ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Penn State in Dayton

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Massive win by PSU at NW tonight. They probably lock up a bid by winning at home vs Md on Sunday as that would give them a 9-12 Q1/2 record and no Q3/4 losses.

Massive win by PSU at NW tonight. They probably lock up a bid by winning at home vs Md on Sunday as that would give them a 9-12 Q1/2 record and no Q3/4 losses.
As if tonight couldn’t get worse. Might be WVU vs PSU. Pitt will be listed among last 4 in come tomorrow, bet the mortgage on it. I don’t think Pitt even gets to Dayton without another win. We are about in the same boat as Clemson who is 7-4 Q1/Q2 but has 4 Q3/4 losses compared to Pitt’s 2. Clemson and Pitt NET will be about equal in the morning & Clemson beat Pitt. Clemson was in the first 4 out and you know they will hammer ND at home Saturday.

Reactions: PittPoker
As if tonight couldn’t get worse. Might be WVU vs PSU. Pitt will be listed among last 4 in come tomorrow, bet the mortgage on it. I don’t think Pitt even gets to Dayton without another win. We are about in the same boat as Clemson who is 7-4 Q1/Q2 but has 4 Q3/4 losses compared to Pitt’s 2. Clemson and Pitt NET will be about equal in the morning & Clemson beat Pitt. Clemson was in the first 4 out and you know they will hammer ND at home Saturday.

I think Pitt is one of the last byes tomorrow.

Last 4 In with Miami loss.

Last team in or 1st team out with Wednesday loss.

2nd or 3rd to last team if we get a double bye and lose to Duke on Thursday.

Massive road wins by PSU and WVU this week really hurts us.

We would beat Penn State pretty comfortably imo
The way Pitt is playing defense now I don't think we could beat any team comfortably unless we are shooting lights out. See Syracuse as the latest example. Duke and Clemson were up by 13 at the half against Syracuse and never looked back. GT was up by 9 at the half and never looked back. Pitt should have only been up 1 at the half but a Syracuse player thought he heard Boeheim tell him to foul and inexplicably he intentionally fouled Elliott as he was heaving up a last second 3. So we got 3 extra points out of that to lead by 4 at the half. Then in the second half Pitt shot lights out and won comfortably but still gave up over 80 points to them.

So the way it's looking now is if Pitt isn't shooting lights out they will most likely lose because their defense(especially lately) has been awful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT