ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs NC thread (aka how will Pitt blow the 10 point lead and allow NC to score 28 unanswered points.)

Down by 3 scores....no up tempo. Get to 4th and 6 and throw a 2 yard route......honestly WTF?

Gotta respect a coaching staff that knows to break out the horizontal passing game when you need 3 fourth quarter touchdowns.

Reactions: bwh05
I'm literally on the toilet .
I'd rather have diarrhea and vomit at the same time that watch another cignetti called game

Reactions: pittguy81
There is no vertical passing game with a statue at Qb who stares down receivers.

not sure what they saw in him. He’s not even as accurate as they claimed he was

Reactions: 303vND
I get that Bartholomew had a great freshman year prob due to Addison and Krull drawing so much attention, but he has 0 receptions tonight. For his sake, I hope he transfers out. He’s wasting his time in this offense.

Reactions: 303vND
There is no vertical passing game with a statue at Qb who stares down receivers.

not sure what they saw in him. He’s not even as accurate as they claimed he was
But the wr coach a cool hair and doesn’t post on instagram

I get that Bartholomew had a great freshman year prob due to Addison and Krull drawing so much attention, but he has 0 receptions tonight. For his sake, I hope he transfers out. He’s wasting his time in this offense.

We're wasting our time with this team.

Slovis really is over matched. I can't believe Nards didn't yank him when they got down 2 scores and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...

Gotta respect a coaching staff that knows to break out the horizontal passing game when you need 3 fourth quarter touchdowns.
After the third consecutive score these clowns took off the headsets and got out the phones andc texted their agents to find them new jobs. Unfortunately Cig will have zero prospects, given he’s our third worse OC hire in 50 years (House, Watson). So that contract will ride over our necks like a noose for 2.333 more years. I wonder if these contracts become null (should I say Nil) and void if the conference breaks up before then?

I thought he was hurt. Was he in the game?
If so and he was just not getting passes… ugh!

We played an optimistic first half, threw the ball effectively down the field. And then the coaching staff must have figured that was going too well and decided to change it up a bit. How disappointing.

Reactions: boseman7 and bwh05
Maye is as good of a QB as we've seen play against Pitt or with Pitt. Pickett was great, but he was a 6th year SR. Maye is a redshirt FR and is better than Pickett was as a SR. Of course, this performance by Maye was against a really bad Pitt defense, so that may have had something to do with it. And to think this coaching staff was touting this defense as one of their strengths. What a joke they are.

Next week's game will be like going to church with a few people in the stands.

Reactions: OhioPanther99
He's supposedly gone.

My source is me just guessing but saying it in a manner where it sounds like I'm not just guessing.
I had a lot of anger with Addison leaving, but hope Mumpfield would soften blow; obviously it’s been a disaster. I actually want to see Bart transfer, better himself, and humiliate the Pitt staff who failed to utilize him.

Post game presser: “BS excuse…blah blah blah… BS excuse…blah blah…”
The rest of us… barf. Barf barf!

Last edited:
I don’t think we win again this year
That would do us a favor, especially Pitt accountants, who would be gleeful the school wouldn’t be forced to buy the 99.9% unsold allotment of tickets for whatever Bowl these guys with scrounge. Pray to finish 4-8 because even 5-7 might get a bid. And the conference likely would insist we take it. To get curb stomped by the 5th place MAC team no doubt.

Reactions: bwh05

According to the game log he got his first target late in the 3rd quarter on our last pass attempt of the 3rd, and then was the target on our first two passes of the 4th quarter. And that was his only three targets of the game.

Post game presser: “BS excuse…blah blah blah… NS excuse…blah blah…”
The rest of us… barf. Barf barf!

I won't listen to Narduzzi and his excuses and bs. He didn't prepare the team, they lack discipline, our coaches are incompetent on both sides of the ball, and we have maybe 2 or 3 legitimate P5 players on this team to work with. Those are the reasons we're losing to not so great teams.

According to the game log he got his first target late in the 3rd quarter on our last pass attempt of the 3rd, and then was the target on our first two passes of the 4th quarter. And that was his only three targets of the game.
I think the first was a bounce pass throw away. We have 2 all American freshman pass catchers, an all American RB and will finish with 4-5 wins. So strange. At least our punting game looked better!!!!!

Reactions: boseman7
Narduzzi is washed up..... he won the ACC and still cant recruit.

yeah he lost something off his fastball. When he first came, he was battling big programs for guys like Hamlin, Chase Pine, Camp. But now, he just has that event in June, signs a bunch of 2 or low rated 3 stars then, and calls it a class.

Maye is as good of a QB as we've seen play against Pitt or with Pitt. Pickett was great, but he was a 6th year SR. Maye is a redshirt FR and is better than Pickett was as a SR. Of course, this performance by Maye was against a really bad Pitt defense, so that may have had something to do with it. And to think this coaching staff was touting this defense as one of their strengths. What a joke they are.

Yeah. Nine years and the defense has been a varying degree of stink every season. It cost us playoff teams with the great offenses we had in 2016 and last season. Yeah, last season. 40 points should have been been enough to beat a terrible WMU team. Miami was less a defensive fault but they didn’t exactly stone Miami in a game when the O needed that to happen.

He’s a decent .600 coach. A good match for this program that doesn’t care about winning; no embarrassing arrests or outright Pirates-like cratering. This will be his worst season and it will not look as bad as the low points of the late 90s, so that’s ok. Just solid dependable mediocrity. Keeps the ACC checks keep coming in for soccer fields and volleyball courts nobody wants or needs.

I won't listen to Narduzzi and his excuses and bs. He didn't prepare the team, they lack discipline, our coaches are incompetent on both sides of the ball, and we have maybe 2 or 3 legitimate P5 players on this team to work with. Those are the reasons we're losing to not so great teams.
At least he’s not woke

Either he's really good... or we just have a knack for making young QBs look amazing.

I don’t say this lightly
I don’t think I’ll renew season tickets for the first time since graduation .
Last year was great -
But I can’t stomach this shitty offense anymore

Yeah. Nine years and the defense has been a varying degree of stink every season. It cost us playoff teams with the great offenses we had in 2016 and last season. Yeah, last season. 40 points should have been been enough to beat a terrible WMU team. Miami was less a defensive fault but they didn’t exactly stone Miami in a game when the O needed that to happen.

He’s a decent .600 coach. A good match for this program that doesn’t care about winning; no embarrassing arrests or outright Pirates-like cratering. This will be his worst season and it will not look as bad as the low points of the late 90s, so that’s ok. Just solid dependable mediocrity. Keeps the ACC checks keep coming in for soccer fields and volleyball courts nobody wants or needs.

Yeah, I guess we at least have a football coach who can keep his kids clean and not getting arrested that we know of so far. Too bad the same can't be said for the basketball team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT