ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs NC St Gamethread

Defense.....they made starts against horrible teams. They are not that good. 200% they lost this game. **** thrm

Where there is a will there is a way. Pitt always finds a way to be mediocre.
To be honest I am just about done. They are the pirates, always screw up. They drop insane number of passes, take insane number of penalties and find ways to lose. They are never going to be more than a 8 win team under PN or probably anyone else. They are cursed.

Look at the bright side. They didn't get to steal our money for the ordeal of watching them in person this year.

Reactions: gopitt1976
I'm so sick of this . We have a couple good stat games and our stupid defense, is allowed to talk. Wtf....it's every yrary

Amazing to think the amount of posts some of the posters on this board spent telling the rest of us how we were miserable trolls for not riding the “remarkable” 3 and 0 wave and posting this week about how there are serious issues with this team that are coming.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
Honestly, I'm done. Lifelong panther fan but I've never heard a defense claim to be do good ......they were horrible today. Weaver........ jones.......camp.......bunch of ****ing *****

Yes Pitt was screwed by the refs with numerous bad calls.

But good teams find ways to win and mediocre teams find ways to lose. So many plays left on the field and bone headed calls. This team came out flat and that’s on duz and the staff. The dL Was invisible.Pickett made some awful plays. More critical drops by wrs. A total team effort

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I cannot invest anymore of my energy when they don't reciprocate.
Which is why when they are allowed to have fans the place is empty. I am seriously wondering if I should even bother watching the games on tv anymore let alone go to them. I already record them and fast forward most of the game anyhow.

Reactions: Millerton
Yes Pitt was screwed by the refs with numerous bad calls.

But good teams find ways to win and mediocre teams find ways to lose. So many plays left on the field and bone headed calls. This team came out flat and that’s on duz and the staff. The dL Was invisible.Pickett made some awful plays. More critical drops by wrs. A total team effort
Yep. Well said.

This is honestly the worst I’ve ever felt after a Pitt game.
I know I should be used to it but I just thought this team was different.
Just a really hopeless feeling.

Amazing to think the amount of posts some of the posters on this board spent telling the rest of us how we were miserable trolls for not riding the “remarkable” 3 and 0 wave and posting this week about how there are serious issues with this team that are coming.

And they still haven’t played a good team yet. Need to rebound against BC next week before they get into the meat of their schedule.

How can any program so consistently NOT turn a corner ??

this has to be some mathematical impossibility

To be honest I am just about done. They are the pirates, always screw up. They drop insane number of passes, take insane number of penalties and find ways to lose. They are never going to be more than a 8 win team under PN or probably anyone else. They are cursed.
I agree with everything except the cursed part. We just always have average coaches , and players.

Reactions: Large Panther
I can’t even point a finger at a player not performing. This was all on incompetent coaching.
The players can't escape blame. Let's be honest. If any of these players and coaches weren't mediocre, they would be at better programs. Coaches didn't drop passes, fall down, etc. Mack, Pickett etc. Made great plays but blew easy ones. Pitthetic.

We actually would have been better off had Pickett been ruled short. Would have burned another 40 seconds off the clock before the fg, probably leaving NC St. to try a long fg at the gun.
Meaningless. NC St. easily scores regardless of how much time is left. Our D was a disaster today. Not sure what happened.

Meaningless. NC St. easily scores regardless of how much time is left. Our D was a disaster today. Not sure what happened.

It was just one of those days. Had the situation been reversed and they got the ball back down 1 with 25 seconds left somehow they would’ve kicked a FG at the end.

I would bet the number of people on this board who think exactly that numbers in double digits. They really believe it.

Well we know that there are at least a few of them who believe the both football and basketball refs have been part of a long time conspiracy to hold Pitt athletics down, so yeah.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
For everyone blaming the refs I thought the same thing. If the refs were trying to win the game for NC St, they would have not called that a TD.
You don't jump up on a QB sneak. You crouch and push forward. You get pushed forward from behind and try to roll into a gap.

For everyone blaming the refs I thought the same thing. If the refs were trying to win the game for NC St, they would have not called that a TD.

Actually I was hoping he wouldn't get in as it would have allowed them to take it down to a minute. I thought there was a good chance nc state would drive because our db's can not cover anyone. Of course I was worried that we would miss the fg. That's what pitt fb does to you. Worry about a guy making a extra point pitt is the kind of program that could be up 1 with three seconds left after just scoring the go ahead td and would have the extra point blocked and returned for a td.

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT