ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs IU Gameday!

ThePanthers

Head Coach
May 4, 2009
Pretty excited for this evening. I think this is going to be a 50/50 shot with the winner being the favorite to win it all. Proud of this team regardless, but hoping for the win!!!!

Pretty excited for this evening. I think this is going to be a 50/50 shot with the winner being the favorite to win it all. Proud of this team regardless, but hoping for the win!!!!
I would say 60/40 Pitt but at this point, anyone you play can beat you.

I think a key for Pitt is getting an early goal. IU hasnt played anyone and we're the best team they've played by a mile. I would come out full tilt and really push for a goal and not allow IU to settle into the game.

I’m going to a party tonight hosted by a former player who has an outdoor area lakeside with a big screen. He’s a guy who went to war in the 80’s over at the hartwood acres field. I’m sure he never thought this day would come. I’m happy for everyone who loves this university. H2P!

Dude. We are controlling the game and had 2 or 3 really good opportunities. We need to score first though because it just feels like lady luck is on ius side right now.

Indiana had zero periods of sustained pressure on offense. They had three half chances, two of them that almost always end up the way theirs did — with a turnover.

We really dominated the first half. But, without a goal to show for it. Petkovich should have buried that one. They are overplaying our right side. But, we haven’t gotten anything out of Decker or Bailey to take advantage of it.

I’m not confident. But, I’m feeling like we should win.

Indiana's coach seems pleased with the way that first half played out.

I can't imagine what game he was watching. Unless he's simply pleased that they aren't down a goal or two.

Reactions: WeaverIsComing
Indiana's coach seems pleased with the way that first half played out.

I can't imagine what game he was watching. Unless he's simply pleased that they aren't down a goal or two.
They are playing for a 1-0 win on somewhat of a lucky goal and in soccer, that happens quite a bit.

Saw that coming from a mile away. Dominate the entire game. 3 balls literally on the line. And then iu gets their one chance and it counts.

Reactions: johnsbe3
Can’t help but wonder having an All-American level striker in Kizza is what could have separated this team from being a national semifinalist to a champion...though it’s a massive credit to the boys that they lost an All-American type of kid and STILL were dominant for most of a national semifinal.

Tons of respect for Pitt from this Hoosier fan. Soccer is a cruel game and 1 goal against the run of play often is the difference. Pitt was the better team, but IU has found ways to win like that all tournament. No doubt your program will continue to grow and be a force in the ACC and nationally.

I enjoyed the chatting with some of you this week-all but 1 of you anyway. Thanks for allowing to hang out! Best wishes to all-even smf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT