ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miss St game thread

Exactly. I didn't like that the corner shot was so wide open due to Elliott not closing out, but that was probably their 4th option on the play. We defended their primary options well and made them go to something they are not good at, shooting a 3 to win the game. Now the lack of box outs that led to the follow tip, that shouldn't happen.
Avery Johnson called that entire inbound play and sequence out before they even line it up, and it happened exactly as he said it would.

Was Santos hurt and not available like Federiko?
Or has he been at the end of the bench for the last month because his coach doesn't think he can contribute enough, because he's shooting 15% from 3 and 29% on 2s?

I mean, all season, when he looks to his right on the bench, the only guys he sees are Aidan Fisch and KJ Marshall.

Nothing against Nate, but this idea that he would have helped in some meaningful way last night is a fiction.

Or has he been at the end of the bench for the last month because his coach doesn't think he can contribute enough, because he's shooting 15% from 3 and 29% on 2s?

I mean, all season, when he looks to his right on the bench, the only guys he sees are Aidan Fisch and KJ Marshall.

Nothing against Nate, but this idea that he would have helped in some meaningful way last night is a fiction.
He was providing some good minutes too earlier in the season and showed some signs of life on offense. But down the stretch he’s been nailed to the bench. He made a couple of short appearances but was pretty bad.

Kid looks like a nice athlete but just can’t put it together in games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT