ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Duke Predictions

May 21, 2010
I am going to preface my pick by referencing our 2 top RBs being out of this game will have an affect on the outcome!

Duke - 23
Pitt - 20

Last edited:
If the game were in Pittsburgh I would take Pitt. On the road I go with Duke 38-35.

Pitt doesn’t have a top RB let alone 2 top RB; hard to believe how ineffective their run game is as a unit. I think that Pitt’s receivers and defense carry them to victory:

Pitt 20 (missed PAT)
Duke 16

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Well Jerry D said Pitt 5-15 in last 20 on road, Duke gashed Pitt last year and PN says this Duke team better.

Well Jerry D said Pitt 5-15 in last 20 on road, Duke gashed Pitt last year and PN says this Duke team better.

Sportswriters are good at describing what’s already happened, but they are absolutely clueless at predicting what will happen next.

I’ve never seen a sportswriter that was anything but hapless when it came to picking winners.

I got Pitt for 3 reasons. 1. They are still pissed about all the points they let up last year. 2. I actually all of those "banged up" guys could have played last week, but didn't to get healthy for this one. 3. I think they have been game planning for Duke for 2 weeks. Last week was like a spring game game plan. Hope I'm right. 21-13

Reactions: JSSTartan
I predicted Duke to win the coastal this year. I think they are really tough and the QB is great. However, I never expected this kind of defensive pressure with Camp and Weaver out. I'm going with the same prediction for the rest of the year if l Pitt scores 28 they win and if they don't they lose...

Just heard that AJ is a game time decision and Vincent is out for this game. I am going to go with AJ playing and I really like his running style so I am going to update my prediction. AJ turns one of the field goals into a TD sooooo

Pitt - 24
Duke - 23

Just heard that AJ is a game time decision and Vincent is out for this game. I am going to go with AJ playing and I really like his running style so I am going to update my prediction. AJ turns one of the field goals into a TD sooooo

Pitt - 24
Duke - 23

I’ll take it. I know most of us like Vincent (I do) but for those calling for him to be an every down back...at his size it would be hard to stay healthy. I bet the kid is 165 soaking wet. Hopefully AJ, Sibley and Carter can provide some ground game. But the key will be if KP is fully healthy. With our new OC KP, Mack and Ffrench are the main weapons. The OL has to give KP time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT