ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's Darrelle Revis $39 Million Richer Today, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Pitt Players that chose Pitt just continue to shout "Show Me The Money," as Aliquippa's Darrelle Revis returns to the Big Apple with a Super Bowl Ring and $70 Million Dollar NFL Contract that is fully guaranteed of $39 Million!!!

Jordan Whitehead also of the Aliquippa Area and #1 Recruit in Pennsylvania can now take notice and why he was with Pitt all along and Pat Narduzzi will just make Jordan even better!

chairshot.r191677.gif

ARTICLE & LINK:

Star cornerback New England Patriots.

Revis, who signed his five-year, $70 million contract Wednesday night, said it wasn't a hard decision to leave the Super Bowl champions. He declined to say if the Patriots made a competitive offer.

[+] Enlarge

Nick Laham/Getty ImagesDarrelle Revis said he followed his heart, not the money when he chose the Jets over the Patriots.

"I'm not going to speak on the numbers," he said on a late-night conference call with reporters. "I think the biggest decision for me was to just come back home. I have a lot of history with the Jets' organization and I just felt like it was, you know, a no-brainer to come home, be back home and make a marriage."

Revis, who played with the Jets from 2007 to 2012, stunned the NFL late Tuesday when he left the Patriots only five weeks after hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

He was lured back to his original team with a blockbuster contract that includes a fully guaranteed $39 million. The Patriots reportedly dropped out when they heard his demands.

Revis hinted the Patriots missed their chance by declining to exercise the option year in his contract, saying, "You put it in the team's hands if they want to take on the option or not."

The Patriots had until Monday to pick up the option, but it never was a serious considering because of the amount -- a cap-busting $20 million, the second year of the two-year, $32 million contract he signed last March. They maintained exclusive negotiating rights until 4 p.m. Tuesday, but the two sides never got close to a deal.

Revis spoke positively of his one year in New England, saying it was "really awesome" to learn from "a Hall-of-Fame coach," Bill Belichick.

"There's no better way to go out than winning a championship," he said.

Only two years ago, Revis was traded by the Jets because of a bitter stalemate in contract negotiations. On Wednesday night, he sounded like he was reuniting with an old flame, claiming "there's a lot of love here."

"They drafted me and I have a lot of history here," said Revis, whose time in New York was tainted by two contract holdouts. "I love being around the people I met in the organization. I just have a lot of ties here. This is where my heart is."

Revis, who lives in South Florida, flew via private jet to New Jersey, landing at 4:40 p.m. in Morristown, a short drive from the Jets' facility. He passed his physical and, after a delay as the two sides pored over language in the contact, he officially became a member of the Jets.

Again.

Now, he said, he wants to bring a Super Bowl to the Jets, recalling a vow he made to former general manager Mike Tannenbaum on the day he was drafted in 2007. That won't be easy. The Jets, coming off a 4-12 season, are starting over with a new coaching staff.

"I told (Tannenbaum) I'd do everything in my power to try to bring a championship to this organization, and I still feel that way," he said. "That's something I want to be part of. The thing I want to bring to the organization is winning. That was one of the big reasons to come back home. I still have that mindset."

images

This post was edited on 3/12 5:46 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Fully Guaranteed $39 Million, ESPN LINK!

Re: Follow By Pitt's Jabaal Sheard To Patriots, LINK!

Wait until Pitt Head Coach Pat Narduzzi starts to develop even more Pitt Recruits & Players for the NFL as he did at MSU!

Articles and Link:

Patriots
sign former New England Patriots will sign former Browns LB/DE Jabaal Sheard to a 2-year deal worth $11 million, including $5.5 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

More from ESPN.com

According to ESPN's Field Yates, Sheard gets $4 million to sign, $1 million base salary and a $1 million in roster bonus this upcoming season. In 2016 he gets $4 million in base salary with $1 million in roster bonus.

Sheard, 25, spent his first two seasons with his hand down playing end in the 4-3. He moved to linebacker his second two seasons when Rob Chudzinski and Mike Pettine coached the team.

Sheard is a former second-round pick out of Pitt whose versatility helps him. He's strong enough to play end, and mobile enough to play linebacker -- and the numbers show he is underrated.

In four seasons he has 190 tackles, with 23 sacks and seven forced fumbles. He also broke up 12 passes and had 16 run stuffs, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Pro Football Focus rated him 16th among 3-4 outside linebackers.

images

This post was edited on 3/12 6:56 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

PITT's Jabaal Sheard to sign with Pats, LINK

Re: Pitt's Shady McCoy Classy & Closer To Pitt As Ever, LINK!

Pitt Players making the "Big NFL News"!

Article & Link:

LeSean McCoy clearly felt a bit jilted by the Philadelphia Eagles after the team with which he owns the franchise rushing record traded him to the Buffalo Bills for Kiko Alonso, player who sat out all of last season due to injury.

Shady spoke to the Buffalo media this afternoon shortly after the trade was made official.

"It feels good to be here," McCoy said of Buffalo. "It feels good to be appreciated."

Not exactly a subtle burn directed Philadelphia's way

He went on to say he was, in fact, appreciated throughout his career in Philly but wasn't thrilled with how the communication around the trade was handled. Understandable.

McCoy also appeared on the NFL Network after his press conference and was asked about Frank Gore deciding not to sign with the Eagles. McCoy admitted the two talked, and Shady joked that he had influenced Gore's decision not to come to Philly but later admitted he was honest about his positive experience as an Eagle.

"I'm surprised," McCoy joked. "I made that call, I said 'Don't go there! don't do it!.' We talked on the phone I said, 'Frank, man, do not go to Philly. I will be angry with you.' Nah. We talked about Philly. He did ask me a lot of questions. It was mutual. He asked me about Chip and the offense. I told him he'd get the ball a lot and he'd love it. Chip is a mastermind. He finds way to get the ball in space with the running backs. I was honest with him... for the most part."

McCoy said his conversation likely didn't sway Gore towards the Indianapolis Colts.

"Everything I said to him was positive," Shady said. "So he made his own decision."

McCoy may not like the way he departed Philly but it's good to see he still views Philly as a positive place to play.

Here's McCoy talking about feeling appreciated in Buffalo:
LINK:
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/shady-mccoy-jokes-he-told-frank-gore-not-come-philly

images

PITT's Shady McCoy Jokes, LINK!

Re: What Me Worried?, Not Narduzzi!!!

In light of the above Posts on Pitt Players Success in the NFL.

What strikes me so sincere is how Pitt Head Coach Pat Narduzzi is just as calm as can be, displaying self-assurance, and knowing he is very happy to be at Pitt.

Unlike other coaches before him, there is a "Quiet Confidence" about Pat Narduzzi. One can read it between the lines of how he talks and is quoted. It is as if, he knows something that others do not know, and is just going about getting it done.

I notice the same demeanor in OSU's Meyers, MSU's Dantonio, and Michigan's Harbaugh and one can see it in PITT's Pat Narduzzi.

I do not think there is any doubt that Pat Narduzzi will build upon what already as been produced at Pitt even during the Rebuilding Years:

Credit Walt Harris developing Larry Fitzgerald & Darrelle Revis at Pitt!

Credit Dave Wannstedt developing Revis, Shady McCoy, & Jabaal Sheard at Pitt!!

Credit Paul Chryst developing Aaron Donald, Tyler Boyd, & James Conners at Pitt!!!

We shall see how Pat Narduzzi does at Pitt, but I have "Just A Hunch," it is going to be fun and a joy to watch.

Recruits, Players, and Coaches that have come to choose Pitt just like Narduzzi, will benefit just as much as those listed above. Just A Hunch!

Narduzzi Quiet Quotes Of Confidence.....:

"It was really the location," Narduzzi said in a Q&A with the Beaver County (Pa.) Times. "Being in the great city of Pittsburgh, great academics, with the history they've had here, footballwise, I think is obviously something. But ultimately, when you have the recruiting area of the state of Pennsylvania, then you go east, you have the state of New Jersey, you go west, you got the state of Ohio. You can go down, you have Virginia and Maryland. There are so many good players around here. I used to get frustrated at Michigan State because we weren't able to get kids on campus as easy as you can in this place. That's a plus."

images
"It hasn't been hard," he said. "At Michigan State, I just didn't sit there and just worry about the defense, I looked at it as a defensive coordinator and from a head coaching standpoint and really tried to help out Mark Dantonio. That's what I feel like I've done for him, even when I wasn't the assistant head coach. We're going to sit in a staff meeting here, and I'm going to go around the table and say, 'Hey, what do you guys think?' I'm always wanting to give my thoughts on what I think, whether it's right or wrong. I've always thought, as a head coach, because I know as a head coach, it can't be just one mind. It has to be what do you guys all think together. I think you make good decisions that way."

images

This post was edited on 3/12 6:54 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: What Me Worried?, Not Narduzzi!!!

Cap, I think i get your point, but Narduzzi is anything but "quiet." Confident? he has that coming out of his ears.

he is one of the most vocal, upbeat, fiery coaches you'll ever see, and he's not above talking some smack about other programs. Just ask the prima donnas from Ann Arbor.

Dantonio is the picture of "quiet confidence", or more appropriately, measured intensity. Narduzzi, not so much. Duzz was fire to Dantonio's ice at MSU. They are both extremely intense and competitive, but they wear it differently. Narduzzi wears it on his sleeve. He gets his guys fired up. It was a great combo for Sparty.

These kids need to support PITT financially.........

No reason they cannot be active members of the Panther Club.

Re: These kids need to support PITT financially.........

Maybe they do.

Re: Thebadby2, I See & Compare Him Differently!

I do not see him going everywhere and self promoting himself actively. I do not see that in Meyers, Harbaugh, or Dantonio either. Or Kirk Ferentz for that matter. They go about making sure their Coaching Staffs are doing the things necessary to develop their recruits and players.

When Dantonio with Narduzzi by his side, did not make big announcements about what they plan to do, they just went about doing it. After 3 years, MSU didn't talk about dominating Michigan and most Teams in the Big ten, they just did it. OSU's Meyers too. They just create and develop Teams on what they do recruit.

Sure, when asked about Pitt he is talking Pitt up, but I still see him determined and dedicated very much like Ben Howland did when he came to Pitt. Get yourself in the Weight Room and get into Top Shape, because we are going to be aggressive and everyone of you must build up to create a complete team.

I do not see much fanfare just good old hard work and most coaches that do this usually are very successful as a Head Coach.

Now compare that to Franklin that is going everywhere taking selfies, going up to people, and making sure everywhere he goes a Press Release is a big part of his persona or follows afterwards. This works for Franklin and that is fine with me, bujt Franklin did announce what he plans to do and how he will do it?

I just do not see that with Coach Pat. I see him quietly keeping his eye on knowing what is important to develop a special mentality for his Pitt Players and as others talk about what they are doing. He is just preparing, planning, and just doing it and then following up making sure it is getting done. I Coach Pat knowing his actions of leadership will be seen in the results on and off the field of play and by execution more so than by Public Relations.

It just seems to me, Pat Narduzzi is interested in the recruits and players he will mold into what he wants from them as a Team Player. Making sure now that they are at Pitt, will make Pitt better regardless of their talent or stars because he will develop them into the talent he needs and let them become stars.

We shall see Nardruzzi coaching by his results in the coming games and that will speak for him, his coaching, and Pitt
Program. In addition, I think he is way more focused than Chryst ever was as well. Just my observations and feelings more than any thing else!

images

This post was edited on 3/12 10:56 AM by CaptainSidneyReilly

Re: These kids need to support PITT financially.........

Yes, they can come back, pay tuition, and get a Pitt degree.

And that helps any of us out how? And this helps Pitt out how? His relative Dravon Henry is playing for WVU.

I am tired of idolizing these athletes who don't give back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT