ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs SU Gamethread

That said, as a long time Pitt fan, despite my better judgment, I somehow think the second half will be different...

Well it's easy to think that way, because for as poorly as we've played we are still winning and we are obviously better than they are. If we can just get out of our own way the second half will be different.

But with Pitt, there is always that IF.

Come out and put 7 on the board with opening drive. Force Cuse to play from behind a couple scores and turn pass rush loose.
That is what will happen if we are actually going in the right direction. If we lose, then it will be same Ole Pitt and unfortunately those people will be right.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
As a long time Pitt fan this feeling of let down and disappointment is so very familiar.. I pretty much associate this feeling with fall time..
That said, as a long time Pitt fan, despite my better judgment, I somehow think the second half will be different...
What's wrong with me ?
Nothing. I agree with you. Not sure we cover that lofty spread but I still think we win comfortably.

Let’s sure hope they come out and play well and put some points on the board. Last years second half woes were way too painful to have a repeat this year. Need a solid drive and score otherwise we might be in here we go again mentality. As sharp as they looked last week I still chalk a lot of that up to the competition. SU is not a good team so need to put them away and impose our will on them early otherwise they hang around and who knows..

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
It may be that Cuse, having played high-end ACC-level talent at UNC last week, was better attuned to the speed of the game than Pitt was in that first half.

Otherwise, have to rate the first half a disappointment - particularly the Offense and Special Teams. Christadoulu and Kessman are both head cases... both have big-league legs, but sandlot brains. Why in the world is Christadoulu the handler on FGs? He blew that FG in the last PSU game in Pgh if anyone remembers.

And we once again line up wrong. The worst part was that we were lined up right and then the outside guy backed off the line.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Unreal can’t muster one first down out of the half. Too reminiscent of last years second half starts

Also... that is at least 3 procedure calls on punts. This stupid Rugby punting scheme is a total flop! Stop using it

Need to give the ball to Daniel Carter. He has been the most effective runner today. I don’t get it...

Well so much for having a little cushion we look as bad this week as we looked good last week just so frustrating

the other receiver crossing was wide open......let's SPREAD IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad INT by KP. Doing a terrible job picking up the blitz up the middle. They have done it all game and you can’t have Vince Davis trying to block as he’s too small.

Give Izzy a chance!

Great point. Whipple is starting to make me wonder about him..

We were 100th + in offensive rankings last year.
What about last year didn’t have you thinking we made a huge mistake?
We have a dinosaur at OC. The idea that Whipple is the one old man that hasn’t lost it, is silly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT