ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt TBT thread

Who was O for yellow? Was 5 Leggett? Also, any footage of Dior?

Last edited:
Who was O for yellow? Was 5 Leggett? Also, any footage of Dior?
The program isn’t putting Dior footage in their social media posts right now. Dior usually puts a bunch of clips on his own personal Instagram…which, funnily enough, has more than 10x the number of followers than the Pitt basketball account has.

I thought Blair was on this team? Just assumed this since I saw him participate in that scrimmage at The Pete. I least I thought I did…
He’s coaching them. You saw him at the scrimmage, but I don’t think he was playing in it.

The program isn’t putting Dior footage in their social media posts right now. Dior usually puts a bunch of clips on his own personal Instagram…which, funnily enough, has more than 10x the number of followers than the Pitt basketball account has.

He hasnt posted anything new since his suspension. I was wondering why they werent showing Dior in these clips. I think I saw him once, getting taken to the basket off a screen by Carrington

He hasnt posted anything new since his suspension. I was wondering why they werent showing Dior in these clips. I think I saw him once, getting taken to the basket off a screen by Carrington
He posts them on his Instagram stories, he doesn’t make them into posts. They expire after 24 hours.

Anyone got the bootleg stream of this?Best Virginia up 1 on DuBois Dream at half

Pitt to follow.

Saw Huggy made an appearance

Espn and TBT had that game rigged to all hell.

All time worst jump ball call when Mike Weathers went for the win. Could have been called a foul, okay with it not being a foul.

Stevenson gets the reb falls on the ball. So it’s either a travel or play on. Lays injured and doesn’t come out of the game. Proceeds to hit the Elam ending

They had a target score of 70 for some reason .
They set a target score under 4 minutes.

Zoo Crew has some sweet unis.
Not a good start.
9-0 bad guys.

I loved what Elliot did for Pitt this year, but he is only useful with that many minutes if he is taking threes. Bad coaching to play him so much.

No part of that game was fun. If they’re going to run it back need to get younger and absolutely need a post presence

To bad we have stallings years and the first capel years with no good players. Most transferred out

No part of that game was fun. If they’re going to run it back need to get younger and absolutely need a post presence

Still thought it was a lot of fun but I'd probably pay to watch Fields play at the Y. Its a little sad to see these guys getting older and in the twilight of their pro careers (or retired in some cases) as they were almost like superheros for some of us. Time stops for no man. But, it was still great to see some glimpses last night. 2 Sam Young pump fakes. Levance still slicing people up a few times and finishing. Derek Cooke from Wyoming played in Italy last season and will be in Germany this year and was too much for McGhee and Zanna underneath.

It wasnt really a Marshall alum team as it was a team that had Jon Elmore and a some Marshall guys but the best players didnt go to Marshall. I didnt research this team until after but they still have guys playing at higher levels than our guys. Rob Gray from Houston was unstoppable. He plays in Turkey, which is a Top 6-8 league in the world. JP Tokoto played at North Carolina and plays in Israel, a decent league. Jacorey Williams played at MTSU and was in Italy last year. The 2 Marshall players who were any good (Elmore and Williams) had good seasons in the G-league last year, which you can argue is the 2nd best league in the world. Besides those 2, 2023 grad was the only other Marshall player who scored and he had 4. So, yea, a good team but not a Marshall team.

I would have liked to hear about what happened with Gueye, Sibande, and Luther. Its complicated with how some of these pro contracts work. Perhaps they signed something late. But then the 2 Marshall G leaguers were playing so....but those 3 would have made a huge difference.

Having said all this, the main difference was something that plagued this program from Dixon 2 to Capel 1. No paint presence offensively or defensively. McGhee and Zanna were both good players at Pitt but neither were good at all yesterday despite both looking to be in rather good shape. And if we are only using Pitt alums (which I agree with), there aint many others you can call. Tyrone Haughton, Joe Uchebo, and Rozelle Nix wouldn't have helped.

I thought Newkirk got too many minutes. He looked the same as he was at Pitt in that he looks like a guy who can do something but just doesnt give you positive minutes. Seems like a guy who would be good in practice drills but just isnt good at playing in games. I would have went

PG - Cummings/Fields
SG - Artis
SF - Elliot
PF - Young
C - McGhee/Zanna

Newkirk and GB with token minutes (which is what GB did anyway but he looked like he can still play)

I wished, though, that they would make this truly an alumni tournament, and set it up like a FIBA tournament where you have group play and then a knockout round. A round-robin group of Pitt, WVU, PSU, Ohio State, etc would be a lot of fun.

Jon Elmore is an NBA player offensively. Always has been. Dude is just a bucket. Was a pleasure watching his career first hand every game.

Jon Elmore is an NBA player offensively. Always has been. Dude is just a bucket. Was a pleasure watching his career first hand every game.

Surprised he hasnt made it yet. Thought he'd be on a roster for a little bit. 10 a game in the G League is nothing to sneeze at. He did look out of shape for a guy playing major pro basketball but maybe that's misleading due to how old he looks in the face/head. He wasnt really looking for his shot last night which I didnt understand. I felt like he could have had 30-40 if he did but they won so I guess the plan worked.

Cummings was awful last night.
Hopefully Dior will be an upgrade this season.

The ? with Dior has always been if he will be on the team and for how long. If he stays with the team the whole season, one would expect him to be similar to Judah Mintz, hopefully more efficient and less selfish.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
It was good to see the current Pitt guys there supporting the alums. And I'm glad the team bus they came in on made it back from WV safely.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT