ADVERTISEMENT

Porter still a joke

Can someone tell me how much combined we have tied up in Mitch, Allen Robinson, chuks and dionte?

Has to be over 50m. For the worst backup qb in nfl, a #3 wr that does nothing, a RT that doesn’t play and a WR that has 1 td reception in 2 years.
Mitch- $10million
ARob-$5million
Chuks-$8million
Diontae-$18 million

$41 million

Can someone tell me how much combined we have tied up in Mitch, Allen Robinson, chuks and dionte?

Has to be over 50m. For the worst backup qb in nfl, a #3 wr that does nothing, a RT that doesn’t play and a WR that has 1 td reception in 2 years.

Allen Robinson was 3 years 47.

Chuks 3 years 29.

Diontae 2 years 37.

Mitch 2 years 11.

So yeah... way too much.

And they're not the only vets not producing.

Reactions: W1np1tt
Missed tackles critical pass interference leading to td. Leads team in penalties but hey he was almost a first round pick. Ps friermuth stinks too
He’s way too handsy but that’s always been the case with him. I will say that as a rookie I do like how physical he is and you can’t seem to get behind him in man coverage. I think he’s going to be the least of the Steelers worries moving forward.

Allen Robinson was 3 years 47.

Chuks 3 years 29.

Diontae 2 years 37.

Mitch 2 years 11.

So yeah... way too much.

And they're not the only vets not producing.
Not sure where your getting the Robison contact hit but it’s not even close

Not sure where your getting the Robison contact hit but it’s not even close

This is what I use. Maybe they have a typo or are citing an old contract.

The money should be directed at a coordinator who can make these kinds of players worth the money THEY’RE making. A good scheme hides warts. Team is too cheap to find a coordinator who can orchestrate. Look for another inside promotion next year to fill Canada’s spot.

This is what I use. Maybe they have a typo or are citing an old contract.

It's not a typo, that's what the deal he originally signed with the Rams was for. But the Rams paid a lot of that money, not the Stillers. If you look at the Spotrac page for salary cap hits, it lists the Stillers on the hook for $1,165,000 in base salary and $1,917,500 in bonus money, for a total against the Stillers cap of $3,082,500.

His base salary next year is $10,000,000 and his dead cap number would only be the $1,917,500 from his bonus, so unless he restructures that way down there is no way they are bringing him back next year.

Mitch- $10million
ARob-$5million
Chuks-$8million
Diontae-$18 million

$41 million
It throws people who say Ben's salary was holding the team back into Max Headroom convulsions when I tell them what they pay Mitch Trubiski and DJ totals the highest salary Ben made.

Pretty much everyone aside from the idiots on here who are obsessed with State Penn feel JPJ is having a really promising rookie season:

I'm fairly certain the OP is a Penn State fan posing as an over-the-top Penn State hater in an attempt to make Pitt fans look bad. The internet is a complex dimension.

I'm fairly certain the OP is a Penn State fan posing as an over-the-top Penn State hater in an attempt to make Pitt fans look bad. The internet is a complex dimension.
They could very easily do that by just screenshotting posts from actual Pitt fans on this board without going through the trouble of creating a fake handle. We have our fair share of message board geniuses around here.

Missed tackles critical pass interference leading to td. Leads team in penalties but hey he was almost a first round pick. Ps friermuth stinks too
So, you just want to root against these 2 particularly because they are from Penn State? If so you're not really a Steelers fan, and if you notice, PITT GUY KENNY has seriously underperformed for a 1st round pick as well, have you ripped him?

Reactions: sdnp
shhhhh....You are not allowed to say anything bad about Joey Porter, Jr. on this board. By the way, I do agree 100% with your assessment on Porter, Jr., Freiemuth I'm not ready to give up on yet. With the right OC. he could be good.

My biggest beef with the Porter PI yesterday was despite it being an obvious penalty, he still looked at the official with a "what do you mean?" look. Then acted like he didn't want to hear what the coach was trying to tell him on the sideline after the play.

He acts like he has been an All-Pro for 5 years, not a rookie needing to learn the NFL ropes.

He’s way too handsy but that’s always been the case with him. I will say that as a rookie I do like how physical he is and you can’t seem to get behind him in man coverage. I think he’s going to be the least of the Steelers worries moving forward.
Imagine watching that game and coming away with the take that Porter is a problem. Lol. I’d probably get through 80% of the roster and 100% of the coaching staff before I’d even think about Porter.

SMH.

So, you just want to root against these 2 particularly because they are from Penn State? If so you're not really a Steelers fan, and if you notice, PITT GUY KENNY has seriously underperformed for a 1st round pick as well, have you ripped him?
Imagine watching this team the last 3 weeks and still having the take that Kenny is a problem. Lol.

shhhhh....You are not allowed to say anything bad about Joey Porter, Jr. on this board. By the way, I do agree 100% with your assessment on Porter, Jr., Freiemuth I'm not ready to give up on yet. With the right OC. he could be good.
It’s time to give up on Friemuth. He can’t block a toddler which makes him awful in the run game. He can’t block in the pass game, and he’s average as a receiver.

I like what Merrill Hoge said. Watching him block is like watching turtles hump.

Drafting him and Najee were huge blunders. Draft a Center instead, and our QB play would be 100 times more effective.

Last edited:
It’s time to give up on Friemuth. He can’t block a toddler which makes him awful in the run game. He can’t block in the pass game, and he’s average as a receiver.

I like what Merrill Hoge. Watching him block is like watching turtles hump.

Drafting him and Najee were huge blunders. Draft a Center instead, and our QB play would be 100 times more effective.
Not to be nit picky but Hoge specifically called out Muth about cutting off routes. His comment about turtles humping I think he was referring to the entire TE group including Washington.

He acts like he has been an All-Pro for 5 years, not a rookie needing to learn the NFL ropes.
It is learned behavior at PSU, if you watched them recently, they act as an arrogant group of over rated jerks, beating up on the likes of Indiana,maryland, Rutgers, UMass etc. of course can't really compete with the big two.

Reactions: ShipofFools
It is learned behavior at PSU, if you watched them recently, they act as an arrogant group of over rated jerks, beating up on the likes of Indiana,maryland, Rutgers, UMass etc. of course can't really compete with the big two.

There is something to be said about drafting players from teams who only have to show up twice per year. They can piss around for 10 games and still win by 3 TDs. Hard to learn what it takes that way.

Reactions: Parkview57
Imagine watching that game and coming away with the take that Porter is a problem. Lol. I’d probably get through 80% of the roster and 100% of the coaching staff before I’d even think about Porter.

SMH.
If their entire Defensive backfield had his talent the Steelers pass defense would be pretty darn good. Obviously Fitz is at that level or above but the rest are mediocre at best

the bias against him is hilarious

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Not to be nit picky but Hoge specifically called out Muth about cutting off routes. His comment about turtles humping I think he was referring to the entire TE group including Washington.
True but his point about his blocking certainly applies to Muth and the point about his routes is even more damning.

The problem is Muth is coming up on a contract and Washington was thought to be the heir to the position because after last year Muth looked like a guy you couldn’t afford to give a raise to. And now this year he’s even worse. Heck, maybe he becomes a bargain and he can be signed for a bargain deal.

Imagine watching this team the last 3 weeks and still having the take that Kenny is a problem. Lol.
It's not that at all, it's about how this FAKE STEELERS FAN criticizes Steelers for underperforming, but only because they went to Penn State, and Kenny has not been good at all, why doesn't he mention him? Because he's from Pitt, that's why you defend him so vehemently too-if Kenny was from Penn State you'd be calling for his head. If Porter and Freiermuth are not good, you can't act like Kenny is and not mention that he hasn't been good, or do you really think Kenny has lived up to his draft position, oh I know, I know, it's everyone else's fault not him at all, right?

Reactions: Schaef60 and sdnp
wait, you dont like JPJ but you arent giving up on friermuth?? Lol, you got it backwards.. Muth is zach gentry but shorter, an average TE#2 in this league..

he's done, let him finish his contract out next year with zero chance you pick up his 5th year, not even a chance you even think about that.

i actually kind of like Porter but he's not above criticism. all first rd picks are open for criticism.. honestly, with how big of a thug his dad was, it speaks volumes about him that he avoided spending his youth behind bars..

wait, you dont like JPJ but you arent giving up on friermuth??
He probably also thinks Kenny has already shown enough to be the franchise QB for years to come, and if not, it's the OC, the scheme, ANYBODY ELSE AT FAULT holding him back, but not him at all, wonder why?

This analysis based on WHAT SCHOOL THEY ATTENDED is ridiculously childish, man up and BE OBJECTIVE. If you're a Steelers fan you should root for former Penn State players, they sign to become hall of famers, and if they sign a Pitt player, you root for that guy to be a hall of famer, but if any of them suck, you don't care where they went to school, you root for them to get their asses canned.

Reactions: therod and sdnp
He probably also thinks Kenny has already shown enough to be the franchise QB for years to come, and if not, it's the OC, the scheme, ANYBODY ELSE AT FAULT holding him back, but not him at all, wonder why?

This analysis based on WHAT SCHOOL THEY ATTENDED is ridiculously childish, man up and BE OBJECTIVE. If you're a Steelers fan you should root for former Penn State players, they sign to become hall of famers, and if they sign a Pitt player, you root for that guy to be a hall of famer, but if any of them suck, you don't care where they went to school, you root for them to get their asses canned.
lol Mark madden just can’t set aside his man crush on KP.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt

in all honesty, i hated Jesse James more than life itself when he was a steeler and it's pretty much cause he went to psu. i can honestly say every time he caught the ball, i wanted a defender to dive into his knee and bend it back the wrong way..

then the debacle he had against the pats that cost us that game and the playoffs was icing on the cake. but i got over it, i did root for Muth a little bit until i realized he is just a bust and that's cause his play on the field and not where he went to school.

im rooting for Porter jr, i kind of think he had a good rookie year. rookie CBs go thru growing pains, Rod Woodson who i loved, had a brutal rookie season. so did troy although he was safety,

i did root for Muth a little bit until i realized he is just a bust and that's cause his play on the field and not where he went to school.
As long as your decision is based on "play on the field" and not what school he went to then you're not MENTALLY ILL, like some here definitely are.

As long as your decision is based on "play on the field" and not what school he went to then you're not MENTALLY ILL, like some here definitely are.
no one's ever claimed me to be mentally stable.

Speaking of PSU Tight ends, steelers fans, behold, your 2nd rd pick trying to block..

Sorry but this is a Pitt message not a Steelers message board. I  GUESS this is a Pitt message board??? I place Pitt ahead of the stillers as well former st penn players. Me as well others have the right to do so. H2P!!!
I remain a Steelers fan here as well as everywhere. Also, I am a fan of teams and not individual players, I root for the Pitt TEAM and the Steelers TEAM, when Pitt players leave Pitt, I wish them well and love to see them succeed, except when they play the Steelers, in those games I want the Steelers to destroy them and if they play for the Steelers I want them to be hall of famers, but if they are failures at that level, I want to Steelers to dump them, because it's about the Steelers TEAM and not individual players or where they went to school. AND I AS WELL have the right to think my way, and it doesn't lessen my fandom of the Pitt Panthers team, H2P. When I am rooting for a former Penn State player on the Steelers roster or against a former Pitt player who is playing against the Steelers, that is in no way rooting against Pitt, it has nothing to do with Pitt, it's an NFL game and Pitt is not an NFL team and not participating in the game.

I remain a Steelers fan here as well as everywhere. Also, I am a fan of teams and not individual players, I root for the Pitt TEAM and the Steelers TEAM, when Pitt players leave Pitt, I wish them well and love to see them succeed, except when they play the Steelers, in those games I want the Steelers to destroy them and if they play for the Steelers I want them to be hall of famers, but if they are failures at that level, I want to Steelers to dump them, because it's about the Steelers TEAM and not individual players or where they went to school. AND I AS WELL have the right to think my way, and it doesn't lessen my fandom of the Pitt Panthers team, H2P. When I am rooting for a former Penn State player on the Steelers roster or against a former Pitt player who is playing against the Steelers, that is in no way rooting against Pitt, it has nothing to do with Pitt, it's an NFL game and Pitt is not an NFL team and not participating in the game.
I root for all former Pitt players to succeed in the Pros even when playing against the stillers. Glad Conner tore them up and hope Boyd does the same. It's been awesome to follow all of our former Pitt players in the pros. Especially the ones in Canton. H2P!!!

pierre93 vs pitt79, former psu players in a steelers uni playing against former pitt players playing against the steelers..

an epic clash, a duel for the ages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT