ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Illinois Sunday at 6PM

Finn get the escape point to end the second. Webster escapes to start the third but Solomon quickly takes him down. Webster escapes again. 12-11 Solomon

Y’all know much more than me, is this now something in Cole’s head. Seems like he is his own worst enemy at this point?
Maybe. I dont think he is wrestling any less confidently, but this kind of a run can take a toll on anyone. He just needs to get a few wins under his belt

Maybe. I dont think he is wrestling any less confidently, but this kind of a run can take a toll on anyone. He just needs to get a few wins under his belt
Thanks for this! How did Keslar look?

Yes, confidence and wins absolutely go hand in hand. Let’s hope Cole finds his quickly.

Reactions: persp
In Cole's defense, he looked pissed once he went down. I'm relieved to know it's not an effort thing and it's definitely not a talent thing. It's weird - he's strong & he's quick - things you need to be a scorer. I think it's the mindset that's lacking.

If Luca doesn't make the leap to All-American in his career it won't be because of the coaches. Wentzel especially loves that kid and you can tell he's made it his personal mission to max out Luca's ability. Hot take: Wentzel will be a HC somewhere within five years.

The Illinois twins went 2-0 tonight against the home state school. They're worth the price of admission every time, even if Holden almost rolled himself into a pin.

Name the last dual where we had two guys rally from 6 points down. Props to Holden & Finn for fighting back. I never doubted Holden would come back. We might just have a 149 pounder, folks.

I love the culture of this program right now. A guy loses and there's three guys telling him keep his head up. Pitzer, especially, is an awesome teammate - he seeks guys out and engages. Cole was the loudest one in the building during Mac's match. Nino over there on the side dispensing knowledge & support in equal measure. Meech was the loudest in the building for Camacho's match.

By the way that was NOT webster. it was jake harrier, which makes the win a little less impressive. still a great comeback
He did gave up takedown and got caught trying to force reversal vs just escaping but , you may have missed, he completely controlled the scoring and the match from that point on. 12-4.. and cut him for 2 of those 4 points.. ..maybe stupid to get caught forcing reversal ..but that match is not close if he doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: wrestlingfan22
In Cole's defense, he looked pissed once he went down. I'm relieved to know it's not an effort thing and it's definitely not a talent thing. It's weird - he's strong & he's quick - things you need to be a scorer. I think it's the mindset that's lacking.

If Luca doesn't make the leap to All-American in his career it won't be because of the coaches. Wentzel especially loves that kid and you can tell he's made it his personal mission to max out Luca's ability. Hot take: Wentzel will be a HC somewhere within five years.

The Illinois twins went 2-0 tonight against the home state school. They're worth the price of admission every time, even if Holden almost rolled himself into a pin.

Name the last dual where we had two guys rally from 6 points down. Props to Holden & Finn for fighting back. I never doubted Holden would come back. We might just have a 149 pounder, folks.

I love the culture of this program right now. A guy loses and there's three guys telling him keep his head up. Pitzer, especially, is an awesome teammate - he seeks guys out and engages. Cole was the loudest one in the building during Mac's match. Nino over there on the side dispensing knowledge & support in equal measure. Meech was the loudest in the building for Camacho's match.

Bummed I missed the match. Was stuck behind an accident for an hour on way to match. Watched half of it on my phone.

Great to hear the comments about the team culture and supporting each other.

Would be great to see Wentzel as HC! Always remember his match against Mekhi Lewis as one of my favorites.

Bummed I missed the match. Was stuck behind an accident for an hour on way to match. Watched half of it on my phone.

Great to hear the comments about the team culture and supporting each other.

Would be great to see Wentzel as HC! Always remember his match against Mekhi Lewis as one of my favorites.
Replay is on WatchESPN

He did gave up takedown and got caught trying to force reversal vs just escaping but , you may have missed, he completely controlled the scoring and the match from that point on. 12-4.. and cut him for 2 of those 4 points.. ..maybe stupid to get caught forcing reversal ..but that match is not close if he doesn't.
I agree he completely dominated after going down 7-0 but that is a kid I would expect him to dominate the whole match, and not have to rely on the huge comeback

Reactions: Chaos
I thought Keslar and Cole were the only 2 who didn’t look very good tonight. Keslar started too late and Cole tried some shots, but they looked half hearted to me.
Keslar also had to be the first off the scale tonight and it looked to me as if he may not have had the best cut, so that could have been a reason why he didn't look his best

Reactions: persp
I hope Cole does get it figured out cause he has a freight train coming in Mendes. Kid has been dominating everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT