ADVERTISEMENT

PITT would be in 2nd place in the coastal right now

if Covid didn't hit. We would still have a very good chance to play in the ACC championship game.
1) Miami is in first place and beat us. We would not move ahead of them.
2) We will find out on Sat. if we are better than VT.
3) We will find out if we are better than GT at the end of the year.
4) UNC and UVA would not be automatic wins.
5) In conclusion, we would not be playing in the ACC championship game. Slim to none and Slim just left town.

if Covid didn't hit. We would still have a very good chance to play in the ACC championship game.
I love posts like this.

Pitt: the fightin' WouldaShouldaCouldas.

1jo53u.jpg

We would finish ahead of Duke and Georgia Tech. It would be a dog fight with Virginia for fourth place.

The Virginia Tech game is really the "bar" for this team. If we beat VT than I would say we are definitely the second best team in the Coastal.

They would struggle against a good pass rush like PITT. Bad matchup for UNC. PITT wins that game.

They have a ton of size up front, which is something Pitt struggles with. UNC wins that game by at least 21. Pitt also loses to Virginia. Narduzzi gets fired and doesn't land a second interview for the job opening at Geneva.

Pfizer is working on a narduzzi vaccination as we speak. 95% of people who take it will want narduzzi back for another year. Not ready for mass distribution yet.
Apparently the prototype vaccine, known as Narduzican, has a 95% efficacy rate for immunizing recipients from exposure to the Narduzzi virus, NARDVID-6, that causes infected persons to falsely blame everyone but Narduzzi for the problems with the Pitt program. The researchers that developed the vaccine apparently used a mixture of genetic material from Whipple, Borbely and Salem that has proven by clinical testing to produce powerful antibodies to NARDVID-6.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
Apparently the prototype vaccine, known as Narduzican, has a 95% efficacy rate for immunizing recipients from exposure to the Narduzzi virus, NARDVID-6, that causes infected persons to falsely blame everyone but Narduzzi for the problems with the Pitt program. The researchers that developed the vaccine apparently used a mixture of genetic material from Whipple, Borbely and Salem that has proven by clinical testing to produce powerful antibodies to NARDVID-6.
Sounds like a Mutated version of the JIG Virus? Must have been lying dormant in the Pete basement

Reactions: Pittisit4me
The Virginia Tech game is really the "bar" for this team. If we beat VT than I would say we are definitely the second best team in the Coastal.
I think the revised schedule can bite us in the ass yet again.

If we had played Georgia Tech last week and won, I would like our chances against Virginia Tech.

Now, if we lose to Tech this week, I think we lose out.

Even if we win, playing Georgia Tech last makes that game more difficult than it would have been.

The Miami QB is very erratic. Pitt would have had a chance with a healthy Pickett.
Yup, but the board trolls don’t want to hear it. It’s a very flawed team for certain, but we also got unlucky with the Pickett injury and facing NCST with Leary. He’s 2x better their backup.

Reactions: gary2
If the ACC had 7 divisions with two teams each, and Pitt was paired with Wake, then Pitt would still find a way to lose their division every year.

And before I called a hater... You know there is some truth here.

Reactions: Millerton
Per Sagarin Pitt’s strength of schedule is #66 in the country and one of the weakest in the ACC.

How much weaker could the schedule be?

That almost had to have been prior to the change in the schedule. Pitt has played two top 10 teams with one more to go.

Actually that is their up to the moment SOS ranking, based only on games actually played to date.

I mean you mention that Pitt has played two top ten teams so far this season, as if that is some sort of odd scheduling anomaly that only Pitt has had to deal with. When in fact EIGHT ACC teams have already played two top ten teams so far this season. That's more than half the conference.

Reactions: Indiana Panther Fan
Colley Matrix has our strength of schedule so far as 69th. Though without much inter-conference play, it's a pretty weird problem for computers.

Actually that is their up to the moment SOS ranking, based only on games actually played to date.

I mean you mention that Pitt has played two top ten teams so far this season, as if that is some sort of odd scheduling anomaly that only Pitt has had to deal with. When in fact EIGHT ACC teams have already played two top ten teams so far this season. That's more than half the conference.
Those damn facts.

Then the Double Whammy Gary2 likes the post, that’s how you know that your thinking is not on the right side of stupid

Last edited:
Colley Matrix has our strength of schedule so far as 69th. Though without much inter-conference play, it's a pretty weird problem for computers.

I agree. So compare Pitt's SOS with the other ACC schools. Last I checked (before last weekend's game got cancelled) we were almost at the bottom.

The notion that we got screwed by the ACC with our schedule is laughable.

Didn't realize but I think the strangeness of the season has the computers messed up. Look at PSU. They're 16th in the SP+ at 0-4. FPI still loves VaTech (21)...why? They've lost 3 of their last 4 including Liberty. Not saying the computers are even wrong, just think things are a bit weird because there aren't any crossover P5 games to compare plus the general goofiness of the season.

Didn't realize but I think the strangeness of the season has the computers messed up. Look at PSU. They're 16th in the SP+ at 0-4. FPI still loves VaTech (21)...why? They've lost 3 of their last 4 including Liberty. Not saying the computers are even wrong, just think things are a bit weird because there aren't any crossover P5 games to compare plus the general goofiness of the season.

The computer always has teams with poor records ranked high, because it doesn’t care about your record.
PSU outplayed a very good Indiana team by a large margin, and then played OSU closer than most teams would. That’s all the computer cares about.

What’s really throwing off some computers is the small sample size of some teams. Every analytic model uses recruiting class rankings and last year’s numbers to project into this season. It takes about half the season for that to be phased out. Big Ten teams are still playing with a small sample size.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT