ADVERTISEMENT

PITT playing in the Bronx is ridiculous

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
I can't think of a game I would least like to go to. Cuse fans will not be there....rooms will be $450/night....sight lines are horrible....pain the neck to get there.....EVERYTHING is overpriced. I'd rather play in Miami.

I think the chances of something bad happening to a Pitt fan visiting a 2023 away game are much greater in the "backyard" only a few miles down the road in Morgantown, West Virginia than they are in the NYC metropolis.
It does appear that you haven't been watching the news for the last year. NYC is a mess right now. I don't think that Batman and Robin would feel safe in NYC right now. There is no way that Morgantown can be safer then NYC.

Reactions: Shomeydamonee
It does appear that you haven't been watching the news for the last year. NYC is a mess right now. I don't think that Batman and Robin would feel safe in NYC right now. There is no way that Morgantown can be safer then NYC.

Do you realize how small of a chance there is that you will be murdered in NYC during the 48 or so hours you are there? As in any big city, the vast majority of murders are targeted. How many tourists are murdered in NYC per year? 1? 2? 0?

Reactions: Pitt79
Beer was $19 when went to Pinstripe. That was before this insane inflation of the past year.

are you guys really worried about our players getting murdered before the syracuse game at yankee stadium? That's hilarious. i thought we were just complaining cause it's on a baseball field.

Reactions: xslfyk4 and DruidTM
The reality is that this is Syracuse's home game to do what they want with it.

For Pitt, its a great deal. You basically get a more neutral and way less loud setting than playing in the dome, in better proximity to the alumni base, with more of a spotlight on the game than it otherwise would have. Pitt should have jumped all over agreeing to this, and I'm sure they did.

Last edited:
I was in NYC in late October. Walked everywhere or took the subway. I never felt in danger.

I can tell you I am a little concerned about my safety going to work every day in downtown Pittsburgh, where someone was shot midday a couple weeks ago.

I was in NYC in late October. Walked everywhere or took the subway. I never felt in danger.

I can tell you I am a little concerned about my safety going to work every day in downtown Pittsburgh, where someone was shot midday a couple weeks ago.
did you get any pizza and if so, how was it?

Reactions: Parkview57

For Pitt, its a great deal. You basically get a more neutral and way less loud setting than playing in the dome, in better proximity to the alumni base, with more of a spotlight on the game than it otherwise would have. Pitt should have jumped all over agreeing to this, and I'm sure they did.
Actually Paco.....it is not the case. A team cannot a neutral site game without the approval of the visiting team. I am disappointed PITT chose to play in this game as our traveling and lodging expenses likely tripled. There is zero financial benefit to PITT playing a game in NYC......We are actually losing money on this.

Actually Paco.....it is not the case. A team cannot a neutral site game without the approval of the visiting team. I am disappointed PITT chose to play in this game as our traveling and lodging expenses likely tripled. There is zero financial benefit to PITT playing a game in NYC......We are actually losing money on this.
How much do you suppose we make on a road game to Syracuse ?
You’re being stupid

I can't think of a game I would least like to go to. Cuse fans will not be there....rooms will be $450/night....sight lines are horrible....pain the neck to get there.....EVERYTHING is overpriced. I'd rather play in Miami.
It’s Syracuse’s home game. Pitt has NOTHING to do with it.

See it the same way. If any group should be upset, it’s the ‘Cuse students, plus the fans who travel to their home games from closer proximity to Syracuse. They are essentially losing a “home” game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge. Excellent.

But overall, the obsession with NYC is silly. There are many great things to see/do wherever you live. It's whether you make the most of them.
I certainly wouldn’t go there just to eat -
But will give them Brooklyn pizza is superior to anything else I’ve had .

It doesn’t appear you actually understand statistics or facts -
But cable news appreciates your patronage

are you guys really worried about our players getting murdered before the syracuse game at yankee stadium? That's hilarious. i thought we were just complaining cause it's on a baseball field.
I mean you’re literally a guy who thinks the Target on Penn Ave is hell on earth -
So it’s pretty clear detachment from reality is common among your comrades

Reactions: DruidTM
I mean you’re literally a guy who thinks the Target on Penn Ave is hell on earth -
So it’s pretty clear detachment from reality is common among your comrades
lol, oh stop being so dramatic. no one said it's hell on earth. crappy area but not hell on earth..

I did say the shakespeare Giant eagle is close to hell on earth but admittedly i havent been there in awhile (thank the lord, if i ever have to go there again, that means something went terribly wrong in my life) so maybe they fixed it up..

i said walmart and target are one and the same and for some weird reason, it offended people..

Reactions: xslfyk4

So the sole reason you are upset is because we are going to spend $50K more on food and lodging for this trip? Its basically an in-season Pinstripe Bowl. Even for fans not attending, its a cool storyline and a reason to watch. And there will be several thousand more Pitt fans in attendance than if the game was in Syracuse.

Indeed. For the visiting team this is the best scenario ever

Reactions: Bubby6
I certainly wouldn’t go there just to eat -
But will give them Brooklyn pizza is superior to anything else I’ve had .

Best pizza; IMO, is NYC...if you like NY style pizza, which is my favorite. I like foldable, floppy, greasy pizza.

I spent one trip in NYC just going to as many dollar slice joints as I could. Quality varies quite a bit as you could imagine, but then again, on average, NYC pizza is the best for me. And my philosophy is, if you can't make a good plain cheese pizza...get those ingredients right: sauce, cheese, and dough...then there is no topping or extras that can hide your inability to make a good pizza. San Francisco, for instance, couldn't find a good pizza to save your life; only about dumping toppings on a bad pizza there.

The notoriety is partly due to the NYC water they make the dough out of.

Just like the best cheesesteaks are in Philly. Gotta have the Amoroso rolls.

I'd worry more about Cignetti and Jerk scoring more points than the Yankees normally do, then the cost and safety of NYC.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Parkview57
The secret to NYC pizza is that the slice turnover is high, meaning that it's hot and fresh when you eat it, instead if sitting.

Instead of hearing about Dinosaur BBQ......you have to listen to the non-sense that NYC has the best pizza.
It's not like you're going to be hanging out with NYC Pizza guys, it's no different than being in The Burgh and everyone telling you how great Primanti's sandwiches are.

You'e scared of everything, you're probably one of those people that needs an AR15 to feel safe in Giant Eagle :)

tell them you are in this country illegally and you'll get free hotel rooms in NY City..

you are welcome..
I know a guy from Republic of Georgia, former Soviet Republic, just moved to the USA, he has a sister that is helping him. I love what this guy did, he would never get permission to come here from his country, so he flew to Mexico City and paid someone to help him walk across the border and now he's here, LOL love it, I wonder if all the border advocates screaming to let everyone in are happy a white guy from Europe came that way? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT