ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Track 2022 Thread

CMUandPitt

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2008
I'll update it as it goes. Not much to report so far.

Wolter and Lauray are both back, although the latter hasn't opened yet.

Team looks to be pretty well far back, I'd expect no better than 10th at conference. Wolter likely our only shot at A-A.

My opinion is that, yes, not having facilities is really tough for recruiting and training. But I don't think that's the whole story -- this is an underperforming squad even beyond that, and further, they don't have an identity. You can tread water by focusing your limited scholarships in certain areas, but this staff hasn't done that.

The team does have two interesting newcomers: Clement Campbell, a junior transfer from Arkansas-Pine Bluff has international experience at the Junior level and has the potential to be a high-placer at conference in the jumps. The other is Nigel Hussey, a sprinter from Georgia who has 10.3-10.4 potential and would surely help in the relays as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
It seemed like the XC team made a pretty decent step forward in the fall - is that not translating to the track circuit?

It seemed like the XC team made a pretty decent step forward in the fall - is that not translating to the track circuit?

Too early to tell. I'm not as sharp on the distance side but my guess is that the periodization of their training peaked at the conference XC meet and will ramp up again in a month or two. In the meantime a lot of the top guys either haven't opened or are running off distances to either get speed or strength work in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT