ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs Purdue Gamethread

Hey, is that the Ethan Morton dude who played in the WPIAL way back in the day? Wonder how he was able to get such good seats.

Purdue defense looks lost at times. Other than Edey blocking some shots they just don’t appear to be athletic on defense. Also I don’t think they have had any fast break points. A tribute to UConn players and how they have been coached.

Purdue defense looks lost at times. Other than Edey blocking some shots they just don’t appear to be athletic on defense. Also I don’t think they have had any fast break points. A tribute to UConn players and how they have been coached.
The pace of the game (1st half) definitely favored UConn. They took advantage of the few seconds that Edey sat

Game going pretty much as expected. Edey with an edge over Clingan but UConn just has a better supporting cast.
Edey has been a non factor the last 15 minutes. He’s a black hole on offense. He can barely make it up and down the court

Like I said. In the Edey/ Clingan thread. Edey will struggle and be a non factor. He’s completely outclassed the last 20-25 minutes.

Go UConn

Last edited:
Game going pretty much as expected. Edey with an edge over Clingan but UConn just has a better supporting cast.

There is one huge surprise in this game.

Uconn is +9 in rebound margin right now against the best rebounding team in college basketball. I would not have guessed this going into this game. Its one game, but its surprising to say the least.

Uconn is a great team. But they are taking away the biggest advantage Purdue has and beating them up on the glass.

Purdue is exactly what I said they were. An A10 team + Edey. I'm not sure there's been a less talented team lead by 1 superstar that's made the finals since Indiana State. Maybe Danny & The Miracles?

Edey has been a non factor the last 15 minutes. He’s a black hole on offense. He can barely make it up and down the court

Like I said. In the Edey/ Clingan thread. Edey will struggle and be a non factor. He’s completely outclassed the last 20-25 minutes.

Go UConn
Unfair to say he's been outclassed. He's the main reason Purdue has any chance. I agree he looked gassed toward the end of the 1st half but that's because he has to carry so much of the load for them.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I wonder how much Kentucky will offer Hurley. Can he turn down 12 mil per year with a 5 mil pool for NIL?

Purdue looks like my 1977 fraternity team. A team that won the fraternity title and then had to play Black Magic in the first round of the Pitt campus wide intramural tournament. Black Majic had Randy Holloway and Gordon Jones. A few other football players were on the team. The game was over after 3 minutes. I had 2 buckets in the blowout loss. I think the final score was 80 to 36.

At what point is UConn considered a blueblood? Six titles in 25 years, and they’ll add even more if Hurley sticks around.

Anybody feel bad that the B1G is denied a natty in any sport? Not me. Impressive return by the defending champs. Hurley has done a super job in bringing that program back to elite status and consecutive trophies.

Edey had 37 points and 10 rebounds. He’s the only reason why this wasn’t a 30+ point loss.

Unfair to say he's been outclassed. He's the main reason Purdue has any chance. I agree he looked gassed toward the end of the 1st half but that's because he has to carry so much of the load for them.
Lol

He scored 37 points but he was outclassed by the guy who scored 11

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT