ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt plus the points

As much I hate it I'm not feeling it, going to get waxed again Saturday. Nard lost this team, no desire to fight/play for him any longer. Feel we are going to see some of our favorite guys hit the portal.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ and Jim Z
No, I have never had less of a feel for a Pitt team. I thought we would pound VT... we did not. I thought we would pound Wake... we did not. Both games were the only ones I lost in multi-game parlays. I also live-bet Louisville -10.5 after watching the first drive and thinking that one would get ugly. Another Pitt loss. Just call me FireballZ.

I could see anything from us coming out ridiculously inspired and making it close to their talent being clearly too much early on and us completely quitting. My gut tells me we will show some fight, but it's possible to do that and still be completely outmatched and lose like 41-17 on something late or something. VT showed a little fight against them and lost by 22.

No, I have never had less of a feel for a Pitt team. I thought we would pound VT... we did not. I thought we would pound Wake... we did not. Both games were the only ones I lost in multi-game parlays. I also live-bet Louisville -10.5 after watching the first drive and thinking that one would get ugly. Another Pitt loss. Just call me FireballZ.

I could see anything from us coming out ridiculously inspired and making it close to their talent being clearly too much early on and us completely quitting. My gut tells me we will show some fight, but it's possible to do that and still be completely outmatched and lose like 41-17 on something late or something. VT showed a little fight against them and lost by 22.
I thought last week was a good spot for them + the points. I have no idea if they will cover, but I thought the line would move more. Maybe they catch FSU looking ahead to Miami. Too many unknowns to touch this game.

I know it's hard to envision after last week, but Pitt has historically played up in these types of games. I'm sure a big spread is very tempting as well. If Duzz's comments lost some of the team though, all bets are off.

We cannot score. We won't get to the 20s, maybe not the 10s. So can the D step and hold them down enough so we lose 27-10? That's the question.

Reactions: jctrack
I thought last week was a good spot for them + the points. I have no idea if they will cover, but I thought the line would move more. Maybe they catch FSU looking ahead to Miami. Too many unknowns to touch this game.

Yeah, I'm not touching it. I see us coming out inspired, but inspiration ain't gonna block Jared Verse.

This game will be over at the 10:00 minute mark of the second quarter. The Doozer can accept the blame because it’s actually all of his fault.

Back to back losses of 40 points or more will be the story that the Doozer has to live with either as our head coach in 2024 or some other teams defensive coordinator.

How will they be decimated in the portal? Who are they going to lose that can't be replaced? There's only a handful of guys that fit that criteria, and it's unlikely they lose more than a couple.

It doesn't have anything to do with quality. It's about quantity when I say decimated. That's what that means. Yes, the players they will lose are replaceable merely because they're not that good, and this staff has shown they don't have the ability to replace with quality players. They could lose 20 or more to the portal if Narduzzi and his staff keep this up.

Yeah, I'm not touching it. I see us coming out inspired, but inspiration ain't gonna block Jared Verse.

I think they'll come out of the tunnel rather uninspired and not psyched up at all. Unfortunately, this is what happens to a team that is looking at no more wins the rest of the year, and they know it.

Doubling down. Pitt over 13.5 points. FSU doesn't play D like ND and is disinterested at times against bad teams, briefly letting them back into games before pulling away again.

Anyone here got this feeling?

For some reason I think Pitt covers Saturday
Normally I'd agree with you, but this years Pitt football team is done. It has been done since probably the 3rd game of the year. As nice as a Pitt upset would be Saturday, it would do little to get back the fan interest/support that the cignetti-jurkovec experiment has taken away from the program this year. Florida State will win comfortably, FSU 48- Pitt 13.

If there is one thing that gives me any hope for the offense this week it's that the best the OLine has performed this year was vs. Louisville while breaking in some younger guys into the lineup at home.

This was followed up by two road games where an abundance of false start penalties contributed significantly to quickly killing several offensive possessions.

I'm hoping being at home, where the crowd will be quiet on offense will help reign in the penalties and give a result closer to what was seen vs. Louisville.

If you put a gun to my head and made me bet the game I would take FSU minus the points; but I'm hopeful that Pitt can show enough signs of life on offense to cover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT