ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs Purdue Gamethread

The best team in the country—and that’s not even up for debate, it’s not close—beat the team with the best COLLEGE player in the country relatively easily, as expected by most rational college basketball followers.

That’s all there is to it.

Reactions: TD_6082
He wore out, lost his legs. Anyone with eyes could see that. Not surprising given the fact he was playing 1 on 5.

He’s the 2 time POY and took his team to the natty game, where they lost to the clear cut best team in the country. And yet his manhood is questioned by a bunch of slapdick haters on a message board for a team that’s been to one NCAA tournament in how many years now?

Pathetic.
Edey is certainly talented enough in the right NBA program to be a good addition. I doubt he ever replicates his college career in the pros, but he'll contribute.

Question; how would you rate him vs Adams?

At what point is UConn considered a blueblood? Six titles in 25 years, and they’ll add even more if Hurley sticks around.

They are, just without the national following/national appeal. They are kinda like the Kansas City Chiefs in that regard. The Chiefs can win the next 10 Super Bowls and still not have the following that the Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers have.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
He wore out, lost his legs. Anyone with eyes could see that. Not surprising given the fact he was playing 1 on 5.

He’s the 2 time POY and took his team to the natty game, where they lost to the clear cut best team in the country. And yet his manhood is questioned by a bunch of slapdick haters on a message board for a team that’s been to one NCAA tournament in how many years now?

Pathetic.
Yeah I don’t get the hate for the dude. He’s more than just a tall dude. He has skills to go with it. I’m probably in the minority but I think he’ll have a decent NBa career

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Edey is certainly talented enough in the right NBA program to be a good addition. I doubt he ever replicates his college career in the pros, but he'll contribute.

I think he’s a more skilled player offensively but clearly not as “athletic “ but I think he’s a bit thicker than Adams was coming out

They are, just without the national following/national appeal. They are kinda like the Kansas City Chiefs in that regard. The Chiefs can win the next 10 Super Bowls and still not have the following that the Packers, Cowboys, and Steelers have.
I know it's hyperbole bit of the Chiefs rack up 10+ SBs their following which is already probably Top 10 would only continue to grow. They'd be Top 5. Dynasties have that effect.

Adams is by far a better NBA prospect. The game has changed so much it's unrecognizable from the glory days of Magic, Bird, Mike, Jabar, Hakeem, McHale, Malone etc. The back to the basket, scoring post player has no place in it anymore. The prototype NBA 5 man now is a super athletic rim protector and offensive rebounder. Adams fit that bill perfectly with his combo of size, strength and twitch.

In the 80s-90s, Edey would have fit very nicely. Now, not so much. Let's face it, that's why he;s still at Purdue.

Adams is by far a better NBA prospect. The game has changed so much it's unrecognizable from the glory days of Magic, Bird, Mike, Jabar, Hakeem, McHale, Malone etc. The back to the basket, scoring post player has no place in it anymore. The prototype NBA 5 man now is a super athletic rim protector and offensive rebounder. Adams fit that bill perfectly with his combo of size, strength and twitch.

In the 80s-90s, Edey would have fit very nicely. Now, not so much. Let's face it, that's why he;s still at Purdue.

That's the right answer. If Edey was coming out 30 years ago he's a lottery pick. If Adams was coming out today he's probably not a lottery pick. Not so much because of the players, because of how the game has and continues to change.

I know it's hyperbole bit of the Chiefs rack up 10+ SBs their following which is already probably Top 10 would only continue to grow. They'd be Top 5. Dynasties have that effect.

It would but then they'd be susceptible to loads of fans falling off the bandwagon when Mahomes retires and they get bad. The Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys have large national followings no matter what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT