Pitt could have the kind of success that Wisconsin has enjoyed without changing too much. The ACC is waiting for someone to step up and be that other team. We'll see. Pitt has to walk before it runs.

Exactly... if the lowly recruiting could ever land a 4-star QB recruit to add to the mix of 3-star QB’s... oh wait, never mind.

DUZZ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM COMING TO PITT, an X PITT COACH was the reason, god blow the guy any chance you get! Yes, I know this for a fact, as I sat with the coach at the Wake game last year., and the recruits family. So keep shilling

The game winning play in the duke win was a microcosm if what I’d like to see more. Of course the play that worked, i liked. He has skill sets that a good and inventive OC should love.

the wr recruit from Florida, the bigger one. I’m predicting him to move to defense. I’m calling it now so if it happens, I get credit for it. Henningham to defense. Hey @mjf313, I said it.

Nope no credit haha. Clearly you read the article about him where he said PN likes him on D as a big physical corner. Plus he looks better on D in his videos.

DUZZ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM COMING TO PITT, an X PITT COACH was the reason, god blow the guy any chance you get! Yes, I know this for a fact, as I sat with the coach at the Wake game last year., and the recruits family. So keep shilling
He managed to keep him committed. Transfers happen all the time, and this player could have done so as well.

couple nice wrs with some impressive offers. 2 Rbs that look like they are tearing it up in high school too. but no guarantees, such is life..

Hayes is defitely a future DT, right? Can i hope for a nice sized DE or should i just go ahead and accept the inevitable?

I would be surprised if he was a DT. He is not the 250 this site says he is. This summer he said he was 235. With his speed and pass rushing abilities he should stay at DE. This year he actually played a lot of MLB and you can see how well he runs on his video.

And we do have some DEs with good size in Jones, Alexander, Weaver etc.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I agree on the need to recruit some playmakers on offense. Why don’t they line up V’Lique Carter at slot and throw to him? I would love to see what the kid can do in the open field.
I like him better on wheel routes....run by the LB while a safety is covering a slot WR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT