ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt WSOC vs FSU

anon_d97v9o3a8b6xr

Board of Trustee
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone want to discuss what your expectations are playing FSU tomorrow at FSU?
we know FSU is a very good team, and they can easily lull you to sleep with their often slow possession and than hit you with a quick strike. If Pitt is at full strength, do you see them hanging around into the 2nd half or is FSU just too strong?
I think Pitt women as a whole have come light years FROM where they were just a few years ago, but FSU is just on another level that it takes a nearly perfect game and FSU not as crisp to have much of a chance.

Anyone want to discuss what your expectations are playing FSU tomorrow at FSU?
we know FSU is a very good team, and they can easily lull you to sleep with their often slow possession and than hit you with a quick strike. If Pitt is at full strength, do you see them hanging around into the 2nd half or is FSU just too strong?
I think Pitt women as a whole have come light years FROM where they were just a few years ago, but FSU is just on another level that it takes a nearly perfect game and FSU not as crisp to have much of a chance.
FSU is absolutely on another planet. There is almost no chance Pitt wins this game, but if they can score a goal and keep it to around 2-1 or 3-1 that is the best they can hope for. Not to go SMF-level hyperbole here, but they are the closest thing to UCONN women's basketball in the women's soccer game right now. Jaelin Howell is the best player in the country and will be on the full US Women's National Team by the 2023 World Cup according to most experts. Tough chore for Pitt tomorrow.

Santa Clara didnt win. The game officially ended in a draw.
So who held up the trophy? Did FSU recognize a draw? Ask FSU if they think they lost? Not one player will have a stupid take like yours. I wonder if Roberto Baggio thinks Italy had a draw when he missed his PK in the World Cup final.

Reactions: ThePanthers
If Pitt doesn't stop giving the ball away so cheaply deep in their own end this game is going to get really ugly really fast.

So who held up the trophy? Did FSU recognize a draw? Ask FSU if they think they lost? Not one player will have a stupid take like yours. I wonder if Roberto Baggio thinks Italy had a draw when he missed his PK in the World Cup final.

Its not a stupid take, its not even a "take." Player feelings don't determine the result of a match. The result determines the result. Santa Clara/FSU ended in a draw. I mean that is literally a fact. Santa Clara did not beat FSU. They could not play all night and PKs are the agreed upon way to determine the champion when a match ends in a draw.

Its not a stupid take. Player feelings don't determine the result of a match. The result determines the result. Santa Clara/FSU ended in a draw. I mean that is literally a fact. Santa Clara did not beat FSU. They did "advance" on PKs, but that is not a "win."
Ask the NCAA who won. Ask Italy who won.

The ACC run will be brutal...

FSU, Duke, Virginia, and UNC are among the best in the country...Miami ain't shabby...Clemson was a tough opponent and VT just pulled a draw with UNC.

One of the toughest schedules in the country.

And...kudos to Coach...who didn't just bunker up against a primo offensive club, but let his athletes play and learn and maybe get better.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
There’s a guy on Twitter, Chris Henderson, who covers NCAA WSOC better than almost anyone. He mentioned that Pitt needs to pull a few upsets to get into the at-large conversation. He said Pitt is in a “huge RPI hole”. Unfortunately the OK State win isn’t as helpful as it would be most years.

There’s a guy on Twitter, Chris Henderson, who covers NCAA WSOC better than almost anyone. He mentioned that Pitt needs to pull a few upsets to get into the at-large conversation. He said Pitt is in a “huge RPI hole”. Unfortunately the OK State win isn’t as helpful as it would be most years.
Keep playing like last night and you sit in the post season..it’s simple

Ask the NCAA who won. Ask Italy who won.

I'm not sure what you are arguing here. The games ended in draws officially. There is no debate to that. They had to award the trophy and the title of champion to someone, so of course they had to have a shootout to decide it. The matches go down as draws officially. Italy and Santa Clara won the shootout, not the actual match

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT