ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miss St game thread

Impressive to have the lead. Need to rebound better. Although not sure it's realistic. But to have lead with Burton on bench and no fede. I'll take it

Gotta get Hinson more involved in the 2nd half. He only took one three point shot and that was the 4 point play he got early in the game. He has to be more involved and given more looks. Burton needs to play the entire 2nd half. He should be fresh and should provide a spark with him out there the entire half.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
We might be better off trying to push them towards the Giannis/KD route of being a point forward with their shooting.

I never thought either would be asked to play like what we are asking from 25, although necessity factors into that equation. As frustrating as they are tonight, these guys would have barely been sniffing the court until year three under Dixon.

It's really going to come down to one simple point. We need to shoot well. Both from 3 and the FT line. We're not going to rebound well. We're not going to defend. We have to simply outscore these guys. Pray that we rain down 3's on these guys in the second half.

Reactions: pittbb80
Yeah they are shockingly bad shooting the ball. We can’t let them drive and get layups. Keep giving up the outside shot and all 5 guys need to rebound.
I like that we switched to the zone as well. They didn’t seem to make adjustments to it.

I will probably regret saying this but neither team is good enough to pull away. Buckle in for a nail biter.

Our rebounding effort is the Bystander Effect exemplified. It's like each person does just enough to be able to shrug and proclaim they tried. We need someone who actually gives af and WANTS to be physical.

It's really going to come down to one simple point. We need to shoot well. Both from 3 and the FT line. We're not going to rebound well. We're not going to defend. We have to simply outscore these guys. Pray that we rain down 3's on these guys in the second half.
Indeed. Heck we can’t even hit 2’s. Talk about living and dying with the 3

In the 2nd half spread the floor and let Burton drive against the smaller guards. If doubled kick.our for a three.

Not to pick on the twins because they’re all we got left at the 5, but, I feel like we would be up 8 to 10 if Fede was playing. He definitely would have finished some of those week attempts by the twins.
The bigger factors would be his defense, rebounding and ability to contest and alter shots and control his space for defensive rebounds. The only rebounds Diaz is getting are accidental.

We are playing decent down low. Fighting at least to keep them from a lot of easy shots. But need to also start hitting 2’s.

Burton creating his own or Nellie dishing it - but need something other than 3s

Play zone and collapse on Smith. Make them beat you from shots outside the lane. I don't think they can do it, unless we go ice cold.

Reactions: Parkview57
The bigger factors would be his defense, rebounding and ability to contest and alter shots and control his space for defensive rebounds. The only rebounds Diaz is getting are accidental.
Maybe his ability to contest and alter shots is missed. Fede has not boxed out lately and hasn't rebounded well. I actually think his ability to flush some of the nice passes the twins got would have us up about 8- 10.

Amazing I just went thru the entire game thread and the only thing you read are negative comments. Is Pitt losing at half by 15 points? A bunch of whiners on this site FFS

Reactions: Fredact
Twins are 1-8 shooting. They are killing our percentage. Others are shooting fine

I never thought either would be asked to play like what we are asking from 25, although necessity factors into that equation. As frustrating as they are tonight, these guys would have barely been sniffing the court until year three under Dixon.
With this roster, who else would he be playing?

We are playing decent down low.

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
i am very confident Pitt wins going away, this is just what the dr. ordered since losing 3 of 4
I would agree if we could rebound. The fact that we can't will keep them in the game unless we go on a 3pt shooting streak of like 5 of 5.

I hope you didn’t interpret my comment as me comparing the twins to those players. I just think the idea of them playing a wing-like role is intriguing, similar to what you see at the next level. Just my opinion.
They’re not that skilled. What are you seeing to lead you to believe they could ever be that type of player? The 3s they occasionally make? And they are nowhere near physical enough to play P6 basketball at this point. With those physiques I’m not sure they ever will be.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT