ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Northwestern Gamethread

Horton reminds me of drumgoole Not very athletic, not much length and so far no confidence in his shot

Hugly is rushing but you can see the potential
JEfress had a really nice game. Kids going to be as good as advertised with experience

Femme is going to be pretty good as well. Very athletic. Made a really nice play at the end.

really like the young talent. Even collier while he needs to hit the weight room I think will be solid.

Played something like three possessions in zone.
They had no business losing that game; not that I’m complaining. Just a terrible loss for him.
3-17 last year with the worst class in the big ten not sure how they keep him since the big ten is better this year

Haven’t had many fun Pitt basketball moments lately, but I definitely had that feeling in the “pitt” of my stomach for those final 10 minutes like back in the old days. Enjoyed it! Well done, fellas.

I have to give XJ credit for being as good in the 2nd half as he was bad in the 1st. Obviously excellent games from Penni and Toney, as well. Was pleased to see some flashes from the young bucks in the second half too! Come on, Femi! Give us a smile.

What a win!

On a sadder note, coulibaly fouled out and brown still couldn't get in. He's not hurt right? He's just having a tough year?

Haven’t had many fun Pitt basketball moments lately, but I definitely had that feeling in the “pitt” of my stomach for those final 10 minutes like back in the old days. Enjoyed it! Well done, fellas.

I have to give XJ credit for being as good in the 2nd half as he was bad in the 1st. Obviously excellent games from Penni and Toney, as well. Was pleased to see some flashes from the young bucks in the second half too! Come on, Femi! Give us a smile.
That was like a win from the old days. Gutsy effort.

Nice to see Hugley get a big 3 point play there when it was 66-58 on a feed from Jeffress to get the slam and finish off that 3 point play to cut to 66-61. The starting 5 on this team now should be Johnson,Toney, Champagnie, Jeffress and Hugley. They are clearly your best 5 at the moment. Not saying Horton shouldn’t play but I like a lot what I see out of Jeffress he is gonna be really good.

What a win!

On a sadder note, coulibaly fouled out and brown still couldn't get in. He's not hurt right? He's just having a tough year?

Brown got in, but only momentarily. He got the ball inside and
went up weakly and came away with nothing. You gotta score
or get fouled in that situation. Capel then yanked him.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Nice to see Hugley get a big 3 point play there when it was 66-58 on a feed from Jeffress to get the slam and finish off that 3 point play to cut to 66-61. The starting 5 on this team now should be Johnson,Toney, Champagnie, Jeffress and Hugley. They are clearly your best 5 at the moment. Not saying Horton shouldn’t play but I like a lot what I see out of Jeffress he is gonna be really good.

Jeffress, what I liked too was when X was out and he kind of sensed nobody else wanted to do it so he went for it. That's the good stuff.

Reactions: PittSqueak
Jeffress is going to be special in a couple years. The unsung play of the game was where he got the rebound off the missed free throw and Toney knocked down a 3 on the kick out.
Let’s hope he and Champagnie are special AT PITT and not Kansas or some other blue blood now that we have our so precious freedom of movement

Nice to scrap out a win after starting so poorly shooting the ball. Young guys are plying a lot. Nice to have some depth in these games where the whistle keeps blowing.

Will Jeffress is so young, but, a smooth and confident player who trusts his skills. This guy could be one of our very best in some time.

He needs to have a little talk with Horton. I think Horton can score, but, he is lacking confidence at this level. He needs to relax and let it fly. He isn't a great athlete tho, so he is abit of a defensive liability. That said, we need scorers, so I hope he gains that confidence.

We need to work big John hard. He at least needs to be more competent on the defensive end so he can get that needed playing time. Coulibaly is a solid defender. We need more from the 5 on offense if we expect to really progress.

That was a gutsy fight all the way! Credit all our Panthers for leaving all they had on the floor!

Reactions: TWPitt
'
Believe it or not, I do feel like we can get back in this one. Defense isn't terrible and NW isn't playing well either. If we can get a little confidence with our shooting, we could be right there.

I like it when I'm right. ;)

Reactions: HOF Coach
I like it when I'm right. ;)
Except when you think we're awful. Rarely, but deserved sometimes. I thought we were better than we showed in the first 15 minutes, and they kept playing. No ACC team w/o a functional big will have it easy, but our 3 "stars" will pose problems for any opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT